Individualism & the human spirit

Individualism & the human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Btw Steve Smith ( Aussie cricket captain ) has an IQ of about 142. My friends' IQ is 168. edit: 140 is considered a 'genius'
Bobby Fischer’s IQ was reportedly 160 and he never finished high school (too bored in class and only wanted to play chess.)

FMF’s IQ is over 600.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I can't even tell if you are serious.

You think this is a real issue?
Do I think your casual racism and flippant deflections around it is a real issue...is that what you are asking now?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

Wow.Jpg
Wow indeed!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Bobby Fischer’s IQ was reportedly 160 and he never finished high school (too bored in class and only wanted to play chess.)

FMF’s IQ is over 600.
I will wreck u if u belittle my friends .

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do I think your casual racism and flippant deflections around it is a real issue...is that what you are asking now?
Where is the content?

I really hate to say it but you are confusing me because you insist that you are making some kind of point but it is entirely lost or so far removed from the initial question.

I just have to ignore this unless you can tell me why I should care or how your critique is somehow relevant.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 18

Where is the content?

I really hate to say it but you are confusing me because you insist that you are making some kind of point but it is entirely lost or so far removed from the initial question.

I just have to ignore this unless you can tell me why I should care or how your critique is somehow relevant.
Why do you consider your whiteness to not be ethinc Jacob?

So why did you respond to FMF like this then:

Originally posted by @fmf
As a matter of interest, are you a member of an ethnic group with what you say are "higher than average IQs" or are you a member of an ethnic group with "lower than average IQs"?

Reply by @philokalia
I'm white.

S. Korea

Moves
23 Feb 18

I explained it before: I am primarily ethnic Norwegian but, as an American, I have no meaningful connection to Norway and cannot speak the language or anything. I am also not 100% Norwegian. Why would I identify as an ethnic Norwegian, then?

Instead, as an American, who is white, and of the white background and race, I simply identifed as white.

Ethnicity is a sub-grouping of race.

There, this is the second time that I explained the logic.

Does that answer your question?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 18
1 edit

I explained it before: I am primarily ethnic Norwegian but, as an American, I have no meaningful connection to Norway and cannot speak the language or anything. I am also not 100% Norwegian. Why would I identify as an ethnic Norwegian, then?

Instead, as an American, who is white, and of the white background and race, I simply identifed as white.

...[text shortened]...
There, this is the second time that I explained the logic.

Does that answer your question?
No, this waffle doesn’t explain why when you were asked:

“As a matter of interest, are you a member of an ethnic group with what you say are "higher than average IQs" or are you a member of an ethnic group with "lower than average IQs?”

You replied:
“I'm white.”

How is “I’m white” in any way and appropriate answer to that question, other than it inferring that you are not “ethnic”?

S. Korea

Moves
23 Feb 18

Oh, you want me to talk about IQ and what that means? THen why did you originally only talk about this question of me not answering in terms of ethnicity?

It seems the goal post has shifted.

But I do have a question...

What do you make of evidence that suggests IQs differ between groups? I can only talk about that.

Do you accept the differences that are generally attested to in IQ tests? Or do you not?

If the tests are not accurate, why is that?

This isn't about what I believe... This is about whether or not the material gathered on the topic is accurate. That is the question that concerns me. Couching it in this weird language, like FMF did, is unacceptable to me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 18
1 edit

Oh, you want me to talk about IQ and what that means? THen why did you originally only talk about this question of me not answering in terms of ethnicity?

It seems the goal post has shifted.

But I do have a question...

What do you make of evidence that suggests IQs differ between groups? I can only talk about that.

Do you accept the diffe ...[text shortened]... stion that concerns me. Couching it in this weird language, like FMF did, is unacceptable to me.
How is “I’m white” an appropriate answer to the question FMF asked you, other than inferring that “white” is not ethnic?

S. Korea

Moves
23 Feb 18

How is “I’m white” an appropriate answer to the question FMF asked you, other than inferring that “white” is not ethnic?
It's the perfect answer because that is what I am, and also because everyone generally knows what that means. You don't need to be to literally play into the couched rhetoric of the question.

Now, I have a question... Do you believe that IQ tests are accurate, and do you believe that there are differences in IQ level between groups of people?

If there is evidence that is the case... why do you accept or reject it?

That would be very, very relevant to everything that you have been asking and it directly confronts the issue close to your heart.

So let's hear what Dive thinks!

This is your topic, bro, have a wack at it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 18

It's the perfect answer because that is what I am, and also because everyone generally knows what that means.
Are you a member of an ethnic group with what you say are "higher than average IQs" or are you a member of an ethnic group with "lower than average IQs?”

S. Korea

Moves
23 Feb 18

Are you a member of an ethnic group with what you say are "higher than average IQs" or are you a member of an ethnic group with "lower than average IQs?”
I don't know, you tell me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 18
1 edit

Seems like lower to me but basing it on your posting is hardly scientific.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 18
1 edit

You're the one with all these so called studies, surely you know?