Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '16 23:27
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    You are aware that there was a revolution in England which resulted in the King being beheaded a good century before either the French, who chopped off their King's head too. But you are aware that when the 13 colonies rebelled they failed even to behead even a governor, never mind the King. I'm sorry, but you see, we in Europe understand that in order ...[text shortened]... these institutions, if you want poverty and powerlessness go ahead and abolish your government.
    Why do you believe putting a new power in charge changes anything? Such a short sighted solution which simply puts a same fleas on a different dog. The solution is to limit the government to get rid of the fleas.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 01:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I am not defined by party offiliation.
    *affiliation
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 04:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Christians who support the right have an incredibly thin line to tread.

I don't see how any of them do it.
    Maybe they're not True Christians.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 04:40
    Originally posted by vivify
    *affiliation
    Thanks for the correction. I might even spell it right next time.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 04:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    Maybe they're not True Christians.
    If by the right you mean establishment types you could be correct.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 04:55
    Why do you believe putting a new power in charge changes anything? Such a short sighted solution which simply puts a same fleas on a different dog. The solution is to limit the government to get rid of the fleas.
    That's a rather clumsy attempt at a Strawman argument. I never claimed that changing the personnel at the top of itself changes anything. I have no intention of letting you lead me into defending that. However, the claim you made earlier was that "Europeans look to their government to tell them what to believe". I don't think that that is true of most Europeans. But the real question is are you? Given the massive level of psychological manipulation in Western societies simply to sell people things one might expect psychological operations on political matters as well. So you think you think for yourself, but do you really, or has someone else put ideas into your head for you?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 05:01
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That's a rather clumsy attempt at a Strawman argument. I never claimed that changing the personnel at the top of itself changes anything. I have no intention of letting you lead me into defending that. However, the claim you made earlier was that "Europeans look to their government to tell them what to believe". I don't think that that is true ...[text shortened]... you think for yourself, but do you really, or has someone else put ideas into your head for you?
    Lose the debate so make a personal attack. Say it isn't so.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 05:05
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "...they failed to behead..."
    --DeepThought

But Westerners today condemn ISIS's beheadings for being a barbarous method of execution.
    I'm not aware that ISIS tries people before beheading them. It's the extrajudicial nature of the executions that is the real problem. Also they frequently behead people with knives and basically saw their heads off, it's not a single clean blow.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 05:07
    Lose the debate so make a personal attack. Say it isn't so.
    You did not win the debate. That was not a personal attack. If you like I'll make a personal attack on you so you can see the difference. Now, are you sure you think for yourself or are you thinking thoughts that have been put there for you?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 07:06
    Does anyone think for themselves or do we all believe something we have had communicated to us?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 13:13
    Does anyone think for themselves or do we all believe something we have had communicated to us?
    Well, for some they do not think until Fox News tells them what to think.
    Others, do not think until MSNBC tells them what to think.
    Others, do not think until.........tells them what to think.
    Others, do not think.
    Than there are we chess players. 🙂
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 15:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well, for some they do not think until Fox News tells them what to think.
    Others, do not think until MSNBC tells them what to think.
    Others, do not think until.........tells them what to think.
    Others, do not think.
    Than there are we chess players. 🙂
    Libtards usually assume people who disagree with them must blindly believe fox
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 17:20
    Libtards usually assume people who disagree with them must blindly believe fox
    So where did you learn the word 'libtards' then? I only ever hear it from fox watchers.
    Also, if Kelly doesn't blindly believe fox, then how do you explain some of his recent statements? Seriously, where else would he get such rubbish and think that it was sensible to pass it on? The only explanation is that he blindly believed it and didn't even stop to think before posting it here and making a fool of himself.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 18:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So where did you learn the word 'libtards' then? I only ever hear it from fox watchers.
    Also, if Kelly doesn't blindly believe fox, then how do you explain some of his recent statements? Seriously, where else would he get such rubbish and think that it was sensible to pass it on? The only explanation is that he blindly believed it and didn't even stop to think before posting it here and making a fool of himself.
    Sam the Sham was using it on this site
    I thought it was accurate do use it.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 19:37
    Sam the Sham was using it on this site
    I thought it was accurate do use it.
    Then you have clearly been brainwashed by someone, if not fox, then who?