Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 12:10
    YouTube

probably the 9th investigation is right around the corner.
  2. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 13:30
    :'(
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 14:47
    You can argue Republicans did wrong by wasting so much taxpayer money on this.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 19:481 edit
    The US intelligence and military services have had other evident cases of failures.
    While some people may have made errors (or perhaps showed incompetence) during
    the 'Benghazi incident', I regard it as ludicrous for right-wing Americans to attempt to
    put all the blame upon Hillary Clinton personally. Even if they attempted to invoke the
    principle of 'the buck stops at the top', they should blame President Obama rather than
    his subordinate, Hillary Clinton, in that case.

I know of many other reasons to criticize Hillary Clinton. But this absurdly exaggerated
    politicized attack by right-wing Americans tends to motivate the people who are not already
    obsessed with hatred (like most right-wing Americans) toward her to have sympathy for her.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 22:25
    Hillary did nothing wrong, and she swears she will never do it again.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 08:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Hillary did nothing wrong, and she swears she will never do it again.
    you aren't convinced, are you? you still think she or the obama administration did something wrong even though 8 investigations and 7 million dollars spent say otherwise.

8 investigations disagree with you. what do you have agreeing with you? your gut feeling? how "guilty" she looks?

a republican complained that after 7 million dollars spent, they couldn't find anything. is that what you are saying as well? Do you understand that they DID find something, that there isn't anything to find? no, you probably don't understand.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 10:22
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you aren't convinced, are you? you still think she or the obama administration did something wrong even though 8 investigations and 7 million dollars spent say otherwise.

8 investigations disagree with you. what do you have agreeing with you? your gut feeling? how "guilty" she looks?

a republican complained that after 7 million dollars spent, they c ...[text shortened]... t they DID find something, that there isn't anything to find? no, you probably don't understand.
    So you tell us, who gave the order to not rescue those in Benghazi?

Soldiers were in and out of uniform 3 times, as they received conflicting commands.

Have you ever heard the term, the Buck stops here? In this administration, the Buck is never ending.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 11:33
    So you tell us, who gave the order to not rescue those in Benghazi?

Soldiers were in and out of uniform 3 times, as they received conflicting commands.

Have you ever heard the term, the Buck stops here? In this administration, the Buck is never ending.
    "So you tell us, who gave the order to not rescue those in Benghazi?"
    wtf are you on about? 2 people died because they did form a rescue operation. how about you read the 800+pages on the subject. all i know about this subject that i only care about to get you to shut up about it is the bottom line, the conclusion, which is: there was nothing more this administration could have done to prevent the incident. there were no malicious intent or incompetence.

"In this administration, the Buck is never ending"
    the investigations were independent or controlled by republicans.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 13:302 edits
    "So you tell us, who gave the order to not rescue those in Benghazi?"
    wtf are you on about? 2 people died because they did form a rescue operation. how about you read the 800+pages on the subject. all i know about this subject that i only care about to get you to shut up about it is the bottom line, the conclusion, which is: there was nothing more this ad ...[text shortened]... on, the Buck is never ending"
    the investigations were independent or controlled by republicans.
    No, the soldiers in question were told to dress in uniform and then back out again on 3 different occasions, wasting precious time before finally being sent out after it was too late.

The bottom line is, the US soldiers were not the first ones to the rescue, rather, it was troops from Libya who showed up first.

Now look at the big picture with Hillary as Secretary of State. You have the Obama administration overthrowing Gaddafi, only to have Libya becomes a resort for terrorists like ISIS. Why?

Then you have the Syrian debacle where millions of refugees came to Europe to escape the carnage to escape ISIS while nothing of substance was done about it.

Then you have the fact that Hillary voted to even go into Iraq, after which, turning on Bush and the GOP for "their" war.

Name one accomplishment that Hillary can hang her hat on, other than being proficient at deleting e-mails.

She is a train wreck.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 13:393 edits
    Rubio did a good job of saying what needed to be said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/28/exclusive-marco-rubio-benghazi-report-highlights-extraordinary-failure-of-state-dept-clinton/

The issue with Hillary is not understanding risks, whether they be abroad in Libya or when it comes to technology she does not understand with e-mails

Is it "wrong" to be inept? Usually not in government.

Then to add insult to injury, she lies to try and cover herself on both counts.

Disgusting and scary considering that she will be the next President.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 19:04
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The US intelligence and military services have had other evident cases of failures.
    the 'Benghazi incident', I regard it as ludicrous for right-wing Americans to attempt to
    put all the blame upon Hillary Clinton personally. Even if they attempted to invoke the
    principle of ...[text shortened]... eady
    obsessed with hatred (like most right-wing Americans) toward her to have sympathy for her.
    When Iranian students took American hostages at the US Embassy in Tehran, did many
    right-wing Americans obsessively blame Cyrus Vance, the Secretary of State, alone for it?
    And I note that, unlike Hillary Clinton, Cyrus Vance previously had held high-level positions
    in defense, having been Deputy Secretary of Defense and Secretary of the Army.

I suspect that a part of this obsessive condemnation of Hillary Clinton comes from the sexist
    belief that a woman leader cannot be trusted to be 'tough enough' to insure national security.
    This bias may lead Hillary Clinton to resort to bellicose posturing against perceived threats
    to national security in attempting to show that she can talk as tough as more testosterone-loaded politicians.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 20:58
    Rubio did a good job of saying what needed to be said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/28/exclusive-marco-rubio-benghazi-report-highlights-extraordinary-failure-of-state-dept-clinton/

The issue with Hillary is not understanding risks, whether they be abroad in Libya or when it comes to technology she does not understand with e-mails

I ...[text shortened]... erself on both counts.

Disgusting and scary considering that she will be the next President.
    she didn't lie, several investigations found no wrongdoings. do you enjoy making an ass of yourself?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 21:03
    she didn't lie, several investigations found no wrongdoings. do you enjoy making an ass of yourself?
    She told the families and press that the attack was related to a video and then turned right around and told people close to her it was just another act of terrorism, never mentioning the video.

You can play this as if she were being given two different stories if you like, but she was presenting two different stories. If I was one of the family members, I would probably be pretty pissed, not just at the incompetence but the double stories as well.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 21:21
    principle of ...[text shortened]... eady
    As I recall, Hillary C. was in the neighborhood, serving as Secretary of State. Embassies are under her department's oversight. At some point, accountability has to come to government officials, especially if they are actively seeking the Presidency.

I agree that others have made similar errors of omission and judgement, but that doesn't excuse us of giving the official in charge a big political promotion.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 21:22
    When Iranian students took American hostages at the US Embassy in Tehran, did many
    right-wing Americans obsessively blame Cyrus Vance, the Secretary of State, alone for it?
    And I note that, unlike Hillary Clinton, Cyrus Vance previously had held high-level positions
    in defense, having been Deputy Secretary of Defense and Secretary of the Army.

I susp ...[text shortened]... curity in attempting to show that she can talk as tough as more testosterone-loaded politicians.
    Left wingers did politicize the event.