Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    18 May '15 23:06
    Biker wars! Some might be looking for revenge...on the cops!
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    19 May '15 03:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Biker wars! Some might be looking for revenge...on the cops!
    According to the BBC website the battle started over a parking space. There were nine fatalities and 18 other casualties. Happily no non-combatants were hurt.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32783541
  3. Subscriber divegeester
    Nice suit...
    19 May '15 05:04
    I'm sure the fatalities would have been higher if they had been using knives instead of guns.
  4. 19 May '15 05:42
    Clearly they were standing their ground.
  5. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    19 May '15 09:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sure the fatalities would have been higher if they had been using knives instead of guns.
    Very liberal gun laws in Texas unless you're a felon. I wonder how many of these gang members were legally allowed guns anyway. Gun laws are good at taking guns off law abiding folk who aren't the problem anyway.
  6. 19 May '15 10:43
    Clearly it was the governments fault.
  7. 19 May '15 20:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Clearly it was the governments fault.
    Clearly, they couldn't do anything about it.
  8. 20 May '15 17:37
    The root problem here is drugs not guns.

    If we didn't have worthless druggies buying crap from this trash, then they wouldn't exist as a gang.
  9. 20 May '15 17:59
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The root problem here is drugs not guns.

    If we didn't have worthless druggies buying crap from this trash, then they wouldn't exist as a gang.
    Ask yourself now, why is drug dealing so profitable, and so worth fighting and dying over territory? Marijuana is a weed, which almost anyone can grow with little effort, yet it sells on the Street in Detroit for up to $5K a pound.
  10. 20 May '15 18:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sure the fatalities would have been higher if they had been using knives instead of guns.
    Might have been higher if the fight were with blunt objects. People who are shot, many times can't shoot back, and are out of the fight.
  11. 20 May '15 18:23
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Ask yourself now, why is drug dealing so profitable, and so worth fighting and dying over territory? Marijuana is a weed, which almost anyone can grow with little effort, yet it sells on the Street in Detroit for up to $5K a pound.
    Yep, lots of people under achieve in life due to their drug addictions.
  12. 20 May '15 19:10
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Yep, lots of people under achieve in life due to their drug addictions.
    Lots of people underachieve for many varied reasons. Drug addiction is just one. Another big one is entitlement mentality.

    Prohibition of drugs hasn't proved an effective means of reducing addiction, any more than alcohol prohibition reduced drunkenness. It increases the risks to dealers, and raises the costs and profits of drug sales and distribution.
  13. 20 May '15 19:14
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Lots of people underachieve for many varied reasons. Drug addiction is just one. Another big one is entitlement mentality.

    Prohibition of drugs hasn't proved an effective means of reducing addiction, any more than alcohol prohibition reduced drunkenness. It increases the risks to dealers, and raises the costs and profits of drug sales and distribution.
    Might as well legalize prostitution while you are at it.
  14. 20 May '15 19:18
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Might as well legalize prostitution while you are at it.
    Absolutely! How can selling what belongs to you, be a crime?
  15. 20 May '15 19:19
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Absolutely! How can selling what belongs to you, be a crime?
    I understand your position.