Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 02 Oct '15 00:00 / 1 edit
    tHIS JUST IN....13 DEAD in Oregon, Obama ignores the 100 shootings a week in Chicago, etc.
  2. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    02 Oct '15 00:21
    A letter has emerged, written by Douglas County sheriff John Hanlin to vice president Joe Biden, urging against gun control which he said would be “an indisputable insult to the American people.”

    “Gun control is NOT the answer to preventing heinous crimes like school shootings,” wrote Hanlin in January 2013.

    The letter, published by Mother Jones, from Hanlan also states he would refuse to enforce any gun controls laws the US government may pass, and would not allow any of his deputies or any federal officers to enforce them.

    The United States supreme court has ruled that when a sheriff chooses to enforce an unconstitutional directive, he is violating his Constitutional Oath. I will NOT violate my constitutional oath.

    ...any federal regulation enacted by Congress or by executive order of the President offending the Constitutional rights of my citizens shall not be enforced by me or by my deputies, nor will I permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers within the borders of Douglas County Oregon.

    In conclusion, it is my position as Sheriff of Douglas County, Oregon that I will refuse to participate in, nor tolerate enforcement actions against citizens that are deemed unconstitutional.”
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    02 Oct '15 03:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    tHIS JUST IN....13 DEAD in Oregon, Obama ignores the 100 shootings a week in Chicago, etc.
    Does that prove *gasp* that while not only being a Nigerian, Muslim, Nazi, Commie, Obama is also a racist? If statistics are to be believed and a disproportinate number of gun related fatalities are black, then he must be a racist.
    Obama, don't Black Lives Matter?
  4. 03 Oct '15 16:01 / 2 edits
    http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/video-chris-harper-mercers-religion/

    The problem is guns, not Jihadists. Muslims are only loving people and the problem is only when they get guns.

    Oh yeah, the Muslim in Oklahoma who beheaded that woman didn't have a gun. Well, I guess we just need to ignore the fact that the guy had Islamic connections and use propaganda to convince people it was the gun.
  5. 03 Oct '15 16:12
    Will Obama fly to Oregon to sing Amazing Grace like he did in South Carolina since it is obvious that the gunman was targeting Christians?

    The only difference is, one group are blacks and the other whites.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrE3zgv60E0
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Oct '15 16:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Will Obama fly to Oregon to sing Amazing Grace like he did in South Carolina since it is obvious that the gunman was targeting Christians?

    The only difference is, one group are blacks and the other whites.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrE3zgv60E0
    "Only difference"?

    Would one being a church count?

    I haven't heard that all the victims were white; do you have some confirmation of that?
  7. 03 Oct '15 16:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Will Obama fly to Oregon to sing Amazing Grace like he did in South Carolina since it is obvious that the gunman was targeting Christians?

    The only difference is, one group are blacks and the other whites.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrE3zgv60E0
    Another difference:

    One was a white racist type while the other was just anti-Christian Islamic type.

    Obama definitely wants to cover the jihadist while he wants to make as much propaganda as possible on the white racist guy.
  8. 03 Oct '15 16:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    "Only difference"?

    Would one being a church count?

    I haven't heard that all the victims were white; do you have some confirmation of that?
    My bad, I suppose it has to be a church before Obama will come sing Amazing Grace.
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Oct '15 16:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Another difference:

    One was a white racist type while the other was just anti-Christian Islamic type.

    Obama definitely wants to cover the jihadist while he wants to make as much propaganda as possible on the white racist guy.
    There's zero indication he's an Islamist; his profiles says he was not a member of any religion. He was a registered Republican though.

    EDIT: A federal law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said, though, that authorities had obtained some of Harper-Mercer's writings, as well as a note he left behind, suggesting that he supported white-supremacist causes and opposed organized religion.

    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-chris-harper-mercer-oregon-shooting-20151002-htmlstory.html

    Last I checked, Islamists don't oppose organized religion nor describe themselves as "not religious but spiritual" as the shooter did in social media posts.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Oct '15 16:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    My bad, I suppose it has to be a church before Obama will come sing Amazing Grace.
    That's usually where hymns are sung.
  11. 03 Oct '15 16:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    There's zero indication he's an Islamist; his profiles says he was not a member of any religion. He was a registered Republican though.
    Read the link that I posted.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Oct '15 16:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Read the link that I posted.
    I did. It's BS.

    As I pointed out in other threads, the college was not a "gun free zone" but like all colleges in Oregon one where people could carry weapons. And the rest of the article is similarly inaccurate.
  13. 03 Oct '15 16:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I did. It's BS.

    As I pointed out in other threads, the college was not a "gun free zone" but like all colleges in Oregon one where people could carry weapons. And the rest of the article is similarly inaccurate.
    OK, its bs because it disagrees with the propaganda you like to believe.

    Anyone who disagrees with the propaganda sources you believe are true is a liar. Your case has been proven beyond a doubt.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Oct '15 17:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    OK, its bs because it disagrees with the propaganda you like to believe.

    Anyone who disagrees with the propaganda sources you believe are true is a liar. Your case has been proven beyond a doubt.
    Whatever. It disagrees with his social media postings regarding his lack of belief in organized religions. And it made an incorrect claim about the college being a "gun free zone". So it's not a reliable source just because you want to believe this is some Muslim conspiracy.
  15. 03 Oct '15 17:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Whatever. It disagrees with his social media postings regarding his lack of belief in organized religions. And it made an incorrect claim about the college being a "gun free zone". So it's not a reliable source just because you want to believe this is some Muslim conspiracy.
    You immediately turn a blind eye to evidence that he had ties to Jihadists and was sympathetic to their cause. You turn a blind eye to evidence that explains why he intentionally targeted Christians.

    You only see what you want to see and ignore what you don't want to see.