1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 22:18
    Nearly 2,000 kids have been separated from their families by US
    at border control in the past 6 weeks, reflecting the new tougher
    border control.

Condemned by the UN these kids all go into care.
    What is that costing the US tax-payer?

Good old Mr Sessions justifies policy by quoting the bible!
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 22:22
    I really hate that those children are being detained separately from their parents. Unfortunately it's the law and that law needs to be changed!

In the mean time, just noting the facts, the kids would still be with their parents if their parents had not chosen to commit a felony and cross into a country's border without going through the proper channels. I'm not saying the kids deserve this because they don't--but the parents are the direct cause. The laws on the books are the indirect cause.
  3. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 22:24
    fyi I saw footage last night of the kids eating refreshments, playing Xbox, and high fiving each other. I only mention this to dispel any myths or propaganda that the kids are being mistreated, underfed, tortured, or whatever else the fake news sites will tell you to get you angry.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 22:31
    Imagine how hateful a person you must be to justify snatching children from their parents just because they committed the terrible crime of seeking a better life.
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 23:22
    If the parents decide to sell heroin with the hope of making lots of money, for a better life, is that okay too?

Which laws are okay for parents to break?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 23:30
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    If the parents decide to sell heroin with the hope of making lots of money, for a better life, is that okay too?

Which laws are okay for parents to break?
    There's this feature of the website, called 'Reply & QUOTE'.

Please use it so that we might know just whom you are talking to, before we call you an idiot.
  7. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 23:35
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    There's this feature of the website, called 'Reply & QUOTE'.

Please use it so that we might know just whom you are talking to, before we call you an idiot.
    The parents broke the law.

What part of that do you NOT understand?

My heroin selling hypothetical was to show the hypocrisy here.

P.S. I always use reply and quote....unless....the person's comment I am replying to was addressed to someone else, calling them an idiot.

Happy? 🙂
  8. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:191 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Imagine how hateful a person you must be to justify snatching children from their parents just because they committed the terrible crime of seeking a better life.
    Imagine what a deceitful, dishonest person you must be to twist what I said into a horrible straw man argument and attack my character with it.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:52
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Nearly 2,000 kids have been separated from their families by US
    at border control in the past 6 weeks, reflecting the new tougher
    border control.

Condemned by the UN these kids all go into care.
    What is that costing the US tax-payer?

Good old Mr Sessions justifies policy by quoting the bible!
    Thousands of children have been separated from their parents when the parents commit crimes. Its been that way since the founding of this country. Tip to you libs...your politicians are playing you for a fool and you are obediently following by posting things on message boards that make you look foolish.
  10. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:56
    When a parent commits a crime and goes to jail. Should the parent be released for the sake of the child that got separated?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 06:10
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Thousands of children have been separated from their parents when the parents commit crimes. Its been that way since the founding of this country. Tip to you libs...your politicians are playing you for a fool and you are obediently following by posting things on message boards that make you look foolish.
    This is a new policy.
    NEW
    Thanks to Trump.

Who is benefitting from this?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 11:13
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Imagine what a deceitful, dishonest person you must be to twist what I said into a horrible straw man argument and attack my character with it.
    If the shoe fits...
  13. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 13:40
    I really hate that those children are being detained separately from their parents. Unfortunately it's the law and that law needs to be changed!

In the mean time, just noting the facts, the kids would still be with their parents if their parents had not chosen to commit a felony and cross into a country's border without going through the proper chann ...[text shortened]... they don't--but the parents are the direct cause. The laws on the books are the indirect cause.
    Well put.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 14:131 edit
    In the mean time, just noting the facts, the kids would still be with their parents if their parents had not chosen to commit a felony and cross into a country's border without going through the proper channels.
    I have no problem the U.S. securing it's borders. The problem is that splitting up families is a deliberate action from the Trump administration, used as a deterrent for illegally crossing boarders. That's the issue

Imagine if the penalty for driving without a licence was the removal of your kids: would that be just?

You can read more here:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/us/politics/homeland-security-prosecute-undocumented-immigrants.html
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Imagine if the penalty for driving without a licence was the removal of your kids: would that be just?
    Yes it would be just to separate you from your kids had you done it enough to warrant incarceration. People who are incarcerated get separated from their kids all the time. And the two offenses are not equal anyway. Illegal immigration is a worse offense in my view, and warrants incarceration by its nature for public safety.

Also this is an important tactic to deter illegal immigration while we still do not have good control of the border. Why do you lefties always bitch about enforcing the law? If they don't like it there's a simple solution... don't come to the US illegally.