Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 03 Dec '14 19:49
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/making-sense-of-darren-wilsons-story

"maybe Wilson was just checking every box to convince the jury that he reasonably felt he was in danger and acted accordingly. Maybe Brown, difficult as that is to square with what we know about Brown, was just wildly aggressive and enraged from the start. But I sense here that some of Wilson's actual perceptions are creeping through in this part of the testimony. And I think they're a good clue, at least a part of the puzzle (perhaps most of the puzzle) as to how and why things went so terribly wrong."
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Dec '14 22:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/making-sense-of-darren-wilsons-story

"maybe Wilson was just checking every box to convince the jury that he reasonably felt he was in danger and acted accordingly. Maybe Brown, difficult as that is to square with what we know about Brown, was just wildly aggressive and enraged from the start. But I sense here that some ...[text shortened]... art of the puzzle (perhaps most of the puzzle) as to how and why things went so terribly wrong."
    Brown and his buddy were in a hurry to smoke that weed and they didn't have a pipe. That is the first cause of why it went terribly wrong.
  3. 05 Dec '14 01:36
    We can all talk and second guess this terrible situation, but where we need to be, is setting things like this right. That means recognizing the problem and attacking it at the root.
    We are told that blacks kill blacks everyday, why? How does that change? I figure having two parents is a good start.
    It seems to me, that even in two parent families, both parents are working these days, and that leaves children to fend for themselves in many cases. Teach respect for one another.
  4. 05 Dec '14 05:49 / 3 edits
    Michael browns mother was never married to his father.. his so called step father never married his mother. Fact is he lived with his Grandmother, because his mother didn't want him around.. so here's where there is a problem, a problem that runs deep in America.Kids need a bit of raising, and it is not happening.
  5. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    05 Dec '14 06:21
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    We can all talk and second guess this terrible situation, but where we need to be, is setting things like this right. That means recognizing the problem and attacking it at the root.
    We are told that blacks kill blacks everyday, why? How does that change? I figure having two parents is a good start.
    It seems to me, that even in two parent families, bot ...[text shortened]... s, and that leaves children to fend for themselves in many cases. Teach respect for one another.
    And especially respect for authority, like the police.
  6. 05 Dec '14 16:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And especially respect for authority, like the police.
    Police can be corrupt and undeserving of respect.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    05 Dec '14 16:25
    Brown and his buddy were in a hurry to smoke that weed and they didn't have a pipe. That is the first cause of why it went terribly wrong.
    He was black. They use blunt wraps.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    05 Dec '14 19:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He was black. They use blunt wraps.
    I'm a clean white man so I wouldn't know the details.
  9. 06 Dec '14 00:44
    Originally posted by JS357
    Police can be corrupt and undeserving of respect.
    They can be, but I hardly believe that the majority are. If that is the case then we ought to stop hiring cops, and let the sheriff round up a posse to find criminals.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    06 Dec '14 01:00
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Michael browns mother was never married to his father.. his so called step father never married his mother. Fact is he lived with his Grandmother, because his mother didn't want him around.. so here's where there is a problem, a problem that runs deep in America.Kids need a bit of raising, and it is not happening.
    If you want these kids to have fathers then get the police to stop killing their fathers!
  11. 06 Dec '14 01:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If you want these kids to have fathers then get the police to stop killing their fathers!
    Neither the father or the step father was killed.
  12. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    06 Dec '14 03:49
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Neither the father or the step father was killed.
    And apparently neither the father nor the stepfather taught Michael Brown to respect the authority of the police.
  13. 06 Dec '14 12:37
    And apparently neither the father nor the stepfather taught Michael Brown to respect the authority of the police.
    so he got killed.

because that's what we do to stupid 18 year olds, we murder them. to teach a lesson. that you might always meet a coward with a gun who would shoot you 12 times rather than have a modicum of respect for a human life.
  14. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    06 Dec '14 19:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so he got killed.

because that's what we do to stupid 18 year olds, we murder them. to teach a lesson. that you might always meet a coward with a gun who would shoot you 12 times rather than have a modicum of respect for a human life.
    Wilson apparently respected his own human life and his families over this thug's. Wilson is even giving up his job because of that respect for the human life of decent people. This thug's lessons are over.
  15. 07 Dec '14 12:07
    Wilson apparently respected his own human life and his families over this thug's. Wilson is even giving up his job because of that respect for the human life of decent people. This thug's lessons are over.
    "Wilson apparently respected his own human life and his families over this thug's."

yep. he was in mortal danger from an unarmed man. after he got a bruise to his cheek he knew the only thing that could save his life was to kill a fleeing man.