Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    25 Jan '10 01:15 / 4 edits
    I was chatting with this dude...really nice guy. We were talking to the bartender, a very cute chick with a buzz haircut.

    It turns out this guy is very proud of being "off the grid" so the Man can't get him.

    He doesn't pay taxes.

    He's not a citizen. Despite his excellent English, it turns out he's Mexican, not American. He's not one of my people, he's not Chicano, he's a Mexican.

    The two of them were chatting gleefully about how this country does nothing for them and how they don't give a damn about Uncle Sam.

    Dude...why the Hell aren't you down in Mexico then? Right across the border, head down to Tijuana...or maybe you prefer Ciudad Juarez?

    Every dead cop in this country rolled in his or her grave when I heard this.

    I want a damned fence on the border.
  2. 25 Jan '10 03:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I was chatting with this dude...really nice guy. We were talking to the bartender, a very cute chick with a buzz haircut.

    It turns out this guy is very proud of being "off the grid" so the Man can't get him.

    He doesn't pay taxes.

    He's not a citizen. Despite his excellent English, it turns out he's Mexican, not American. He's not one of my ...[text shortened]... rolled in his or her grave when I heard this.

    I want a damned fence on the border.


    Sorry ATY but there is only one response to this "solution" to a Mexican in a bar picking up on a cute chick by having a topic to impress her with...

    STFU
  3. 25 Jan '10 03:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I was chatting with this dude...really nice guy. We were talking to the bartender, a very cute chick with a buzz haircut.

    It turns out this guy is very proud of being "off the grid" so the Man can't get him.

    He doesn't pay taxes.

    He's not a citizen. Despite his excellent English, it turns out he's Mexican, not American. He's not one of my ...[text shortened]... rolled in his or her grave when I heard this.

    I want a damned fence on the border.
    Not gonna happen with Banana-Bama in office. I don't blame the people who come here...heck, I would too. I blame the gov't, Big-Business, Big-Ag, Unions, and everybody else who sleeps in bed with congress....
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    25 Jan '10 04:42
    Originally posted by eljefejesus


    Sorry ATY but there is only one response to this "solution" to a Mexican in a bar picking up on a cute chick by having a topic to impress her with...

    STFU
    I don't care he was picking her up. I care about the way he's using my people to our detriment and the contempt he has for us.
  5. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    25 Jan '10 04:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't care he was picking her up. I care about the way he's using my people to our detriment and the contempt he has for us.
    "my people"

    "our detriment"

    "for us"

    Why don't you ease up with all these claims on "other" peoples lives.
  6. 25 Jan '10 04:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I was chatting with this dude...really nice guy. We were talking to the bartender, a very cute chick with a buzz haircut.

    It turns out this guy is very proud of being "off the grid" so the Man can't get him.

    He doesn't pay taxes.

    He's not a citizen. Despite his excellent English, it turns out he's Mexican, not American. He's not one of my ...[text shortened]... rolled in his or her grave when I heard this.

    I want a damned fence on the border.
    Neither the Demoncrats nor the Repuklicans care ATY. Perhaps start another party that actually enforces laws on the books. I can dream, can't I?
  7. Standard member expuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    25 Jan '10 05:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    Neither the Demoncrats nor the Repuklicans care ATY. Perhaps start another party that actually enforces laws on the books. I can dream, can't I?
    My paternal grandmother was illegal so I have to sit this topic out.
  8. 25 Jan '10 11:03
    Originally posted by peanutpicker61
    Not gonna happen with Banana-Bama in office. I don't blame the people who come here...heck, I would too. I blame the gov't, Big-Business, Big-Ag, Unions, and everybody else who sleeps in bed with congress....
    We have the same problem in the UK with Asian and other non-European immigrants, only half of whom are in employnment according to the government's 'Asian adviser', himself a former Pakistani.
  9. 25 Jan '10 17:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I was chatting with this dude...really nice guy. We were talking to the bartender, a very cute chick with a buzz haircut.

    It turns out this guy is very proud of being "off the grid" so the Man can't get him.

    He doesn't pay taxes.

    He's not a citizen. Despite his excellent English, it turns out he's Mexican, not American. He's not one of my ...[text shortened]... rolled in his or her grave when I heard this.

    I want a damned fence on the border.
    I completely agree. If you dislike a country so much why would you go there?
  10. 25 Jan '10 17:18
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    We have the same problem in the UK with Asian and other non-European immigrants, only half of whom are in employnment according to the government's 'Asian adviser', himself a former Pakistani.
    how can you be a "former pakistani"?
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    25 Jan '10 17:36
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    how can you be a "former pakistani"?
    By giving up citizenship.
  12. 25 Jan '10 17:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    By giving up citizenship.
    yes, but you'd still be of pakistani origin. you can't change your ethinicity or your birthplace.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    25 Jan '10 17:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yes, but you'd still be of pakistani origin. you can't change your ethinicity or your birthplace.
    Yes, you'd be of Pakistani origin, and Pakistani ethnicity, but you wouldn't be a Pakistani.

    I'm not Mexican. I'm chicano. I'm not Irish. I'm a Celt.
  14. 25 Jan '10 17:45
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yes, but you'd still be of pakistani origin. you can't change your ethinicity or your birthplace.
    "himself a former Pakistani (citizen)", not "himself a former (ethnic) Pakistani".
  15. 25 Jan '10 17:49
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    "himself a former Pakistani (citizen)", not "himself a former (ethnic) Pakistani".
    I see.