Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 May '13 15:16
    So, a friend of mine who is crazy as a loon but is nonetheless well-connected in the American government has been ranting on and on about the Rothschild family. You always hear about these people, but they're never in the news in any substantive way. For the uninitiated, the backstory: once upon a time, Baron von Rothschild made boatloads of money as a banker, and then sent his five sons to the five most important centers of finance and industry in Europe in time, who, in turn, established central banks in their new homes. One side of the Rothschild family financed England in its war against France, the other side financed France; you get the picture. Real masters-of-the-universe types. Now, if you listen to my nutty friend, this one family controls half the world's wealth.

Who are these cats? What do they like to do, what are their hobbies? Where do they hang out? Anybody else heard of this particular brand of world domination? Are they cool cats? Are they not-so-cool cats?
  2. 24 May '13 15:21
    Your nutty friend is wrong. No one controls half the world's wealth.
  3. 24 May '13 15:55
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    So, a friend of mine who is crazy as a loon but is nonetheless well-connected in the American government has been ranting on and on about the Rothschild family. You always hear about these people, but they're never in the news in any substantive way. For the uninitiated, the backstory: once upon a time, Baron von Rothschild made boatloads of money as ...[text shortened]... of this particular brand of world domination? Are they cool cats? Are they not-so-cool cats?
    First you must understand their pedigree. Read this article and then we will talk.

http://discovermagazine.com/2003/aug/featkiss#.UZ-NGW3GCkw
  4. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 May '13 16:14
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    First you must understand their pedigree. Read this article and then we will talk.

http://discovermagazine.com/2003/aug/featkiss#.UZ-NGW3GCkw
    Yeah yeah. I knew about that...
  5. 24 May '13 17:38
    So, a friend of mine who is crazy as a loon but is nonetheless well-connected in the American government has been ranting on and on about the Rothschild family. You always hear about these people, but they're never in the news in any substantive way. For the uninitiated, the backstory: once upon a time, Baron von Rothschild made boatloads of money as ...[text shortened]... of this particular brand of world domination? Are they cool cats? Are they not-so-cool cats?
    One of the big 13 families that are at the head of the NWO. Yes they have used war for their financial gain. That is why a NWO is destined to be hell on earth with these types at the helm.
  6. 24 May '13 19:11
    "...to my nutty friend, this one family controls half the world's wealth."
    --Sasquatch672

There long has been propaganda (including by the Nazis and Henry Ford)
    against the supposedly dominant 'Jewish international financial interests'.

By the way, Emma Rothschild, a British economic historian, is married to
    Amartya Sen, an Indian who has won the Nobel Prize in economics.
    They tend to 'hang out' together now at Harvard University.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 May '13 19:12
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "...to my nutty friend, this one family controls half the world's wealth."
    --Sasquatch672

There long has been propaganda (including by the Nazis and Henry Ford)
    against the supposedly dominant 'Jewish international financial interests'.

By the way, Emma Rothschild, a British economic historian, is married to
    Amartya Sen, an Indian who has won the Nobel Prize in economics.
    They tend to 'hang out' together now at Harvard University.
    Well, it can hardly be argued that the Rothschilds are very wealthy and very powerful. Can it?
  8. 24 May '13 19:20
    Well, it can hardly be argued that the Rothschilds are very wealthy and very powerful. Can it?
    During the Napoleonic Wars, the Rothschilds were very wealthy and
    very powerful. Now the Rothschilds are still wealthy but less powerful.
    My point is that some people, apparently motivated by anti-Semitism,
    have tended to exaggerate the Rothschilds' power in the 20th century.

For whatever it's worth, Niall Ferguson (a right-wing British historian)
    has written two books on _The House of Rothschild_.
  9. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 May '13 19:28
    During the Napoleonic Wars, the Rothschilds were very wealthy and
    very powerful. Now the Rothschilds are still wealthy but less powerful.
    My point is that some people, apparently motivated by anti-Semitism,
    have tended to exaggerate the Rothschilds' power in the 20th century.

For whatever it's worth, Niall Ferguson (a right-wing British historian)
    has written two books on _The House of Rothschild_.
    OK...I wasn't aware of the anti-Semitic nature any of the Rothschild stories...the bit of it that I've read seems more motivated by a desire to fill in a vacuum regarding the combined mystiques of vast wealth and secrecy. I didn't think for a moment about anti-Semitism.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    24 May '13 19:29 / 2 edits
    Sounds like Kosher Nostra types

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdcOyu1SZds

I smoke weed religiously but I ain't no Rasta
    I'm straight Mafia but I don't like pasta
    I "bring home the bacon" but I don't eat pork
    I'm Kosher Nostra for life
    I'm straight outta Jew York!
  11. 24 May '13 19:53
    OK...I wasn't aware of the anti-Semitic nature any of the Rothschild stories...the bit of it that I've read seems more motivated by a desire to fill in a vacuum regarding the combined mystiques of vast wealth and secrecy. I didn't think for a moment about anti-Semitism.
    I assumed that it was well-known that Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    (1744-1812), who founded the family business, was a German Jew.

There's a legend that Nathan Mayer Rothschild used his early knowledge
    of the Battle of Waterloo's outcome in order to provoke a panic on the
    London stock exchange and thereby reap a 'windfall' fortune.
    While the Rothschild family did make lavish profits through supporting
    the British during the Napoleonic Wars, this accusation seems unfair
    and originally motivated by anti-Semitism in 19th century France.
  12. 24 May '13 23:21
    Being critical of the Rothschild family is not Anti-Semitic. The Rothschilds like to hide behind the ADL.
    Check out NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY. It doesn't contain Anti-Semitic nonsense like the elites would like people to fall for.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html
  13. 24 May '13 23:32
    The anti-Semitic touch is designed to get you to dismiss the whole idea. I don't know if the story has legs, but it bears keeping vigilant.
  14. 24 May '13 23:41
    I assumed that it was well-known that Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    (1744-1812), who founded the family business, was a German Jew.

There's a legend that Nathan Mayer Rothschild used his early knowledge
    of the Battle of Waterloo's outcome in order to provoke a panic on the
    London stock exchange and thereby reap a 'windfall' fortune.
    While the Rothschild ...[text shortened]... s accusation seems unfair
    and originally motivated by anti-Semitism in 19th century France.
    That a person is Jewish and criticized is not evidence of antisemitism.v Accusations of racism are a longstanding method of derailing arguments with non arguments.

I would not judge the ambitions of a family, or whether those ambitions of the past are still valid today.
  15. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    25 May '13 00:58
    So, a friend of mine who is crazy as a loon but is nonetheless well-connected in the American government has been ranting on and on about the Rothschild family. Real masters-of-the-universe types. Now, if you listen to my nutty friend, this one family controls half the world's wealth.
    Who are these cats? What do they like to do, what are their hob ...[text shortened]... of this particular brand of world domination? Are they cool cats? Are they not-so-cool cats?
    40 years ago the USSR began flooding the market with gold and the Rothschild's helped keep the world's economies from collapse by purchasing much of it. See "Nixon's Gold Speech" from this era.