1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:25
    @fmf said
    I think your "grasp" of "pride" and "humility" are bogus.
    Shocking
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:30
    @kellyjay said
    Shocking
    Don't run away, KellyJay. You believe that people who are not members of your religion deserve to be tortured by fire for eternity for having different beliefs from you and that you, and other members of your religion, will enjoy immortality. You cannot credibly lecture people on "humility" and speak out against self-exaltation.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:44
    @fmf said
    Don't run away, KellyJay. You believe that people who are not members of your religion deserve to be tortured by fire for eternity for having different beliefs from you and that you, and other members of your religion, will enjoy immortality. You cannot credibly lecture people on "humility" and speak out against self-exaltation.
    You were a member of "that religion" for many many years, and believed all the same things for many many years.

Does the fact that you've changed your mind give you the freedom to criticize people who've not dumped "that religion"?

Your posts are hypocritical, and you were likely an awful member of Christianity.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:45
    @fmf said
    I believe we will stand before a Holy Righteous God either in the righteous He provided or our own. After that all who have done evil and wickedness in thought or deed in any degree will be rejected from God’s Kingdom. His Kingdom is eternal so being rejected will last a long time! Without out the grace of God you are going to be put to the test. Did you trust in something worthy, we’re all of the things you knew were true, actually truth? On the day of judgment, reality not opinions are going to matter.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:531 edit
    @chaney3 said
    You were a member of "that religion" for many many years, and believed all the same things for many many years.

Does the fact that you've changed your mind give you the freedom to criticize people who've not dumped "that religion"?

Your posts are hypocritical, and you were likely an awful member of Christianity.
    This is all merely attempted deflection.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:53
    @kellyjay said
    I believe we will stand before a Holy Righteous God either in the righteous He provided or our own. After that all who have done evil and wickedness in thought or deed in any degree will be rejected from God’s Kingdom. His Kingdom is eternal so being rejected will last a long time! Without out the grace of God you are going to be put to the test. Did you trust in something ...[text shortened]... ou knew were true, actually truth? On the day of judgment, reality not opinions are going to matter.
    This is not "humility".
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:55
    @fmf said
    This is all merely attempted deflection. You are not addressing what has been put to you.
    True.
    But I seriously don't think you realize how you come across when you post.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:58
    @whodey said
    Ever met Raj?
    KellyJay: The self deceiving aspect of it are those who think they are better than others while patting themselves on the back for all they do. We all fall short!

@whodey said
    Ever met Raj?

In all my years here, I cannot recall Rajk999 once boasting about what he does - not once - nor have I ever read anything where he is 'patting himself on the back'. His dispute with you is about what the teaching of Jesus means and what commandments must be obeyed. Tackle Rajk999 head on, by all means, but misrepresenting what he argues, and what his stance on theology actually is, is cheap and evasive.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:00
    @chaney3 said
    This is a message board for debate and discussion.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:09
    @fmf said
    This is a message board for debate and discussion.
    Agreed. But along with the poster comes his personality, and the history he's chosen to share.

You've chosen to share that you were a Christian for a long time, then decided Christianity was no longer for you. While your decision is yours to make, I feel it's wrong to now post in the way you do.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:18
    @chaney3 said
    Agreed. But along with the poster comes his personality, and the history he's chosen to share.

You've chosen to share that you were a Christian for a long time, then decided Christianity was no longer for you. While your decision is yours to make, I feel it's wrong to now post in the way you do.
    I am simply sharing my perspective. Christian perspectives that go undebated or unscrutinized may be available to you on some kinds of moderated Christian websites.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:29
    @fmf said
    I am simply sharing my perspective. Christian perspectives that go undebated or unscrutinized may be available to you on some kinds of moderated Christian websites.
    Your perspective seems rude and hypocritical, as you were once a Christian yourself.

But, I don't want to hijack KellyJay's thread, so I'll leave it alone.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:31
    @chaney3 said
    Your perspective seems rude and hypocritical, as you were once a Christian yourself.
    Thanks for your input. And what about the issues that have been raised?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:41
    @fmf said
    The self-deceiving aspect of it is things like Christians trotting out the last sentence of your OP.

Christians equate being "born again" with modesty. They go around talking about how they have found "God" and how "God" has a special purpose for them.

They poopoo the different "Gods" of other theists. They brandish their supposed personal monopoly of "the truth". They eve ...[text shortened]... rlife.

It's arrogant and conceited and egotistical. It's the diametrically opposite of humility.
    Your problem seems to stem from a sort of hatred of Christianity, and not the issue of humility at all.

Something happened to you and it's telling in your posts.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:46
    @fmf said
    The self-deceiving aspect of it is things like Christians trotting out the last sentence of your OP.

Christians equate being "born again" with modesty. They go around talking about how they have found "God" and how "God" has a special purpose for them.

They poopoo the different "Gods" of other theists. They brandish their supposed personal monopoly of "the truth". They eve ...[text shortened]... rlife.

It's arrogant and conceited and egotistical. It's the diametrically opposite of humility.
    Anything to help yourself feel better (than somebody else), right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree