1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:51
    @fmf said
    You don't seem to understand the point about "humility" that I have raised with you.
    Well, are you applying that same point to yourself as well, or just him (because you don't like him)?

I see nothing in the OP which deserves your haranguing. Meaning your diatribe must have some other trigger, like your general disdain for him.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:55
    @fmf said
    This is a message board for debate and discussion.
    "This is all merely attempted deflection." -- FMF
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 00:59
    @suzianne said
    Well, are you applying that same point to yourself as well, or just him (because you don't like him)?
    I am responding to the last sentence of the OP which apparently forms part of KellyJay's religious doctrine. It does not form part of mine.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:00
    @suzianne said
    Anything to help yourself feel better (than somebody else), right?
    If you have anything to say about the OP or my response to it, it would be interesting to hear.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:02
    @suzianne said
    I see nothing in the OP which deserves your haranguing. Meaning your diatribe must have some other trigger, like your general disdain for him.
    My point is about "humility" in Christianity a alluded to in the OP. It is expressed on page 1. Feel free to address it.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:06
    @fmf said
    This is not "humility".
    There is nothing of me or about me that sets me apart from anyone. The great grace is a gift not something earned, my salvation is due to God’s love and grace towards me, but His love is towards us all so even there I am nothing any different than any other.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:11
    @kellyjay said
    There is nothing of me or about me that sets me apart from anyone. The great grace is a gift not something earned, my salvation is due to God’s love and grace towards me, but His love is towards us all so even there I am nothing any different than any other.
    You write constantly about how your religious beliefs set you apart from everyone who does not share them. You talk about your immortality. You talk about people who don't share your religious belief deserving to be tortured in a "Lake of Fire". All this stuff is the opposite of "humility".
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:18
    @fmf said
    You write constantly about how your religious beliefs set you apart from everyone who does not share them. You talk about your immortality. You talk about people who don't share your religious belief deserving to be tortured in a "Lake of Fire". All this stuff is the opposite of "humility".
    Perhaps your debate should be with God, and not KellyJay, because he's just quoting what's in the bible.

Or maybe you're challenging the bible?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:20
    @chaney3 said
    Perhaps your debate should be with God, and not KellyJay, because he's just quoting what's in the bible.
    I am scrutinizing what KellyJay claims about himself, about Christians, and about "humility". It's the debate topic. This is a debate and discussion forum.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:221 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Or maybe you're challenging the bible?
    If you want to start a thread asserting that what you call "challenging the bible" does not belong on this message board, feel free to do so.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:36
    @fmf said
    If you want to start a thread asserting that what yo call "challenging the bible" does not belong on this message board, feel free to do so.
    What I'm getting at is that most debates are likely caused by what a person believes.....as learned from the bible.

KellyJay didn't fabricate his beliefs out of thin air. His OP is bible verses, not opinions.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:40
    @chaney3 said
    What I'm getting at is that most debates are likely caused by what a person believes.....as learned from the bible.

KellyJay didn't fabricate his beliefs out of thin air. His OP is bible verses, not opinions.
    My response to KellyJay is based on this OP's content in the context of the stuff he has been propagating on this forum for more than ten years. If you have anything to contribute to a discussion about the Christian notion of "humility", then I'd be happy to listen.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:42
    @chaney3 said
    True.
    But I seriously don't think you realize how you come across when you post.
    thats a reflection on you
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:45
    @fmf said
    You miss the point, it is all Jesus not me, nothing of my opinions matter only knowing Jesus. I could never exist and nothing would have to be lost because I am not that important only Jesus is, He paid the price for us not me. You are stuck on viewing believers, by over looking the Salvation by over looking the Savior Jesus Christ!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 01:47
    like i said... spirituality is a sensitive issue.

people will literally walk backwards to avoid it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree