Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 20:46
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/27/cannot-eat-here-hawaii-caf-riles-residents-with-ban-on-trump-voters.html

I have seen this kind of story more than once since Trump won the election. Is this kind of discrimination legal?

Personally I think it is great.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 20:57
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/27/cannot-eat-here-hawaii-caf-riles-residents-with-ban-on-trump-voters.html

I have seen this kind of story more than once since Trump won the election. Is this kind of discrimination legal?

What if you voted for Trump but also want a gay wedding cake?

Whoa. I blew my own mind.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 20:59
    They probably don't want their non-white women getting punched punched in the face.

But yeah, it's legal. "Idiot voter" isn't a protected status.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 21:07
    Originally posted by vivify
    They probably don't want their non-white women getting punched punched in the face.

No but it is utter hypocrisy. What happened to free speech, a right to an opinion? And yes, what about the wedding cake?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 21:07

So in other words discrimination is legal, just special forms of discrimination are not allowed.

Funny how libtards skirt their own issues.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:201 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No but it is utter hypocrisy. What happened to free speech, a right to an opinion? And yes, what about the wedding cake?
    I didn't say it was right, did I? I merely said it was legal. Legal doesn't always equal right. In my opinion, no form of discrimination should be legal, even against idiot voters.

Sorry to burst your bubble there...you were really praying for something to jump on a "leftist" about, weren't you?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:33
    I didn't say it was right, did I? I merely said it was legal. Legal doesn't always equal right. In my opinion, no form of discrimination should be legal, even against idiot voters.

Sorry to burst your bubble there...you were really praying for something to jump on a "leftist" about, weren't you?
    I think the libtard hypcrite would be the restaurant owner.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:37
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    What if you voted for Trump but also want a gay wedding cake?

Whoa. I blew my own mind.
    When lesbians admire other women for their appearance is that misogynistic?

I just blew it back again.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:391 edit

You're so open minded you'd force a jewish baker to bake a nazi swastika cake, we're impressed.

Bubble unburst.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:421 edit

Why not ask them to bake a Trump cake?

Just lay back and prepare to retire.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 00:20
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You're so open minded you'd force a jewish baker to bake a nazi swastika cake, we're impressed.

Bubble unburst.
    Ooh, strawmen. No one should be forced to engage in hate speech, so nope to that. The Nazi should still be allowed service.

Any others?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 00:24
    Ooh, strawmen. No one should be forced to engage in hate speech, so nope to that. The Nazi should still be allowed service.

Any others?
    Nazi's should be served but the soup Nazi does not have to serve?

Is that what you are implying?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 00:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nazi's should be served but the soup Nazi does not have to serve?

Is that what you are implying?
    That's right, no soup for you
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 00:28
    That's right, no soup for you
    😠
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 02:24

Any others?
    Let's dwell on this one for a while.

Who says a swastika is hate speech? The sign has different meangings for different people.

And just to be really clear; you'd like to force the jewish baker to bake a cake for the nazi as long as it didn't have a swastika on it. How about the word Auschwitz? What about the word ZyklonB? Do you have a list of banned words and signs? Or could we just leave it for the baker to decide who they deal with.