Individualism & the human spirit

Individualism & the human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Get bent. My pure positive posts have been getting thumbed down, what threads r u reading ?
Oh dude man, I am thumbed down every time.I understand how that could be frustrating.

These forums are particularly negative. I don't know why. I just live in this place with you, too.

I'll be your shoulder to cry on.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Oh dude man, I am thumbed down every time.I understand how that could be frustrating.

These forums are particularly negative. I don't know why. I just live in this place with you, too.

Dont need a shoulder , I need a geuine person to understand that simplicity and righteousness according to ones own life dispels stupid questions

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

I've just had a quick look. What 'thumbs down' issue affecting you are you talking about?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I've just had a quick look. What 'thumbs down' issue affecting you are you talking about?
U can spot 'em a mile away

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Feb 18

I know why . Self doubt

F

Moves
22 Feb 18
1 edit

These forums are particularly negative. I don't know why.
It could be because you come across as a lightweight, insecure, pretentious misanthrope. I can offer that take on you as something for you to ponder as you chew on your "I don't know why" question.

I think even you have more or less acknowledged that you are to blame for the fact that things have not gone well for you here, which must be galling when you have spoken openly about wanting to be popular and make friends. As someone said, you are what you post.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

I actually refer to the Debate forum , which is generally more active with a greater variety of people and where conservatives do get ruthlessly downvoted. ^^

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

It could be because you come across as a lightweight, insecure, pretentious misanthrope. I can offer that take on you as something for you to ponder as you chew on your "I don't know why" question.

I think even you have more or less acknowledged that you are to blame for the fact that things have not gone well for you here, which must be galling when you ha ...[text shortened]... ken openly about wanting to be popular and make friends. As someone said, you are what you post.
LOL, what a list of descriptions.

You should be more kind to people and less insulting.

You make me lose my Christian bearing with this kind of attitude. Please, my friend, stop needling everyone. It's what is best for both of us.

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

LOL, what a list of descriptions.

You should be more kind to people and less insulting.

You make me lose my Christian bearing with this kind of attitude. Please, my friend, stop needling everyone. It's what is best for both of us.
Thanks for your suggestions.

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

I actually refer to the Debate forum , which is generally more active with a greater variety of people and where conservatives do get ruthlessly downvoted. ^^
Why are you worried about 'thumbs down'?

"Ruthlessly"? Did you really use that word?

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

I actually refer to the Debate forum...

You should be able to make friends there with the likes of Mott The Hoople and whodey. They've got a very similar mind map to you.

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

I am curious. What makes you an individual?

I think there are people who play with thoughts and interesting ideas a lot, and who perhaps enjoy a lot of hobbies, etc.

But can we really say that everyone has some measured level of individualism?

I also think this buys into the gross cult of atomization where everyone is supposed to be as ...[text shortened]... sible to gain a snow. A lot to unpack with that sentence -- but do feel free to start unpacking.
If you actually want to address the OP with its particular framing of the notion of "individualism", your answer will probably need to include the occasional use of the terms "participation", "obligation" and "public" and "citizenry", or synonyms.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 18

If you actually want to address the OP with its particular framing of the notion of "individualism", your answer will probably need to include the occasional use of the terms "participation", "obligation" and "public" and "citizenry", or synonyms.
LOL, OK.

Next time you post an OP, could you put a set of guidelines and perhaps some rules that we need to follow if we intend to elicit your responses?

F

Moves
22 Feb 18

LOL, OK.

Next time you post an OP, could you put a set of guidelines and perhaps some rules that we need to follow if we intend to elicit your responses?
I kept telling you that your deeply misanthropic stuff about "snowflakes" and "simpletons" and your wittering about your tattoos etc. was boring and off-target. Facile sarcasm now about having needed "a set of guidelines and perhaps some rules" to understand what was made clear every single step of the way is also boring and off-target.

This thread was about Ralston Saul's definition of "individualism". If you want to play sneering 'philosopher' about those snowflakes/simpletons and "IQ" and about how you are "white" and the "deep personalities" of highly "individuated" intelligent people, start a thread of your own. I am unlikely to contribute.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Feb 18

I kept telling you that your deeply misanthropic stuff about "snowflakes" and "simpletons" and your wittering about your tattoos etc. was boring and off-target. Facile sarcasm now about having needed "a set of guidelines and perhaps some rules" to understand what was made clear every single step of the way is also boring and off-target.

This thread was abou ...[text shortened]... ghly "individuated" intelligent people, start a thread of your own. I am unlikely to contribute.
You oughta be grateful to Philokalia. He’s the only one keeping this thread alive. Even Karoly’s lost interest.

Just calling it as I see it like everyone should.