Energy for billions in hell for trillions of years?

Energy for billions in hell for trillions of years?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Dec 15

How much energy would it take to keep billions of sinners in hell burning for trillions of years and how much energy would be expended keeping people alive for trillions of years?

You would have to admit it would be for at least trillions of years, maybe quadrillions of years, right.

That's what forever and ever means as far as I know.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
How much energy would it take to keep billions of sinners in hell burning for trillions of years and how much energy would be expended keeping people alive for trillions of years?

You would have to admit it would be for at least trillions of years, maybe quadrillions of years, right.

Take it to the Science Forum, Spanky. 😠

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Take it to the Science Forum, Spanky. 😠
Ah, you mean your alleged lord doesn't use energy to burn those billions and billions of sinners for quadrillions of years? How does it manage that?

Glad to see I pisssed you off.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Dec 15

http://www.pinetree.net/humor/thermodynamics.html

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Dec 15

No not even close even trillions of years has an end that would some day hit.
So trillions of years times trillions of years, would leave you as many days to be there as
when you first began.

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
So trillions of years times trillions of years, would leave you as many days to be there as
when you first began.
Do you believe unbelievers are tortured in burning agony for eternity as revenge and punishment by your God figure?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Dec 15

when you first began.
You are making my argument for me. Suppose we know the universe will crash in whatever, a quadrillion years (thousand trillion years) and you know this supposed punishment goes on for trillions of trillions of trillions of years.

First off, what would be the point of this loving gracious god to do that in the first place and in the second place, it seems clear the punishment would take more energy than there is in our entire universe. Again, to what point?

I'll TELL you the point. There is no point since it is all man made bullshyte and should be recognized as such.

I don't know why people don't think through the implications of such a ridiculous circumstance as forever hell and damnation.

For one thing, you alleged god should be way above mere humans in intelligence, morality, grace, love and so forth.

So why would such a deity spend so much energy to keep sinners alive who are as much below this deity as we are above nemotodes?

It doesn't make sense on ANY level except one:

The desire, no, the imperitive, to control people since the whole despicable tale was made up ONLY by men because a deity would have much better use of the energy wasted in such an endeavor.

Like you or me having a nemotode colony and seeing some of them don't believe in humans and we then punish those nemotodes by burning them just enough to keep them alive and then burning them again and again till they believe.

That is about as much sense as this whole line of hell bullshyte makes to anyone of reasonable intelligence.

Or at least not so deeply brainwashed by all this utter rot they cannot escape with their minds left sane.

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

You are making my argument for me. Suppose we know the universe will crash in whatever, a quadrillion years (thousand trillion years) and you know this supposed punishment goes on for trillions of trillions of trillions of years.

First off, what would be the point of this loving gracious god to do that in the first place and in the second place, it seem ...[text shortened]... t not so deeply brainwashed by all this utter rot they cannot escape with their minds left sane.
From what I can make out from what some Christians here say, you are supposed to be deterred from saying ~ or even thinking ~ things like this by the threat of being tortured in burning agony for eternity.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Dec 15

The sun would be more than sufficient as an energy source to keep every human being that has ever lived burning. The sun is billions of years old and will continue for billions of years more. If you need more energy there are billions of stars in the galaxy and billions of galaxies. And whose to say that hell is in our galaxy? May its in a bigger galaxy.
Of course most rational theists would say that the whole 'burning' think is metaphorical and no actual combustion takes place. After all, if you think about it, somethings got to be different for you not to die after the first minute or so anyway.
If you are planning to go into the torture business, I would think that generating a burning sensation via the nerves would require far less energy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
The sun would be more than sufficient as an energy source to keep every human being that has ever lived burning. The sun is billions of years old and will continue for billions of years more. If you need more energy there are billions of stars in the galaxy and billions of galaxies. And whose to say that hell is in our galaxy? May its in a bigger galaxy. ...[text shortened]... I would think that generating a burning sensation via the nerves would require far less energy.
The people of the bible knew nothing of neuroscience and they were talking about literal burning, heat energy.

According to the bible, 'forever and ever' which to me means quadrillions of quadrillions of years punishment to billions and billions of people.

Even if you alloted say, 2 kw per person continuously applied, times multiple billions times quadrillions of quadrillions years, it would add up to more kilowatt hours than is generated in the entire universe.

That is my point. That the whole idea was never thought through, just bullshyte made up to scare kids and adults into submission.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
The sun would be more than sufficient as an energy source to keep every human being that has ever lived burning. The sun is billions of years old and will continue for billions of years more. If you need more energy there are billions of stars in the galaxy and billions of galaxies. And whose to say that hell is in our galaxy? May its in a bigger galaxy. ...[text shortened]... I would think that generating a burning sensation via the nerves would require far less energy.
Of course sonship's sect believe that the woe of those hung in chains of eternal punishment is a warning to those on other worlds, and therefore those on other worlds will be able to witness the eternal burning. How this is going to occur remains to be seen, however I presume there will be some sort of protection for their eyes or maybe a reflective mechanism of some sort; a bit like this - at 3:20

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/295825/Forbidden-Planet-Movie-Clip-Face-Of-The-Gorgon.html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Of course sonship's sect believe that the woe of those hung in chains of eternal punishment is a warning to those on other worlds, and therefore those on other worlds will be able to witness the eternal burning. How this is going to occur remains to be seen, however I presume there will be some sort of protection for their eyes or maybe a reflective mech ...[text shortened]...

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/295825/Forbidden-Planet-Movie-Clip-Face-Of-The-Gorgon.html
And, given the speed of light limitation on viewing such, it would take billions of years for all civilizations to even view the punishment.

It just gets more preposterous the more you think about it.

Well, to everyone but the ones thoroughly brainwashed into believing this tragic bullshyte.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Dec 15
1 edit

The people of the bible knew nothing of neuroscience and they were talking about literal burning, heat energy.
And you know this how? I think you are mistaken. Not only were at least some of them (I doubt they all agreed any more than present day Christians agreed) were using it as an analogy.

According to the bible, 'forever and ever' .
You do know the Bible wasn't written in English? Are you sure that is translated correctly? Are you sure it isn't symbolic?

which to me means quadrillions of quadrillions of years punishment to billions and billions of people.
No, it means a lot more than that if you want to take it literally. Nevertheless, there is no good reason to believe that that much energy is not available. In fact there is no good reason to believe the universe is not infinite.

Even if you alloted say, 2 kw per person continuously applied, times multiple billions times quadrillions of quadrillions years, it would add up to more kilowatt hours than is generated in the entire universe.
Stop throwing around large numbers when they are totally irrelevant. If the Bible literally means 'infinitely into the future' then why even talk numbers at all? Infinity is infinity, it is not a number.
Secondly there are a number of unknowns:
1. You do not know the universe is finite in size.
2. You do not know if the future of the universe is finite.
3. You do not know whether hell is in the universe or some other universe (to which different rules may apply).

That is my point. That the whole idea was never thought through,
I don't think you have thought it through either.

..just bullshyte made up to scare kids and adults into submission.
That is a big assumption. Given that you clearly didn't think it through either, can I take it that what you said is also bullshyte? And how do you claim to be able to read the minds of people who died many centuries ago? There are many possible reasons why they may have made it up.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Dec 15

So trillions of years times trillions of years, .
You sound like the little school kid making up big numbers.

A trillion times a trillion is a septillion.
(Or sextillion on the European system)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Dec 15

Well, to everyone but the ones thoroughly brainwashed into believing this tragic bullshyte.
Can't you discuss religious concepts without feeling the continuous need to remind everyone that you you don't believe any of it. We all know you don't believe it, it's OK.