Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Oct '13 12:16
    I have immense difficulty in understanding why his performance was treated as some kind of hateful act, rather than a joke.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/26/tuffy-gessling-rodeo-clown_n_3818877.html
  2. 09 Oct '13 12:19
    old, i think we screamed at each other earlier on this subject.
  3. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Oct '13 12:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    old, i think we screamed at each other earlier on this subject.
    Did you reach any useful conclusions?
  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    09 Oct '13 12:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Did you reach any useful conclusions?
    I just did.
    Obama is not a rodeo clown.
    Comparing him to a clown is an insult to the clown.
    A rodeo clown actually is competent at doing his job and is useful.
  5. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    09 Oct '13 14:04
    I have immense difficulty in understanding why his performance was treated as some kind of hateful act, rather than a joke.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/26/tuffy-gessling-rodeo-clown_n_3818877.html
    Because in the United States, making fun of any liberal, or anyone who is nonwhite, for any reason, is akin to the opening ceremonies for the Right's gas chambers. It's ok to make fun of white people...but humor aimed at anyone else in this country is a grave injustice, racist, bigoted, pick your word. Victim politics.
  6. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Oct '13 14:07
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Because in the United States, making fun of any liberal, or anyone who is nonwhite, for any reason, is akin to the opening ceremonies for the Right's gas chambers. It's ok to make fun of white people...but humor aimed at anyone else in this country is a grave injustice, racist, bigoted, pick your word. Victim politics.
    It's irrational. I mean, it seems that making fun of presidents is a venerable rodeo clown tradition.
  7. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    09 Oct '13 14:15
    It's irrational. I mean, it seems that making fun of presidents is a venerable rodeo clown tradition.
    It absolutely is irrational. Yes.
  8. 09 Oct '13 14:17

It was treated by the media as offensive because it is A CRIME AGAINST NATURE to make fun of the Chosen One.
    Everybody knows it's only OK to make fun of white politicians, negroes are strictly off limits.
  9. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Oct '13 14:19
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    It absolutely is irrational. Yes.
    I expect irrationality from the mouth-breathing wing-nut contingent. Somehow this seems worse. Perhaps because the foes of laughter set themselves up as the custodians of rationality, yet signally fail to demonstrate it in practice.

What is the Democrat equivalent of Sarah Palin?
  10. 09 Oct '13 14:24 / 1 edit
    I expect irrationality from the mouth-breathing wing-nut contingent. Somehow this seems worse. Perhaps because the foes of laughter set themselves up as the custodians of rationality, yet signally fail to demonstrate it in practice.

Are you kidding?
    Nancy Pelosi.
    She's just an awful person.
    Why would you need to even ask?

Edit:
    My mistake. Pelosi is a horrible woman, no comparison to Ms. Palin.
  11. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Oct '13 14:32
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Are you kidding?
    Nancy Pelosi.
    She's just an awful person.
    Why would you need to even ask?

Edit:
    My mistake. Pelosi is a horrible woman, no comparison to Ms. Palin.
    I haven't really followed Nancy Pelosi. She didn't get as much attention internationally as Palin.
  12. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    09 Oct '13 14:37
    There is no such person.
  13. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    09 Oct '13 14:39 / 1 edit
    I expect irrationality from the mouth-breathing wing-nut contingent.
    Have you not seen on this board how often the right wingers get called racists by the left wingers for irrational reasons? It's the same thing.
  14. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Oct '13 14:40
    Have you not seen on this board how often the right wingers get called racists by the left wingers for irrational reasons? It's the same thing.
    True.
  15. 09 Oct '13 14:45
    For quite some time the Democrat/liberals have been winning any and all arguments by calling the other side racist or just insulting them and laughing, rather than by addressing the issues and winning arguments based on merit. It's sad that the American voters have fallen for it, but the media and libtard entertainers like John Stewart etc have gone along with it so what can we expect?