Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 26 Feb '14 03:45
    I was reading that the US is threatening to withdraw all foreign aid to Uganda if it passed a bill that would sentence gays to death for being gay.

Too bad they are not a country like Saudia Arabia or the Sudan, or Yemen who also have similar laws. It sure sucks not being Muslim.
  2. 26 Feb '14 05:40
    This is a case of democracy being used where democracy should not be used. Democracy should never be used where the decision being made only affects a certain portion of the population.
    So for example decisions about what to do with foreigners, prisoners, particular ethnic groups etc should never be handled democratically.
  3. 26 Feb '14 05:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Too bad they are not a country like Saudia Arabia ....
    The US gives aid to Saudi Arabia?
  4. 26 Feb '14 12:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This is a case of democracy being used where democracy should not be used. Democracy should never be used where the decision being made only affects a certain portion of the population.
    So for example decisions about what to do with foreigners, prisoners, particular ethnic groups etc should never be handled democratically.
    They must not have studied the rules for democracy handbook.

So as a democracy, what should we do about it? How should we impose our will on another democracy that don't play by our rules?
  5. 26 Feb '14 12:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The US gives aid to Saudi Arabia?
    In 2011, Anthony Weiner tried to pass a bill that would stop foreign aid to Saudia Arabia on the grounds that they export terrorists. Too bad he cared nothing about the gays.

Anthony is not the sharpest tack, in case anyone now wonders after his exploits on the internet. When Saudia Arabia tells the US to jump, Obama and company ask how high? It's all about the oil.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 Feb '14 20:12
    In Uganda the chimpanzees wield swords!

Richard Pryor did a funny Idi Amin slit.
  7. Standard member redbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    27 Feb '14 12:42
    I was reading that the US is threatening to withdraw all foreign aid to Uganda if it passed a bill that would sentence gays to death for being gay.

Too bad they are not a country like Saudia Arabia or the Sudan, or Yemen who also have similar laws. It sure sucks not being Muslim.
    Who is Uganda Bill and why is he on this gay killing spree we need Ben Dover & Phil McCrackin to sort this evil man out.
  8. Standard member redbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    27 Feb '14 13:12

I am not sure sucks is a word I would use in this debate.
  9. Standard member redbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    28 Feb '14 08:17
    WHO IS UGANDA BILL and why is he killing gay people.