Americans, Brits & Food

Americans, Brits & Food

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
In what way is a caste 'backward'. And by what authority do you call an entire caste backward?
There is a schedule in the Constitution of India which defines certain castes and tribes as being backward. A positive discrimination in their favour is laid down in the Constitution and the government rules. Backwardness is defined by birth in a particular caste/tribe. And not by income of the family one is born into. I, rvsakhadeo is not authorised to brand anyone on my own. This branding is already done by the state. People vie with each other to be counted among the backward classes.There are regular agitations of various castes to be included in the schedule.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
There is a schedule in the Constitution of India which defines certain castes and tribes as being backward. A positive discrimination in their favour is laid down in the Constitution and the government rules. Backwardness is defined by birth in a particular caste/tribe. And not by income of the family one is born into. I, rvsakhadeo is not authorised to b ...[text shortened]... backward classes.There are regular agitations of various castes to be included in the schedule.
So your so-called superior spirituality extends no further than the biased and prejudiced classifications of fallible and evil men.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11

So your so-called superior spirituality extends no further than the biased and prejudiced classifications of fallible and evil men.
Do not quite get you. Please clarify.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 11

Do not quite get you. Please clarify.
You claimed in earlier posts that you are a very religious/spiritual person. Yet you perpetrate the injustices of the caste system. A truly spiritual person would see all men as being equal [as God would]. The mere label of 'backward ' is an insult.

The reason for your present dilemma is that your fore-fathers discriminated against what they call 'backward' castes. Now because of govt intervention the wheels of justice have turned against you. To me, justice is now served. But clearly you think yourself superior to other castes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by Trev33
LOL and now the personal attacks begin. When you're pushed into a corner by your lack of knowledge come out punching with childish name calling, classy,

Do you know what the difference is between you and i? I'm neutral and able to comprehend the various possibilities within your culture with an open mind while you're blinded by your faith and love for you ...[text shortened]... Winner of the most ignorant statement of the year award, congratulations.
Here is one small example of what happens in the East Indian culture.

I have a close friend who died a couple weeks ago at 55. He operated a petrol station which was owned by his father who gave it to him 30 years ago. The father took it back from the grieving family and gave it to another son, leaving the bereaved family in financial distress. The widow, cannot eat meat, due to almost continuous prayers/fasting etc, and nourish herself properly but eats vegetarian food lacking in proteins. She has shrunken to half her size, and now faces health issues associated with malnutrition. The family was advised that they cannot proceed with any building and other major work as they have to wait one year as a sign of mourning.

In east indian culture, sons come first, and inherits the lions share of the family's wealth. Eating meat is considered sinful. The dead are given more consideration than the living.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11
1 edit

You claimed in earlier posts that you are a very religious/spiritual person. Yet you perpetrate the injustices of the caste system. A truly spiritual person would see all men as being equal [as God would]. The mere label of 'backward ' is an insult.

The reason for your present dilemma is that your fore-fathers discriminated against what they call 'backwa you. To me, justice is now served. But clearly you think yourself superior to other castes.
I am really at a loss as to how to reply to your post. Anyway I am giving it a try.
i) I did not claim that I am a very religious or spiritual person in my posts. All I did say was that I was a Sadhak of Bhakti Marg meaning that I am a practitioner of the path of Devotion to God. I am on the path of this practice of Devotion. But I am still a most ordinary human, for the reason that I have yet to reach my goal of realization of God. I am still full of the 6 foibles namely Desire for Carnal Pleasures, Anger,Greed, Stupidity,Egoism,Jealousy. I do hope and pray that a day will dawn when at least one of the foibles will weaken substantially.
ii) I treat everyone equally whether he is a Hindu or Muslim or Christian. I have many friends,close friends across the spectrum of Indian citizens including those born into castes described as backward by my Constitution and Government.
iii) It is not my crime to be born into a particular caste. I know my family history upto and including grandparents from both sides. And have heard stories about my great grandparents. By all accounts they were magnanimous and generous people who did not entertain any thoughts or did any thing which could be described as injustice to others. But you seem to know about my forefathers. Really ?
iv) An injustice is an injustice whichever way you look at it. So if I felt bad that I lost out on promotion, please do excuse me,as I am still a fallible person.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 11

I am really at a loss as to how to reply to your post. Anyway I am giving it a try.
i) I did not claim that I am a very religious or spiritual person in my posts. All I did say was that I was a Sadhak of Bhakti Marg meaning that I am a practitioner of the path of Devotion to God. I am on the path of this practice of Devotion. But I am still a most ordin ...[text shortened]... if I felt bad that I lost out on promotion, please do excuse me,as I am still a fallible person.
I know about the caste system. I am from the low end or 'backward' as you call it. You are a Brahmin. I know of how the higher castes treated the lower castes. I despise East Indian culture and it needs to be eradicated.

By the way just about everything in your post has a rather shallow air of superiority and condescension to it. Quite likely you don't even know you are doing it. Its built into your personality.

s

Moves
30 Nov 11

Originally posted by shahenshah
@ Robbie.... "it's pretty clear Kashmir should be part of Pakistan " ..... Really McSpanky ( sorry Robbie, but I've been waiting so long to use your "spanky" word against someone else and when I finally got the chance ... it is against you!). Are you serious or was this just to goad the Indian fellow?
@ Trev - I plan to take a trip abroad next year a ...[text shortened]... eturns back to his country, he turns overnight into the same fellow that he was before 😀
@ Robbie - No reply to my post. I don't know what the word "spanky" means but I guess it is something like "Smart Alec". I really had been waiting to use it somewhere. I guess I may have offended you with it. I am sorry and I apologise for it and the MacGregor remark.... I really would never do such a thing.. 🙁

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Nov 11
1 edit

@ Robbie - No reply to my post. I don't know what the word "spanky" means but I guess it is something like "Smart Alec". I really had been waiting to use it somewhere. I guess I may have offended you with it. I am sorry and I apologise for it and the MacGregor remark.... I really would never do such a thing.. 🙁
Oh heck, Robbie should be way down on your list of people to apologize to.
I'm a bit miffed about why they say "spanky" so much around here, but I reckon you're right ,(that it means something like "smart alec" ).

Of course you may want to apologize for your own personal reasons, which i totally understand. But I "wouldn't lose any sleep" over "insulting" Robbie. He has dished out more than his far share since I have been around.
(Of course Robbie, sometimes it is warranted and you have every right to call me "karoly poly", for example-actually I really dont take any offence, but it certainly doesn't win you any admiration on my part....but do as you please-as I'm sure you will 😀 )

s

Moves
30 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm a bit miffed about why they say "spanky" so much around here, but I reckon you're right ,(that it means something like "smart alec" ).

Of course you may want to apologize for your own personal reasons, which i totally understand. But I "wouldn't lose any sleep" over "ins n you any admiration on my part....but do as you please-as I'm sure you will 😀 )
Karoly - And you are second on my list of people to apologize to, today.

I realized last evening that my remark, about the Indian bashing and that you might have to bring a couple of friends, was a bit tasteless, rude, un-called for / nasty and maybe aggressive.... lost a little sleep over that.

I am sorry, Karoly, my abject apologies.🙁

Best regards,
Shahenshah

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Nov 11

Karoly - And you are second on my list of people to apologize to, today.

I realized last evening that my remark, about the Indian bashing and that you might have to bring a couple of friends, was a bit tasteless, rude, un-called for / nasty and maybe aggressive.... lost a little sleep over that.

I am sorry, Karoly, my abject apologies.🙁

Best regards,
Shahenshah
Oh gosh-you really are a sensitive "soul", aren't you?
There is absolutely no reason to apologize to me.
I have found your posts uplifting and a "breath of fresh air" (or even a "ray of sunshine on my otherwise cloudy day" ).

I do not know much about you (as you have left your profile blank,amongst other things), but I hold you in high regard for the posts that you have offered and also for this post that i am responding to. Thank you.I wish you well.

s

Moves
30 Nov 11

Oh gosh-you really are a sensitive "soul", aren't you?
There is absolutely no reason to apologize to me.
I have found your posts uplifting and a "breath of fresh air" (or even a "ray of sunshine on my otherwise cloudy day" ).

I do not know much about you (as you have left your profile blank,amongst other things), but I hold you in high regard fo ...[text shortened]... u have offered and also for this post that i am responding to. Thank you.I wish you well.
I am forgiven! Thank you 🙂

I thought I have put something in my profile, if not, I shall update it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Nov 11

I am forgiven! Thank you 🙂

I thought I have put something in my profile, if not, I shall update it.
Oh, so you have.

So you are a "biker" ,eh? Did you know that death rates from motorbike accidents are way more likely than from car crashes?
(I'm just making conversation here, feel free to take it where you want)

But I would like to know if wearing a helmet in your country is mandatory(as is in ours)?

(Then again they have taken it too far ,imo, (in australia here), where even children riding scooters along walkways need to wear helmets. Indeed I just got a fine of 150$ not a month ago (or so) for failing to wear a helmet on my bicycle. This is ridiculous,imo, because when I was 6 years old i used to ride through the heart of the city,(through red lights, down one way streets,etc.), without as much as a caution from the police. Now, I just ride down to the shop(corresponding with all the traffic guidelines), only to be "pulled over" and fined. Sometimes I think the police just have to "make up the numbers".) ( You see my appearance is somehow offensive to the police and every time they see me they nearly always pull me over and check my i.d. ,etc. It really is pathetic as I consider myself one of the more educated and law-abiding citizens in my area. They just judge me on my looks 😛 )

s

Moves
30 Nov 11

Oh, so you have.

So you are a "biker" ,eh? Did you know that death rates from motorbike accidents are way more likely than from car crashes?
(I'm just making conversation here, feel free to take it where you want)

But I would like to know if wearing a helmet in your country is mandatory(as is in ours)?

(Then again they have taken it too far , ...[text shortened]... he more educated and law-abiding citizens in my area. They just judge me on my looks 😛 )
I didn't know that about the death rates...stands to reason though. The helmet law is applicable in some states but not all. It was enacted in the state where I live and the cops enforced it for a month or two. They did it for numbers too (but a different number, called a bribe 😉. I live just near the border of the states, so there is a lot of trafficking of illegal booze. The cops rarely go to work, they get their pay-cut at their homes, there is more money in this than fining motorcyclists.

A little excessive, I think, to fine for a cycle.

I ride an old Enfield-Bullet (like a small cruiser), 71, 350 cc, weighs about 170-180kg. I love the "gadgetiness" of it.

What is your appearance like, that it makes the cops suspicious?

rc

Moves
30 Nov 11

Of course you may want to apologize for your own personal reasons, which i totally understand. But I "wouldn't lose any sleep" over "ins ...[text shortened]... n you any admiration on my part....but do as you please-as I'm sure you will 😀 )

why Karoly, why do you do it, every time someone demonstrates the least sensitivity
towards me you quash it like a bothersome fly that wants to supp your last drop of
Chardonnay. The day i strive for winning admiration will be a sad day indeed, as
someone said, to be truly popular, you need to be a mediocrity.