1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 03:18
    @fmf said
    This is mere doctrinal recitation that does not tackle the issue of "humility".
    I don't think anything I could say would with you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 03:401 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Well, we all have "thoughts" in our heads, you assume I'm bragging when I say
    Jesus saved me, being born again is of God. Not sure how I can brag about that I
    didn't earn it, I'm not singled out due to how special I am. As a matter of fact the
    only ones Jesus died for are sinners, which means accepting Jesus means I have
    admitted I'm a sinner. You can accuse me all you w ...[text shortened]... quotes would be better than this, try
    using some of them make sure you put them in context please.
    My critique of your use of the word "humility" is on page 1 and remains unaddressed.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 03:43
    @kellyjay said
    I don't think anything I could say would with you.
    This is deflection. The topic is "humility" and how it cannot be applied to the misanthropic and self-exalting ideology you promote.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:03
    @fmf said
    One of the fascinating things about this forum is how many of its Christians so often exalt themselves while not appearing to be engaged in humbling themselves at all.
    From your perspective would you be doing something wrong if you were to exalt yourself while not appearing to be engaging in humbling yourself at all?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:26
    @dj2becker said
    From your perspective would you be doing something wrong if you were to exalt yourself while not appearing to be engaging in humbling yourself at all?
    If I were religious and, through my ideology, I claimed to be engaged in "humility" when in fact I was propagating the kind of profoundly self-obsessed and misanthropic self-exceptionalism, as posters like KellyJay do, I'd have to accept people describing it as either deception or self-deception. As for me, and unlike KellyJay, I don't have any ideology pertaining to humility or self-exaltation.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:32
    @fmf said
    If I were religious and, through my ideology, I claimed to be engaged in "humility" when in fact I was propagating the kind of profoundly self-obsessed and misanthropic self-exceptionalism, as posters like KellyJay do, I'd have to accept people describing it as either deception or self-deception. As for me, and unlike KellyJay, I don't have any ideology pertaining to humility or self-exaltation.
    So you are just being a hypocrite then in your criticism of Christians since you personally wouldn't be doing anything wrong if you exalted yourself and lacked humility?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:36
    @dj2becker said
    So you are just being a hypocrite then in your criticism of Christians since you personally wouldn't be doing anything wrong if you exalted yourself and lacked humility?
    Deception is wrong. Self-deception is an error that can be corrected. There is nothing "hypocritical" about my contribution to this discussion.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:431 edit
    @FMF said:

Deception is wrong. Self-deception is an error that can be corrected. There is nothing "hypocritical" about my contribution to this discussion.

More evidence of self deception, self exaltation and a lack of humility. Nothing wrong with that when you do it but when a Christian supposedly does it then it's wrong? Hypocrisy in motion.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:491 edit
    @dj2becker said
    More evidence of self deception, self exaltation and a lack of humility. Nothing wrong with that when you do it but when a Christian supposedly does it then it's wrong? Hypocrisy in motion.
    No, there is no hypocrisy on my part. The validity of KellyJay's stance is under discussion, that's all. His ideology tells him his stance is one of "humility" but the stances and beliefs rooted in that ideology do not exhibit "humility". Quite the opposite, I'd say.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:53
    @fmf said
    No, there is no hypocrisy on my part. The validity of KellyJay's stance is under discussion, that's all. His ideology tells him his stance is one of "humility" but the stances and beliefs rooted in that ideology do not exhibit "humility". Quite the opposite, I'd say.
    I guess that fact that you only view your own perspective on this matter as correct is you exercising humility. My bad.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:56
    @dj2becker said
    I guess that fact that you only view your own perspective on this matter as correct is you exercising humility. My bad.
    I am sharing my perspectives on KellyJay's perspectives. That's what this discussion forum is for.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 05:01
    @fmf said
    I am sharing my perspectives on KellyJay's perspectives. That's what this discussion forum is for.
    With total humility and a lack of self exaltation, sure.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 05:03
    @dj2becker said
    With total humility and a lack of self exaltation, sure.
    Unlike KellyJay, I don't have any ideology pertaining to humility or self-exaltation.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 05:031 edit
    @fmf said
    Unlike KellyJay, I don't have any ideology pertaining to humility or self-exaltation.
    Which makes you better than him yeah? Comedy gold.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 05:07
    @dj2becker said
    Which makes you better than him yeah?
    It would seem you don't actually understand what the discussion is about. The topic is about the gap between the last sentence of KellyJay's OP, on one hand, and the content of the ideology he propagates here, on the other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree