Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 15:50
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/tillerson-never-considered-leaving-post-top-diplomat-150539985.html

Just to warn the public not to believe the lying press.

Pretty sad.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 16:37
    "Tillerson, however, didn't deny a story that he had called the president a 'moron'".
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 17:28
    Originally posted by @vivify
    "Tillerson, however, didn't deny a story that he had called the president a 'moron'".
    Yes, that has been the leading press story.

Meanwhile, the press won't say they are sorry for lying about saying Tillerson wanted to quit.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 17:39
    I'm sure everyone's tired of explaining to you the difference between a lie and a mistake.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 17:49
    I'm sure everyone's tired of explaining to you the difference between a lie and a mistake.
    Sure, if I make a mistake it is a lie and if the press tells a lie about Trump it is a mistake.

Thanks for that.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 17:51
    It's neither a lie nor a mistake to report that there are rumours Tillerson plans to resign. Besides, that he gives a press conference denying it doesn't mean he never considered it. All in all, another hypocritical storm in a teacup from our resident regular regurgitator of fake news and gossip stories.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 17:59
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    It's neither a lie nor a mistake to report that there are rumours Tillerson plans to resign. Besides, that he gives a press conference denying it doesn't mean he never considered it. All in all, another hypocritical storm in a teacup from our resident regular regurgitator of fake news and gossip stories.
    Reminds me of the press saying that Trump had a travel ban on Muslims

Yet another lie.....er.....um.....mistake.

Trouble is, I can make a mistake without effecting my livelihood and reputation, cuz it is not my profession to make sure that I'm presenting the facts correctly.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 18:12
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Reminds me of the press saying that Trump had a travel ban on Muslims

Yet another lie.....er.....um.....mistake.

Trouble is, I can make a mistake without effecting my livelihood and reputation, cuz it is not my profession to make sure that I'm presenting the facts correctly.
    Trump literally called for a Muslim ban during the campaign, and shortly after becoming president enacted a travel ban affecting only Muslim-majority countries. To call this ban a "Muslim ban" is a stretch of about the width of a graphene monolayer.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 18:40
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Trump literally called for a Muslim ban during the campaign, and shortly after becoming president enacted a travel ban affecting only Muslim-majority countries. To call this ban a "Muslim ban" is a stretch of about the width of a graphene monolayer.
    More lies.

But what do you expect from a bunch that sold the lies of Obamacare, only to never admit to those lies.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 18:44
    More lies.

But what do you expect from a bunch that sold the lies of Obamacare, only to never admit to those lies.
    I recommend you grab the nearest dictionary and look up the meaning of "lie."
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 18:58
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/03/new-analysis-backs-up-trumps-theory-about-the-medias-coverage-of-him/

President Donald Trump has argued since the beginning of his presidential campaign more than two years ago that the mainstream media are against him. A newly published analysis appears to confirm his suspicions.

What does it show?

According to an analysis from the Pew Research Center, only 5 percent of the media’s coverage of Trump in his opening 60 days in office was positive. An overwhelming 62 percent was negative, the survey said.

Pew’s analysis found that the media’s focus wasn’t on Trump’s policy or political ideology, but rather his character and leadership.

Pew analyzed left-leaning and right-leaning news websites, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, each network nightly news broadcast, PBS, NPR and talk radio shows to reach its conclusions. The center examined coverage from Jan. 21 to April 30.

How does Trump stack up with his predecessors?

On the other hand, former President Barack Obama had 42 percent positive coverage in 2009, while only 20 percent of coverage was negative.

George W. Bush in 2001 had 22 percent positive coverage and 28 percent negative coverage, while Bill Clinton in 1993 had 27 percent positive coverage and 28 negative coverage.

Coverage of Trump’s first 60 days delivered greater share of negative assessments than coverage of previous presidents

Is there corroboration?

Similar media studies have concluded similar results. A study from Harvard University earlier this year found that more than 90 percent of coverage at CNN, NBC and CBS of Trump’s first 100 days was negative.

It also found that more than 80 percent of coverage from leading national newspapers, such as the New York Times and the Washington Post, was negative of Trump during his opening 100 days.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 19:04
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/03/new-analysis-backs-up-trumps-theory-about-the-medias-coverage-of-him/

President Donald Trump has argued since the beginning of his presidential campaign more than two years ago that the mainstream media are against him. A newly published analysis appears to confirm his suspicions.

What does it show?

According ...[text shortened]... s the New York Times and the Washington Post, was negative of Trump during his opening 100 days.
    Over 90% of media reports say that water is wet, while less than 5% report that water is dry.