Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 20 Jun '17 08:24
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Jun '17 12:08
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    I watched the video and that cop shot the guy 5 or 6 times just as fast as he could. The guy showed no weapon, just said he had a legal weapon in the car. He was getting his license out of his wallet when he was shot. The angle the cop shot had to put bullets in the back seat where a 5 yo kid was sitting too. All in all, a bad day and that cop should have been put in jail or at least fired. There were 2 other people in that car, a gf and a small kid. That was inexusable shooting into a car where the guy had no weapon shown, just verbally told the cop there was one in the car, my guess in the glove box.

My question: If the guy in the car was white would this have happened? Answer is obvious. Never.

That kid looked like he was right in the line of fire and it was pure luck he didn't get killed too. of course that would have made little difference to the cop, one less black on the street I suppose.
  3. 22 Jun '17 13:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I watched the video and that cop shot the guy 5 or 6 times just as fast as he could. The guy showed no weapon, just said he had a legal weapon in the car. He was getting his license out of his wallet when he was shot. The angle the cop shot had to put bullets in the back seat where a 5 yo kid was sitting too. All in all, a bad day and that cop should have b ...[text shortened]... ourse that would have made little difference to the cop, one less black on the street I suppose.
    there are plenty of videos of white people pointing their guns at cops and cops trying to defuse the situation. they understood the white guy was just angry/drunk/senile and they tried their best to detain him without lethal action. black guys aren't given the same treatment. many cops genuinely fear for their lives when dealing with black people.

"or at least fired. "
    he was fired.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Jun '17 15:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    there are plenty of videos of white people pointing their guns at cops and cops trying to defuse the situation. they understood the white guy was just angry/drunk/senile and they tried their best to detain him without lethal action. black guys aren't given the same treatment. many cops genuinely fear for their lives when dealing with black people.

"or at least fired. "
    he was fired.
    I didn't know he was fired. Your piece said he was exonorated of homicide. I don't think he will escape wrongful death charge though. I hope he ends up homeless.
  5. 22 Jun '17 16:24
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/y4vxwt/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-the-truth-about-the-philando-castile-verdict

It took about 1 second for philando castille to be shot 4 times from the moment he told the officer he has a gun. It took 1 second for the cop to panic like the cowardly piece of crap he is. Watch philando castile's girlfriend, having watched her boyfriend getting shot 4 times, NOT forget her training and continue to call the officer 'sir'.

Cops can ignore their training (what little they have) and panic and cost someone else his life but black people do not forget theor training, the training they get from their parents and friends and life experience, 'how to deal with cops'.