Individualism & the human spirit

Individualism & the human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
LOL, OK.

Next time you post an OP, could you put a set of guidelines and perhaps some rules that we need to follow if we intend to elicit your responses?
Use your brain. Get into the Spirit of the OP's/ posts. Please

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
You oughta be grateful to Philokalia. He’s the only one keeping this thread alive. Even Karoly’s lost interest.

Just calling it as I see it like everyone should.
I'm not interested in sheep. I eat 'em

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I kept telling you that your deeply misanthropic stuff about "snowflakes" and "simpletons" and your wittering about your tattoos etc. was boring and off-target. Facile sarcasm now about having needed "a set of guidelines and perhaps some rules" to understand what was made clear every single step of the way is also boring and off-target.

This thread was abou ...[text shortened]... ghly "individuated" intelligent people, start a thread of your own. I am unlikely to contribute.
You'd be unlikely to contribute?

What a shame.

I am sorry if I have done anything to drive you away.

But yeah, you sound really angry at me all the time. I don't know why.

I think I have good writing and philosophical musings. I think I contribute to the forum just as good as any mother. As it is said, be the superior to no man, and be the inferior to none.

I will try to make you proud.

I think the best way that I can answer this is to post more frequently, to really cut loose, to post with a free flowing poetic spirit.

Once I get some free time, then, I should really start upping my game.

^^

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

You'd be unlikely to contribute?
Yes because, like I said, I find your stuff about "IQ" and "race", and stuff like the "deep personalities" of highly "individuated" intelligent people with PhDs blah blah, really boring. A thread where you wanted to lay all that misanthropic kind of stuff on people would not be interesting.

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

I am sorry if I have done anything to drive you away.
You haven't succeeded in driving me away from this thread, which I started. So there is that. And once again, I make the invitation: If you fancy addressing the OP and its specific framing of the idea of "individualism", you'd probably need to use the terms "participation", "obligation" and "public" and "citizenry" at least a few times, rather than ones like "individuality" or "individuation".

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

You know what is really needed, my friend, is more posting that involves the expression of my individuality and my own spirit.

I think you are something of a Bohemian fellah trapped in a stuffy Anglocentric mindset.

Let me be the continental Bohemian or, better yet, the American cowboy rugged indivdiualist and jar you out of it.

When i am done they will write plays about us.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Ummm, sure, I will try to write more on this topic later.

I have found that you are a bgi fan of the concept of the individual, the spirit as some abstract ... identity thing we have as individuals.

Not really my cup of tea because it is way overplayed in Western society. So, I guess I do sound a bit misanthropic when I talk about it, but this is exactly the kidn of thing that will further your understanding.

It is in your criticisms that you find the basis for improvement. Rarely is it in the compliments.

Fortunately, a fellah like you doesn't have to worry about sifting through all of the compliments.

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

Ummm, sure, I will try to write more on this topic later.
I will take a look if you do.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Yes because, like I said, I find your stuff about "IQ" and "race", and stuff like the "deep personalities" of highly "individuated" intelligent people with PhDs blah blah, really boring. A thread where you wanted to lay all that misanthropic kind of stuff on people would not be interesting.
Btw Steve Smith ( Aussie cricket captain ) has an IQ of about 142. My friends' IQ is 168. edit: 140 is considered a 'genius'

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Btw Steve Smith ( Aussie cricket captain ) has an IQ of about 142. My friends' IQ is 168. edit: 140 is considered a 'genius'
I had actually always heard that 130 is considered genius.

I believe 110 is considered top 15% and something like 1-2% have 130 or above. I do not remember the data exactly.

IQ tests can vary a bit because some of these online or cheap tests that can be administered in 15 minutes do not adequately assess things like verbal intelligence but instead just focus on the problem solving dynamics. Of course, though, people who tend to do well on the problem solving also tend to do well on verbal intelligence tests.

Verbal IQ also often generally includes tests for memorization and memory in general.

There's a couple kinds of IQ tests that you can do that take several hours to administer but most places just opt for the much shorter ones that are based mostly on problem solving and geospatial reasoning.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

I had actually always heard that 130 is considered genius.

I believe 110 is considered top 15% and something like 1-2% have 130 or above. I do not remember the data exactly.

IQ tests can vary a bit because some of these online or cheap tests that can be administered in 15 minutes do not adequately assess things like verbal intelligence but instea ...[text shortened]... opt for the much shorter ones that are based mostly on problem solving and geospatial reasoning.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Wow.Jpg

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Feb 18

so you wait like... 3-4 weeks for me to talk about the topic of race and intelligence again. The topic finally comes around a bit...

And your slam drunk question that you are dying for me to continue grappling and talkig about is...

[i]Why did you respond by saying that you are white when you were asked a question that was phrased with the ...[text shortened]... ve to take a page from the SJW playbook and say,

Wow, just wow, I can't even.
You were caught out again Jacob, the curtain flapped open again revealing the bigoted little man behind it.

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

I have found that you are a bgi fan of the concept of the individual, the spirit as some abstract ... identity thing we have as individuals. Not really my cup of tea because it is way overplayed in Western society. So, I guess I do sound a bit misanthropic when I talk about it, but this is exactly the kidn of thing that will further your understanding.
Well we are all individuals, and we all do have identities and, whichever way you dice it, these uncontroversial realities ~ which apply in every human society, not just Western ones ~ involve abstractions; so, no amount of your "new far right" misanthropy can change these things.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You were caught out again Jacob, the curtain flapped open again revealing the bigoted little man behind it.
I can't even tell if you are serious.

You think this is a real issue?