Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 02:22
    Nine alleged members of a US Christian militia are charged with conspiring to kill police and wage war on the U.S.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/americas/8593975.stm

Are the actions and plans of this militia understandable to some small degree - at the very least philosophically - when one considers the direction the U.S. is headed?
  2. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    30 Mar '10 02:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are the actions and plans of this militia understandable to some small degree - at the very least philosophically - when one considers the direction the U.S. is headed?
    christian militia = oxymoron.

wageing war against society = terrorism
  3. 30 Mar '10 02:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Nine alleged members of a US Christian militia are charged with conspiring to kill police and wage war on the U.S.

Are the actions and plans of this militia understandable to some small degree - at the very least philosophically - when one considers the direction the U.S. is headed?[/b]
    The direction we are headed seems to change every other day.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 02:56
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    The direction we are headed seems to change every other day.
    Does that then perhaps - to some degree - explain the militia's frustrations and aspirations?
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    30 Mar '10 02:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Nine alleged members of a US Christian militia are charged with conspiring to kill police and wage war on the U.S.

Are the actions and plans of this militia understandable to some small degree - at the very least philosophically - when one considers the direction the U.S. is headed?[/b]
    Everything is understandable to some degree. I do not respect them for trying to murder police. Simply because they're Christian fanatics does not excuse them from murder.

So much for "the US is a Christian nation". Christians are turning into mirror images of Muslims with the terrorism, need to control the populace and fanaticism.
  6. 30 Mar '10 03:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does that then perhaps - to some degree - explain the militia's frustrations and aspirations?
    Hard to say what was on their minds.. remember John Malvo and his step-son,, what was on their minds while they were sniping folks from the trunk of their car?
    I suppose a wide array of problems could have set them in motion.... but I haven't read much on this yet.
  7. 30 Mar '10 03:02
    Originally posted by FMF

I suppose those who are insane get frustrated just like anyone else. All you can do is hope their not violent.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 03:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose those who are insane get frustrated just like anyone else. All you can do is hope their not violent.
    You expect the nine Christians to plead insanity?
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 03:42 / 1 edit
    I suppose those who are insane get frustrated just like anyone else.
    This is not an analysis that you offer for non-U.S. citizens who wage war on the U.S. And you refraining from calling the 9 Christians "evil" is interesting too. It's as if usually you cannot mention terrorism without referring to evil. Usually in the same sentence. In this case, that's not so.

Furthermore, I've no recollection of you making foggy excuses for non-U.S. citizens who wage war on the U.S. by citing how they may have got "frustrated" or that their anger is in any way whatsoever "like anyone else's".

I expected you to be far more circumspect whodey, but, in fact it seems you are trying to send a teeny weeny sympathetic signal.

But fair enough. I started this thread to allow people to reveal their true colours, as Hugh has done with his stumbling equivocal mumblings about the "wide array of problems could have set [the Christian terrorists] in motion."
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    30 Mar '10 03:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is not an analysis that you offer for non-U.S. citizens who wage war on the U.S. And you refraining from calling the 9 Christians "evil" is interesting too. It's as if usually you cannot mention terrorism without referring to evil. Usually in the same sentence. In this case, that's not so.

Furthermore, I've no recollection of you making foggy excuses fo ...[text shortened]...
    But fair enough. I started this thread to allow people to reveal their true colours.
    He called them insane. Perhaps he feels that is appropriate because there were only a few people involved, whereas with the non-U.S. citizesn in question, there are too many for insanity to explain.
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 03:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He called them insane.
    He also referred to them being "frustrated just like anyone else". Sounds to me like wee bit of leeway for these terrorists due to an overlapping agenda.
  12. 30 Mar '10 04:00
    Originally posted by FMF

Furthermore, I've no recollection of you making foggy excuses fo ...[text shortened]... ut the "wide array of problems could have set [the Christian terrorists] in motion."
    I have no sympathy for these people, they are evil.
  13. 30 Mar '10 04:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    He also referred to them being "frustrated just like anyone else". Sounds to me like wee bit of leeway for these terrorists due to an overlapping agenda.
    My point being is that everyone gets frustrated, but not everyone kills when they do. In fact, most do not. This is what seperates the evil and the good.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 04:01
    I have no sympathy for these people, they are evil.
    Thanks. We dragged it out of you eventually.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    30 Mar '10 04:03
    My point being is that everyone gets frustrated, but not everyone kills when they do. In fact, most do not. This is what seperates the evil and the good.
    How interesting. This is the first time you've come out with this kind of take on terrorism. Perhaps it's because these are American terrorists.