Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 21:22
    About 5 weeks ago, the People of Arizona rejected Martha McSally as she lost a close race for Jeff Flake's open US Senate seat.

But, hey not to worry; Republicans don't much care what the People think (hello folks in Wisconsin), so after John Kyl decided to resign from his appointment to replace the deceased John McCain, guess who got a call? Yep, none other than Martha McSally. https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/martha-mcsally-arizona-senate/index.html

She'll have to run again in 2020 and hopefully the People of Arizona will reject her again.
  2. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 21:33
    Not as sexy as Sarah Palin but good enough. I vote McSally!
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 21:39
    @nomorechess said
    Not as sexy as Sarah Palin but good enough. I vote McSally!
    Most Arizonans didn't but she got the job anyway.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 23:49
    @no1marauder said
    Most Arizonans didn't but she got the job anyway.
    This is way more than disgusting. Doug Ducey has done nothing but harm Arizona ever since dark money elected him.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:56
    @no1marauder said
    She'll have to run again in 2020 and hopefully the People of Arizona will reject her again.
    This is the bright spot takeaway.

Maybe we'll never be subjected to a full 6 year term from this woman.
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:13
    What, politics are happening in accordance with the rules and the laws of the land?

No fair!

They should give the seat to a Democrat just because they are the GOOD GUYS, know what I mean?
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:16
    @philokalia said
    What, politics are happening in accordance with the rules and the laws of the land?

No fair!

They should give the seat to a Democrat just because they are the GOOD GUYS, know what I mean?
    Gee I guess they couldn't find any Republicans who the People hadn't rejected the month before.
  8. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:19
    @no1marauder said
    Gee I guess they couldn't find any Republicans who the People hadn't rejected the month before.
    Riight, because you can just stick anyone from the party in a Senate seat to represent Arizona.

Imagine if someone without a list of qualitifications was appointed -- we'd have a thread from Marauder entitled "Geez the GOP CAN'T FIND ANYONE, look at this schmuck."

Not really exciting material here!
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:23
    @philokalia said
    Riight, because you can just stick anyone from the party in a Senate seat to represent Arizona.

Imagine if someone without a list of qualitifications was appointed -- we'd have a thread from Marauder entitled "Geez the GOP CAN'T FIND ANYONE, look at this schmuck."

Not really exciting material here!
    No, the will of the People ignored; no big deal to right wingers.
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 13:00
    @no1marauder said
    No, the will of the People ignored; no big deal to right wingers.
    And it doesn't matter HOW MANY RECOUNTS WE NEED to make sure the will of the people happens, right?

You know, the real rub about the will of the people is that they often do not have their will in the right spot, though, right?

I prefer the maximization of my personal freedom over the will of other people. Don't you?
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 13:13
    @philokalia said
    And it doesn't matter HOW MANY RECOUNTS WE NEED to make sure the will of the people happens, right?

You know, the real rub about the will of the people is that they often do not have their will in the right spot, though, right?

I prefer the maximization of my personal freedom over the will of other people. Don't you?
    We are talking about elections in democratic republics not the red herring you are raising.

The People of Arizona by their votes clearly said they didn't want Martha McSally in the US Senate. Your misdirection attempts don't change that fact.
  12. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 13:22
    Haha, right, she very narrowly lost an election originally called for her in a state experiencing rapid demographic change.

Not exactly some overwhelminf down vote for her.

You'd think that being a Democrat that routinely talks about "... But we won the popular vote on paper!" and other things that don't matter in the results, you'd be far more charitable to close seconds.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 04:28
    @philokalia said

Not surprised one whit.

Now that we know you're white, are you rich, too?

Come on, complete the trifecta... you're Republican, right?

Not one shred of care for anyone not like you.

Tell me, exactly, when was the last time your 'personal freedom' was endangered? Can you even remember, if ever?