Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 08 Aug '13 04:26
    In terms of ideology, what does the GOP in Congress stand for today? Is it raising the debt ceiling again? Is it to make illegals legal? Is it to fund Obamacare? What exactly do they stand for?
  2. 08 Aug '13 07:21
    I think it stands for Grand Old Party. Though someone once told me it stood for Guardians Of Plutocracy.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    08 Aug '13 07:41
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    I think it stands for Grand Old Party. Though someone once told me it stood for Guardians Of Plutocracy.
    Grumpy old protestants
  4. 08 Aug '13 18:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    In terms of ideology, what does the GOP in Congress stand for today? Is it raising the debt ceiling again? Is it to make illegals legal? Is it to fund Obamacare? What exactly do they stand for?
    They stand up for advancing the agenda of those who gave them the money to get elected. The same is true for the Democrats.

    There is no real choice.
  5. 08 Aug '13 19:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    They stand up for advancing the agenda of those who gave them the money to get elected. The same is true for the Democrats.

    There is no real choice.
    It strikes me that some here drink the cool aid of the DNC and swear by them, but there are none from the RNC.

    By in large, the propaganda by the DNC seems to be much more effective. At least when you vote democrat, you basically know that you are voting for fascism in the form of a more centralize government. Those that vote RNC, however, what are they thinking?

    Perhaps there are none here who do vote RNC, except maybe sh76
  6. 08 Aug '13 19:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    It strikes me that some here drink the cool aid of the DNC and swear by them, but there are none from the RNC.

    By in large, the propaganda by the DNC seems to be much more effective. At least when you vote democrat, you basically know that you are voting for fascism in the form of a more centralize government. Those that vote RNC, however, what are they thinking?

    Perhaps there are none here who do vote RNC, except maybe sh76
    Yeah, you'd have to be a Rino (or if you like socially liberal republican) to go with the RNC. All they care about is getting tax cuts for the rich. Anything beyond that is simply smoke and mirrors to get re-elected.

    From what I've seen sh76 fits in that model.
  7. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    08 Aug '13 20:31
    G.O.P = "Going On Principles"


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    Yeah, no.
  8. 08 Aug '13 20:57
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    G.O.P = "Going On Principles"


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    Yeah, no.
    I think GOP now means, "Get out of Politics".

    They have no more friends from the right or left. Everyone hates them and for good reason.

    So is one party rule good for America? It has not seem to have been over the years, that's for sure.
  9. 08 Aug '13 21:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think GOP now means, "Get out of Politics".

    They have no more friends from the right or left. Everyone hates them and for good reason.

    So is one party rule good for America? It has not seem to have been over the years, that's for sure.
    How did they get a majority in the House if everyone hates them?
  10. 08 Aug '13 22:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra to whodey
    How did they get a majority in the House if everyone hates them?
    In order to preempt another 'strawman' from KazetNagorra, I disagree
    with Whodey's claim that 'everyone hates' the US Republican Party.
    Presumably, most members of the GOP don't hate their own party.

    Can KazetNagorra understand the concept of 'gerrymandering'?
    Both Democrats and Republicans have practised it, but the latter party
    seems more successful at it (Republican writers here may disagree).
  11. 08 Aug '13 23:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think GOP now means, "Get out of Politics".

    They have no more friends from the right or left. Everyone hates them and for good reason.

    So is one party rule good for America? It has not seem to have been over the years, that's for sure.
    How about "good old pandering"? All politicians do that though.
  12. 09 Aug '13 01:19
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How did they get a majority in the House if everyone hates them?
    Essentially they took over in 2010 after Obamacare was passed since democrats decided it better to fall on their swords than not pass it.

    Subsequently, the GOP caved on the debt ceiling and just have sat on their hands for the most part while arguing about letting illegals become citizens and what other DNC positions to adopt.

    I can't handle the likes of Boehner crying like a baby anymore with the tag "conservative" by his name. It is false advertisement at best and the best means of demonizing the term, much like "W" did.
  13. 09 Aug '13 01:21 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    How about "good old pandering"? All politicians do that though.
    The political system is designed to cultivate collectivism.

    The freedoms achieved by the American Revolution could never have been obtained by the political process.

    To drive home the point, shortly after the Revolution Adams and company instituted the Sedition laws, which prohibited free speech. Luckily, we had Jefferson to fight it and remove it, but it simply illustrates the never ending bombard of legislation that follows to enslave us once again.

    As Bin Laden once said, I can fail a million times but only need to succeed once.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    09 Aug '13 01:31
    Grossly overpaid politicians
  15. 09 Aug '13 07:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    In terms of ideology, what does the GOP in Congress stand for today? Is it raising the debt ceiling again? Is it to make illegals legal? Is it to fund Obamacare? What exactly do they stand for?
    Currently at the national level, the GOP stands for losers. The GOP has lost the popular vote in the last 5 of 6 Presidential elections, and that trend will surely continue. The party of angry white men and religious fundamentalists has become a dinosaur.