Americans, Brits & Food

Americans, Brits & Food

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Nov 11
2 edits

Originally posted by shahenshah
@ Robbie - No reply to my post. I don't know what the word "spanky" means but I guess it is something like "Smart Alec". I really had been waiting to use it somewhere. I guess I may have offended you with it. I am sorry and I apologise for it and the MacGregor remark.... I really would never do such a thing.. 🙁
actually my friend it was trev33 that stated it should be part of Pakistan, not me. I
think it should be autonomous. But as you are aware no offence has occurred and
none is likely to be taken. No worries.

Spanky i think is just a generic term, i have really no idea what it means.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually my friend it was trev33 that stated it should be part of Pakistan, not me. I
think it should be autonomous. But as you are aware no offence has occurred and
none is likely to be taken. No worries.

Spanky i think is just a generic term, i have really no idea what it means.
So you don't mind him calling you "Spanky" when he feels like using it?

rc

Moves
30 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
So you don't mind him calling you "Spanky" when he feels like using it?
Sure he is free to call me anything he likes.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Nov 11

Sure he is free to call me anything he likes.
That's funny. I'm sure that doesn't apply to me. 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Nov 11

I didn't know that about the death rates...stands to reason though. The helmet law is applicable in some states but not all. It was enacted in the state where I live and the cops enforced it for a month or two. They did it for numbers too (but a different number, called a bribe 😉. I live just near the border of the states, so there is a lot of traffi ...[text shortened]... the "gadgetiness" of it.

What is your appearance like, that it makes the cops suspicious?
My unconformity to societies dress standards mainly. Thing is, down in Melbourne I'm just a regular "punter" . Thats how the police see me down there. Up here I am treated as a hardenned criminal and have a criminal history to go with it.
My criminal history consists of 7 or eight marijuana charges where not one of those charges was even one gram! Yeah, I'm a real criminal 😛 You should also note that for those 7 or 8 busts I had been searched and hassled over 100 times. Oh I have one charge for "resisting arrest" . Thats when the head police guy slammed by head into a brick wall while the other two kicked me in behind my knees so that I would go down immediately. Thing is, I was totally complying with them. All I was guilty of was being drunk. I think they were jealous.("How can this guy just walk around with his guitar, enjoying himself like that while we have to walk around and act like police?"..or something like that.)

Queensland has always been like that. Down in murwillumbah, just 30km from the Queensland border I had cops some through my place where they saw nearly an ounce of dope on my table. They just said "we see that everywhere. We're not going to bust you for that". Wow!! what a difference 30km makes!!

I dont really like motorbikes but every now and then I wish I could just jump on one and take off like a ....I dunno. Like someone cool 🙂

Cops are corrupt everywhere. Sport is rigged. Thats just the way life is...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Nov 11

Oh heck, Robbie should be way down on your list of people to apologize to.

why Karoly, why do you do it, every time someone demonstrates the least sensitivity
towards me you quash it like a bothersome fly that wants to supp your last drop of
Chardonnay. The day i strive for winning admiration will be a sad day indeed, as
someone said, to be truly popular, you need to be a mediocrity.
You know why I made that comment.
And if you dont then...well you do.

Did I offend you in some way? was it not accurate that you should be in the lower half of people to apologize to?
After all, i dont know of any else that makes it a policy to come up with the most interesting insults towards other posters. "Zoob" is a particular fave of mine 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You know why I made that comment.
And if you dont then...well you do.

Did I offend you in some way? was it not accurate that you should be in the lower half of people to apologize to?
After all, i dont know of any else that makes it a policy to come up with the most interesting insults towards other posters. "Zoob" is a particular fave of mine 😉
shahenshah likes "spanky". I used it later against googlefudge.

Moves
30 Nov 11

shahenshah likes "spanky". I used it later against googlefudge.
Who doesn't like it, but puts it down to RJHinds folksy 'Hick' nature and ignored it in the sea of inanities RJHinds usually spouts.

s

Moves
01 Dec 11
1 edit

My unconformity to societies dress standards mainly. Thing is, down in Melbourne I'm just a regular "punter" . Thats how the police see me down there. Up here I am treated as a hardenned criminal and have a criminal history to go with it.
My criminal history consists of 7 or eight marijuana charges where not one of those charges was even one gram! Yeah, I'm a cool 🙂

Cops are corrupt everywhere. Sport is rigged. Thats just the way life is..
@ Karoly, Well that is an unusual background.

In todays's fast-paced world, people often just judge by appearances.... there is just no time to second-guess.

Riding the bike is the only time I feel free and I like the danger of it. 🙂

s

Moves
01 Dec 11
1 edit

Not necessarily, one of my exes used to make Indian curries as authentic as they come. .... She used to cook every night
And you let her go?! 🙄

When things were at their worst with me, I had to eat left over in the fridge, stuff with fungus topping!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11

And you let her go?! 🙄

When things were at their worst with me, I had to eat left over in the fridge, stuff with fungus topping!
Sounds like a throw-up party. 😉

s

Moves
02 Dec 11

Sounds like a throw-up party. 😉
Yes, I had to throw the old food away! 🙂

rc

Moves
03 Dec 11

My criminal history consists of 7 or eight marijuana charges where not one of those charges was even one gram! Yeah ...[text shortened]... ool 🙂

Cops are corrupt everywhere. Sport is rigged. Thats just the way life is...
before I was a Witness i got busted many times , but once for having a minuscule bit of
weed on me, i went to court and pleaded guilty and when the judge heard how small
the amount was, he chastised the police for wasting the courts time and admonished
me, without charge! I walked across the Clyde bridge and lit a reefer in his honour!

Moves
03 Dec 11

Ironically, I have no moral issues with taking recreational drugs (note taking the drugs, if you take into account
the effects of buying them from illegal sources and all that goes with that it's a different story) and yet unlike
so many of the 'holy' people here I don't drink (alcohol), don't smoke, don't take recreational drugs, have never done so,
and don't have any desire to try them.

Mainly cos I just don't see the point, I don't need them. Plus various health side effects.

Interesting that here I am as an atheist with (according to some) nothing holding me back from being primitive
and evil, and hedonistic partying... And I would bet (if I did such a thing) that I am one of the most strait laced
people here.

Not to say I don't know how to have fun or party, (no way I care to entertain of demonstrating this over the internets)
But all those people saying you need god to keep you on the strait and narrow and restrain you are talking total bunk.

rc

Moves
03 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Ironically, I have no moral issues with taking recreational drugs (note taking the drugs, if you take into account
the effects of buying them from illegal sources and all that goes with that it's a different story) and yet unlike
so many of the 'holy' people here I don't drink (alcohol), don't smoke, don't take recreational drugs, have never done so, need god to keep you on the strait and narrow and restrain you are talking total bunk.
(Matthew 9:12-13) . . .“Persons in health do not need a physician, but the ailing do.
 Go, then, and learn what this means, ‘I want mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came to
call, not righteous people, but sinners.”

🙂