Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Oct '16 05:10
    "Donald Trump Urges Terminally Ill To Hang On So They Can Vote For Him"

http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-urges-terminally-ill-hang-so-they-can-vote-him-506773

The potential Narcissist-in-Chief sinks to a new low, even for him.
  2. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    07 Oct '16 07:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne

http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-urges-terminally-ill-hang-so-they-can-vote-him-506773

Maybe he is the most disgusting candidate ever, and maybe not. Despite all the nasty and ugly things he has said about Women, Latinos, and Muslims many of these same people will still vote for him.
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Oct '16 12:53

Now it's making Nixon look good.
  4. 07 Oct '16 14:25 / 1 edit

The most disgusting candidate ever?

How about a candidate that first endorses Obamacare and then later comes out and says that it is a crazy scheme that is destroying the Middle Class without taking any responsibility for pushing it on the American people?

How about a candidate that lies with impunity about sending top secret e-mails and lying about how many servers she used and lies about being shot at overseas?

How about a candidate who had complete responsibility for the safety and welfare of servicemen overseas and then takes no responsibility whatsoever for their demise?

Yea, Trump is a pig, and a good friend of the Clintons who is probably throwing the election because Hillary rigs all her elections, you get that much.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Oct '16 14:36 / 1 edit

I'm disappointed. When I read the OP, I thought this was hilarious, and thought he was speaking directly to terminally ill people. This article is misleading.

Trump was just using hyperbolic statements. It would be like saying, "I don't care if it's the end of the world, go out and vote". Could we then say Trump is being insensitive toward victims of the apocalypse?

Trump is possibly the single worst major party nominee in U.S. history; a deplorable scumbag, liar, bigot...the works. But I don't get why this article feels a need to manufacture outrage against Trump when all you have to just wait a bit, and Trump will do it himself.

The Daily Show just had a piece on this idea a few days ago.
  6. 07 Oct '16 14:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now it's making Nixon look good.
    Presidents being impeached are a thing of the past.

Now they do as they please.
  7. 07 Oct '16 23:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mchill to Suzianne
    Maybe he is the most disgusting candidate ever, and maybe not. Despite all the nasty and ugly things he has said about
    Women, Latinos, and Muslims many of these same people will still vote for him.
    "...Women, Latinos, and Muslims *many* of these same people will still vote for him."
    --Mchill

Can Mchill quantify what he means by 'many'? 40%? 30%? What?

If only white men could vote, then they might prefer to vote for Hitler than for me.
    They could be at least certain that Hitler's a fellow white man who wants white men
    (at least some white men) to be politically and economically dominant in society.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Oct '16 23:48
    Originally posted by mchill
    Maybe he is the most disgusting candidate ever, and maybe not. Despite all the nasty and ugly things he has said about Women, Latinos, and Muslims many of these same people will still vote for him.
    I suppose this is the same as the middle-class continuing to vote Republican, the party that has done nothing for them but prey on them.
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Oct '16 23:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    The most disgusting candidate ever?

How about a candidate that first endorses Obamacare and then later comes out and says that it is a crazy scheme that is destroying the Middle Class without taking any responsibility for pushing it on the American people?

How about a candidate that lies with impunity about sending top secret e-mails and lying about how ...[text shortened]... who is probably throwing the election because Hillary rigs all her elections, you get that much.
    I don't know whodey. None of those candidates you speak of actually exist. You need to stop watching Sean Hannity.
  10. 07 Oct '16 23:57
    And Killary buys 63k worth of ads to put on the weather channel because she knows everybody's watching hurricane Matthew. And also says hurricans are manmade. Gimme a freaking break. You read the new email leaks as to what she thinks of the peons?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Oct '16 00:16 / 1 edit
    "Grab them by the p[ussy]. You can do anything.[if you are a "star"]

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/trump-caught-video-making-lewd-crude-remarks-women-223812526.html

Yikes.

Be interesting to see how Donald "spins" that one at Sunday's debate.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Oct '16 03:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    "Grab them by the p[ussy]. You can do anything.[if you are a "star"]

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/trump-caught-video-making-lewd-crude-remarks-women-223812526.html

Yikes.

Be interesting to see how Donald "spins" that one at Sunday's debate.
    Here's his attempt to do so:

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago," Trump said in the statement. "Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-statement-audio-bill-clinton-women-2016-10

Double yikes; ending with a non-apology is really lame.

It seems that a joint appearance in Wisconsin with House Speaker Paul Ryan has been cancelled (for Trump anyway) and the parade of Republicans saying they are shocked, shocked! that the Donald would say something like this have begun AGAIN. These are about as convincing as Captain Renault's "discovery" that there was gambling going on at Rick's.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Oct '16 04:08
    I know that Trump is an unusual candidate and all the normal rules are supposedly out the window BUT:

Can a major party in the US in 2016 really continue to support a Presidential candidate who actually thinks and says he can grab a woman by the "pussy" because he thinks he is a "star"?
  14. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    08 Oct '16 05:03 / 1 edit
    Sunday's debate
  15. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    08 Oct '16 06:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I know that Trump is an unusual candidate and all the normal rules are supposedly out the window BUT:

Can a major party in the US in 2016 really continue to support a Presidential candidate who actually thinks and says he can grab a woman by the "pussy" because he thinks he is a "star"?
    But whodey says this is okay because we already knew he was disgusting.