Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 11:39
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/24/after-sarah-sanders-booted-from-virginia-restaurant-eateries-with-same-name-feel-heat.html

Is this a good thing or bad thing? Should business owners refuse to give service to those they do not wish to serve?
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/24/after-sarah-sanders-booted-from-virginia-restaurant-eateries-with-same-name-feel-heat.html

Is this a good thing or bad thing? Should business owners refuse to give service to those they do not wish to serve?
    An interesting legal question, but 1 business owner refusing restaurant service in 1 restaurant is minor compared to another business owner insisting all Liberals to get out of an entire state, such as was done in Texas.

Cherry picking facts can be fun Whodey, but it doesn't make much sense. 😲

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article213508754.html
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 13:45

Your Supreme Court said it was okay to be bigoted, so why not?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 13:58
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Your Supreme Court said it was okay to be bigoted, so why not?
    Well there is denying service based upon hate, then there is denying service based upon religious conviction, then there is denying service for not being dressed appropriately, etc.

This particular instance is denying service based upon hate. Should they be allowed to do it?

I say yes. I would not want to be served by someone who would spit in my drinks and feed me God only knows what.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:06
    Well there is denying service based upon hate, then there is denying service based upon religious conviction, then there is denying service for not being dressed appropriately, etc.

This particular instance is denying service based upon hate. Should they be allowed to do it?

I say yes. I would not want to be served by someone who would spit in my drinks and feed me God only knows what.
    Why’s it based upon hate?
    If you can refuse gays, based on religious convictions, surely you can refuse republicans based on political convictions, humane convictions or rationality?
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:08
    I truly hope it gets down to left wingers refusing service to all republicans. Bring it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:19
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Why’s it based upon hate?
    If you can refuse gays, based on religious convictions, surely you can refuse republicans based on political convictions, humane convictions or rationality?
    You have a point, but with all the Left wingers out there saying they want to blow up the White House and murder Trump and have his son kidnapped and raped, I assumed it was based upon hate, but I admit I could be wrong.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:45
    You have a point, but with all the Left wingers out there saying they want to blow up the White House and murder Trump and have his son kidnapped and raped, I assumed it was based upon hate, but I admit I could be wrong.
    Yeah, that's what all the Left Wingers are saying.🙄🙄
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:541 edit

Again, YOUR Supreme Court said it was okay.

"BEST Supreme Court money can buy!"
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:561 edit

I don't know on what basis Sanders was refused service, but it's unclear to me whether it is legal to do so on the basis of someone's job and/or political beliefs.

EDIT: It seems she was merely "asked to leave" rather than outright denied service.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 14:57
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I truly hope it gets down to left wingers refusing service to all republicans. Bring it.
    We won’t.
    We just shag your wives. They love us lefties. Something to do with our tongues.
  12. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 15:08
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Again, YOUR Supreme Court said it was okay.

"BEST Supreme Court money can buy!"
    Oh I see. "Not my president." "Not my Supreme Court."
  13. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    EDIT: It seems she was merely "asked to leave" rather than outright denied service.
    Oh WELL then, that's totally cool. *eye roll*

A distinction without a difference.

I'll bet the same restaurant owner who kicked her out would be quick to say "Bake the cake, bigot.", to someone just trying to hold to their religious beliefs. Total hypocrisy.

The left has a problem with tolerance and just acting like adults.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 15:263 edits
    Originally posted by @sleepyguy
    Oh WELL then, that's totally cool. *eye roll*

A distinction without a difference.

I'll bet the same restaurant owner who kicked her out would be quick to say "Bake the cake, bigot.", to someone just trying to hold to their religious beliefs. Total hypocrisy.

The left has a problem with tolerance and just acting like adults.
    Stop taking my quotes out of context. I didn't say it was "totally cool"; the part of my post which you chose to leave out was pondering the legalities of the situation, not the "coolness" of it.

And if you want to play the "hypocrisy" game, it's already been pointed out that people who support denying services to gays are really hypocritical when they start advocating "tolerance" for themselves.

For what it's worth, IMO the restaurant should have just served Sanders.
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Stop taking my quotes out of context. I didn't say it was "totally cool"; the part of my post which you chose to leave out was pondering the legalities of the situation, not the "coolness" of it.

And if you want to play the "hypocrisy" game, it's already been pointed out that people who support denying services to gays are really hypocritical when th ...[text shortened]... nce" for themselves.

For what it's worth, IMO the restaurant should have just served Sanders.
    Yep. I got a little trigger happy there. I was wrong and I apologize.

I don't support denying service to anyone based on these "but my conscience" issues. But if we are to accept that the baker must bake the cake, then the restaurant can damn well serve people with opposing political beliefs.