Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 22:351 edit
    European tariffs on Harley-Davidson bikes in response to Trumps tariffs have the obvious effect.

Harleys will now be made outside of the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44604280

Well played Sir!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 00:19
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    European tariffs on Harley-Davidson bikes in response to Trumps tariffs have the obvious effect.

Well played Sir!
    Every time a tax increases a Progressive angel gets their wings.

Why the long face?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 02:06
    Originally posted by @whodey

Why the long face?
    It's not a tax, it's a tariff.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 02:453 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    It's not a tax, it's a tariff.
    Tariffs are taxes Suzy.

Whodey economics 101

Trump economics 101, tariffs will make America great again as you pay higher prices for things............while tariffs from other countries are making you pay more for goods to get even with Trump.

Trump keeps babbling about "fair trade" like a poor demented liberal babbling about life not being fair.

Well guess what, nothing about life is fair children. In fact, what does fair mean exactly?
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 02:57
    Tariffs are taxes Suzy.

Whodey economics 101

Trump economics 101, tariffs will make America great again............while tariffs from other countries are making you pay more for goods to get even with Trump.

Trump keeps babbling about "fair trade" like a poor demented liberal babbling about life not being fair.

Well guess what, nothing about life is fair children. In fact, what does fair mean exactly?
    Mutually assured destruction. It's a Mexican standoff. All the governments will make their citizens pay more for goods, just to spite the opposing country's leader. No idea where this is going to lead us but Trump is apparently betting on America outlasting everyone else. I'm not sold on that.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 02:59
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Mutually assured destruction. It's a Mexican standoff. All the governments will make their citizens pay more for goods, just to spite the opposing country's leader. No idea where this is going to lead us but Trump is apparently betting on America outlasting everyone else. I'm not sold on that.
    He's a negotiator don't ya know.

He will negotiate the world into fairness.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 03:18

Why the long face?
    What long face?
    I don't care about US jobs.

I'm just pointing out the idiocy of Trump's policy.
    Whether you are right-wing, left-wing or down the middle you must see that it does not make sense.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:22
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

Well played Sir!
    He’s like a guy with his finger stuck in one hole of the dam.
  9. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:30
    He's a negotiator don't ya know.

He will negotiate the world into fairness.
    He’s a low-brow narcissistic man-child who hasn’t got the first clue about leadership, foreign policy, domestic policy, international economics, equality, race relations, neighbourly relations, diversity, the internet or hair style. The man is a ridiculous parody of himself, a cartoon character and every time he opens is silly little tweety-pie mouth he confirms his ignorance to the entire world.
  10. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 08:07
    Tariffs are taxes Suzy.

Whodey economics 101

Trump economics 101, tariffs will make America great again as you pay higher prices for things............while tariffs from other countries are making you pay more for goods to get even with Trump.

Whodey - who do you think will end up paying for the tariffs (and possible trade wars)?

HINT: It won't be the corporations.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 02:271 edit
    Originally posted by @lundos
    Whodey - who do you think will end up paying for the tariffs (and possible trade wars)?

HINT: It won't be the corporations.
    Do you not understand sarcasm?

I am in no way supportive of the tariffs, much like I am not supportive of his spending and lack of commitment to building his promised wall.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 02:30
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    He’s a low-brow narcissistic man-child who hasn’t got the first clue about leadership, foreign policy, domestic policy, international economics, equality, race relations, neighbourly relations, diversity, the internet or hair style. The man is a ridiculous parody of himself, a cartoon character and every time he opens is silly little tweety-pie mouth he confirms his ignorance to the entire world.
    I just love it as people like yourself try to demean Trump as an idiot but this supposed idiot beat Hillary who won a rigged primary against Bernie.

At least Trump understands how to use e-mail and seems to have made more head way with the economy and NK than those before him.

You do realize Hillary would have been a disaster, right?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 06:33
    I just love it as people like yourself try to demean Trump as an idiot but this supposed idiot beat Hillary who won a rigged primary against Bernie.

At least Trump understands how to use e-mail and seems to have made more head way with the economy and NK than those before him.

You do realize Hillary would have been a disaster, right?
    Hilary may have been a disaster ... but a different sort of disaster.

What you fail to see is that everything and I mean EVERYTHING
    Trump touches is a disaster. He is bad for the US, bad for the world,
    but most importantly (I think) he is bad for the position POTUS. He
    has brought the office into disrepute, the man has no class, no respect
    for what came before him and no care for anyone but himself.