Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 22:08
    I've been observing this trend for sometime, back in my teen years (late seventies) black jeans were a little edgy, black jeans and a black t-shirt were down right subversive. Now everyone's doing it, the old biddy serving at the local cafe, head to toe in black, young, old, fatties, gimps, major fast food franchises dabble in it...

Recently moved to Melbourne, and it's pretty bad here. Then it happened, the blacked out family, husband, wife, the two kiddies, the god damn kids, a couple of little cutie blondies with every item of clothing totally black, getting into a a black 4x4 with black tinted windows. That was six months ago, and that sight caused me to have some strong thoughts on the subject, and you know what? despite my strong thoughts people are still wearing too much black.

Do you wear too much black? Does your philosophy and politics influence too much black. (Victotia is notoriously left whinger country, with militant industry destroying unionism) Time to shame the every emo.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 22:19
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I've been observing this trend for sometime, back in my teen years (late seventies) black jeans were a little edgy, black jeans and a black t-shirt were down right subversive. Now everyone's doing it, the old biddy serving at the local cafe, head to toe in black, young, old, fatties, gimps, major fast food franchises dabble in it...

Recently moved to Melb ...[text shortened]... y left whinger country, with militant industry destroying unionism) Time to shame the every emo.
    The movie Grease must have just made it to you guys. I can see it, Olivia Newton John and all.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 23:161 edit

Recently moved to Melb ...[text shortened]... y left whinger country, with militant industry destroying unionism) Time to shame the every emo.
    The government must put an end to all this black cuz we depend on them to fix everything..

How about paying a fine? 😛
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 03:31
    The influence of the Dark Side?
  5. Stargazing
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 03:502 edits

It's similar to wearing too much white (pale shades) which was, and to some extent still is, prevalent in marketing/advertising. For example, where the good looking family with 2 kids are photographed with joy on their faces, white jeans turned up, Dad had youngest (a boy approx 5 years) on his shoulders, Mum has the other (girl approx 8) hand-in-hand between herself and Dad as they splash ankle-deep in the sea, carelessly enjoying life on their cheapo-holiday.

Or same people scenario, transposed to the home where they are all piled on the sofa looking gleefully at a pristine Apple laptop, which presumably is showing a loan website page with the pop-up "loan approved".

Nauseating.
  6. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 04:21

All people south of the border wear black cos they're bogans.
  7. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 05:08

Too much black?? I wouldn't worry about it. 10 years from now people will be wearing too much avocado.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 08:50

What would you rather see?

Robe and hood white?
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 08:52
    Black makes you look thinner.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 08:53
    (Victotia is notoriously left whinger country, with militant industry destroying unionism)
    "militant, industry-destroying unionism"

Hysterical.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What would you rather see?

Robe and hood white?
    Hawaiian shirts at funerals.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:30
    So that's why Trump won!
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So that's why Trump won!
    You're right, there aren't enough Trump threads.