Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    27 Jan '12 14:58
    And reality and ANY sense of proportion have really just been flushed down the god damned toilet.

    That I have to witness this in my bloody life-time.
  2. 27 Jan '12 16:17
    Here's an article from the ap
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/dutch-move-step-closer-banning-burqa-15456357#.TyLMt4GwUq8

    It looks as if they have only laid the plans. The funny part, if you ask me, is that they want to include ski masks to try to make it look like a security thing instead of an open attack on the Muslim faith.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    27 Jan '12 19:33
    I'm surprised the Western special forces haven't been using Burkas. The other side should be aware of the problem too.
  4. 27 Jan '12 19:33
    I think there is a rich irony to the strategy of empowering women by telling them what they can and can't wear.
  5. 27 Jan '12 19:37
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I think there is a rich irony to the strategy of empowering women by telling them what they can and can't wear.
    This isn't about empowering women, but about appealing to the Racist Party, which is supporting the minority government.
  6. Standard member Soothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    28 Jan '12 01:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    This isn't about empowering women, but about appealing to the Racist Party, which is supporting the minority government.
    The Netherlands über alles? It evokes odd imagery...
  7. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    28 Jan '12 05:37
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I think there is a rich irony to the strategy of empowering women by telling them what they can and can't wear.
    Absolutely. It cracks me up everytime I hear those wife-beating trailer trash ignorant bastards telling us that banning burkas is helping women to choose.
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    28 Jan '12 05:38
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    The Netherlands über alles? It evokes odd imagery...
    Oh, we don't talk about that here in Holland. We're all heroes. EVERYONE was in the resistance. Yessirree... nothing untoward here, what-so-ever.

    And if you disagree you're a communist and a criminal.
  9. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    28 Jan '12 05:59
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    This isn't about empowering women, but about appealing to the Racist Party, which is supporting the minority government.
    I'm impressed. I knew the Dutch were progressive, but to actually come out and say, this is who we are, that's our name, the Racist Party, thats awesome. Talk about living in a post racial world!
  10. 28 Jan '12 12:55
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I'm impressed. I knew the Dutch were progressive, but to actually come out and say, this is who we are, that's our name, the Racist Party, thats awesome. Talk about living in a post racial world!
    They are actually called "Party For Freedom", though its leader has implicitly stated he is a racist. It remains politically incorrect in racist circles to say you are racist.
  11. Standard member Soothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    28 Jan '12 19:24
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It remains politically incorrect in racist circles to say you are racist.
    It's the same in the U.S.
  12. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    30 Jan '12 15:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    They are actually called "Party For Freedom", though its leader has implicitly stated he is a racist. It remains politically incorrect in racist circles to say you are racist.
    I wouldn't have thought that racists in racist circles gave a toss about PC speech. Anyway I thought all you had to say to get around the PC Nazis was, ..."I know this might sound a bit politically incorrect, but...."
  13. 30 Jan '12 15:11
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I wouldn't have thought that racists in racist circles gave a toss about PC speech. Anyway I thought all you had to say to get around the PC Nazis was, ..."I know this might sound a bit politically incorrect, but...."
    No, that's not how it works. Populists too have touchy subjects that they choose to avoid. They just claim that they don't.
  14. 30 Jan '12 16:11
    Of all muslim women I have in my vincinity, none of them wears a niquab, nor a burqua. Are they not real muslims?

    Of course they are. To mask their faces has nothing to do with islam in general. It has other purposes. What, I ask.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    30 Jan '12 19:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Of all muslim women I have in my vincinity, none of them wears a niquab, nor a burqua. Are they not real muslims?

    Of course they are. To mask their faces has nothing to do with islam in general. It has other purposes. What, I ask.
    "In general". Wearing a priest's collar has nothing to do with Christianity "in general" but a lot to do with how that particular person expresses their belief in the brand of Christianity they adhere to.