Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 22:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Freedom of speech is so terrible.
    They have a right to say what they will, but they don't have a right to be taken seriously, or to dodge the backlash.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 22:483 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Oh jeez, riot time. "If I die in police custody, remember my name'. Hang the bastids that said that. We can't have that kind of talk, worse than yelling 'FIRE' in a crowded theater. What is this country coming to.
    Remember my name?
    The main retort was BURN EVERYTHING DOWN !
    With KILL THE PIGS AND GET WHITEY strongly implied.
    Maybe there should be a White Lives Matter site:
    YouTube
    (got a thousand more videos like this if you want, strange how there are almost none of the reverse)
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 23:43
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    You can start with this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raK8kI7oKW0
    Are any of the founders of BLM in this video? Because that's who we were talking about.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 00:28
    Originally posted by vivify
    Are any of the founders of BLM in this video? Because that's who we were talking about.
    Yes.
    Read the description.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 02:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    People don't generally get that vocal, and that obnoxious without leadership. It is no wonder that almost all the progress gained in the non violent protests of the past has been lost, and race relations are worse than I can ever remember.

I personally reject the BLM notion, because all lives matter. Blacks who are really concerned about police/community relations need to look back at their kids who are disproportionately involved in criminal activity.

You don't want to be rousted by cops, don't smoke dope openly! When you drive, obey traffic laws, and make sure your vehicle isn't in violation. Cops always look for these easy stops, and routinely find morons who are also holding, or have warrants.

Yeh, black lives matter, but so do white lives. It seems that white kids, although often into the same mischief as black kids are, have the common sense not to flaunt it in the face of cops.

If you know, or think you know, that you are targeted or are likely to get extra police attention, it is just self destructive to make yourself the subject of self fulfilling prophecy. Use a little common sense, even if you think you shouldn't have to.