3. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 02:011 edit
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    yes or no
    forget the spelling error please
    I would vote for her over Trump or most republicans any day. However, at present, I would be somewhat uneasy with her leading all military affairs of the USA. I'm sure if she was elected she would have good military counsel and follow it if elected. So, YES!
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 02:16
    She has zero qualifications for the job.

No.
  5. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 03:012 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    She has zero qualifications for the job.

No.
    She passes all legal Constitutional qualifications for the job.
    https://www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html
    As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. These requirements do not prohibit women or minority candidates from running.
  6. old pueblo
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 03:13
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    [b]As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. These requirements do not prohibit women or minority candidates from running.
    [/b]
    She has no political experience, which, although it isn't a constitutional requirement, is an excellent background. Yes, we've had generals become presidents, but they were much better at being generals. Entertainers turning into president without any middle ground isn't my cup of tea. Especially lazy, illiterate, misogynistic entertainers with no self-control.

That said, I'd trust Oprah in a heartbeat way more than anyone in the current GOP, with and without experience.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 03:201 edit
    [b]As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. These requirements do not prohibit women or minority candidates from running.
    [/b]
    Stop the BS. I was not talking about the minimum Constitutional requirements and your attempt to suggest I'm a sexist/ racist who believes minorities and/or women are not qualified to be President is Duchy Jr. like (in fact I've voted for both).

She has no political or governmental experience and we really don't need another ill-prepared celebrity in the post.
  8. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 03:246 edits
    Originally posted by @sahuaro
    She has no political experience, which, although it isn't a constitutional requirement, is an excellent background. Yes, we've had generals become presidents, but they were much better at being generals. Entertainers turning into president without any middle ground isn't my cup of tea. Especially lazy, illiterate, misogynistic entertainers with no self-c ...[text shortened]... trust Oprah in a heartbeat way more than anyone in the current GOP, with and without experience.
    I agree. However, she still passes all legal Constitutional qualifications needed for the job. Also, when I lived in Brooklyn Park Minnesota Jesse Ventura became Mayor of that city after being a WWF wrestling star, and doing a couple parts in movies. He then went on to be Governor of Minnesota and a good honest Governor at that. His first year as Governor of Minnesota, we had a 13+ billion dollar surplus. He gave every tax paying citizen of Minnesota a rebate check with that 13 BILLION PLUS. All the other politicians went nuts over that and turned against him. This is what is wrong with our government today, nothing but thieves and rip-offs of tax payers hiding behind their supposed experience (qualifications). Experience at what? ripping off tax payers and then telling them what to do or what to think, that's what. I sure know I liked my $600.00 check at that time. Oprah is a real billionaire who was born into poverty and worked her way up and has never gone bankrupt as the current unqualified POS in office today.
  9. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 03:271 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Stop the BS. I was not talking about the minimum Constitutional requirements and your attempt to suggest I'm a sexist/ racist who believes minorities and/or women are not qualified to be President is Duchy Jr. like (in fact I've voted for both).

She has no political or governmental experience and we really don't need another ill-prepared celebrity in the post.
    I never suggested, or meant, anything of the such no1. I was only stating that she passes all the legal constitutional qualifications for the job. Nothing more, nothing less.
  10. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 04:47
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 08:371 edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2v8IgJdsm4
    I'm guessing that this dance would have to be done in pumps. I cannot imagine trying to do this in high heels, or even kitten heels.

The video is pure awesome, though!
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 08:59
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    yes or no
    forget the spelling error please
    Cheap shots! Cheap shots for everybody!

No.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 09:58
    if your other choices on the democratic side are Biden and Cory Booker, Oprah is actually a wonderful idea.

in a normal world, yes, she would be unqualified to be president, especially one that has such an insane amount of power as the US president. Have you looked at the US lately though? It is not normal, not even close. If it takes another Tv celebrity to set the US on the path to normalcy, Oprah would be good enough.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 10:01
    I never suggested, or meant, anything of the such no1. I was only stating that she passes all the legal constitutional qualifications for the job. Nothing more, nothing less.
    yes, but was it relevant to the discussion? did it counter his point? did it advance the debate?

if you look at your "she is allowed to run for office" point you would see that it answers no question posed here and it is not information that is useful or unknown
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 10:04
    I agree. However, she still passes all legal Constitutional qualifications needed for the job. Also, when I lived in Brooklyn Park Minnesota Jesse Ventura became Mayor of that city after being a WWF wrestling star, and doing a couple parts in movies. He then went on to be Governor of Minnesota and a good honest Governor at that. His first year as G ...[text shortened]... nd worked her way up and has never gone bankrupt as the current unqualified POS in office today.
    "Jesse Ventura became Mayor of that city after being a WWF wrestling star"
    that's the point. he had no political experience. He ran for mayor of "Brooklyn Park Minnesota", a town i never heard of, with a population of eighty thousand), not for the US presidency, a country of how many hundreds of millions again? That was him gaining political experience starting small, not aiming for the nuclear football from the start.