Worlds problems....

Worlds problems....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
What materials have you consulted that challenge your gloomy, misanthropic view of the world? You've dodged this question 4 or 5 times.
Geeeez...Can't let it go huh?
I have read nothing including your suggestion that will cure the worlds problems. Maybe in small little arena or here or there, but it will never happen or it would have already happened dont ya think?
So in your bright little world with all your hopes on man fixing the earth, when exactly will this start??????????? Who pray tell is going to take this lead and convience all the world to "get along" and stop putting the all mighty $$$$$$$$ in the fore front and let's have peace and love and all be good neighbors to each other and kiss a whale while your at it?

When is this fix up going to start??????????????

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Hummm brownie points? And what exactly do you think that is in reguards to us? I've never heard the term with connection to our going to anyones door but I'd like to know why you think we earn brownie points and what that is?
Maybe your getting us confused with the Mormons?
Maybe I am.

i just thought that you had to give bible lessons to get higher up or a better rating or whatever to be a better JW.
I thought that was one of your main tenets.

F

Moves
29 Jun 12
2 edits

Geeeez...Can't let it go huh?
I have read nothing including your suggestion that will cure the worlds problems.
Well me 'not letting go' is a direct response to your dodging. You have simply ignored the pertinent question over and over again and instead misrepresented my views. What was the tripe about the lady on the bus in the YouTube clip and the reference to my mother? Or about how much stuff there is on the internet involving naughty school kids with mobile phones compared to in the 60s, and how that;s "evidence" of something, and that people are "blind" or "fools" to disagree with you? Or that I am saying I don't think there are any problems in the world. These are just a deceitful straw men, and you use them all the time.

If you only consume information or perspectives that confirm your malignant, cop-out, doomsday 'vision', and do not read anything that challenges your views, what credibility does that give you - do you think - as you declare yourself to be 'chosen' by God, as you constantly deflect about being "hated" and "persecuted", and as you make predictions about the end being nigh... all based on your news-headlines-and-YouTube clip-driven understanding of the world? You admit you read nothing. What makes you think you have any intellectual or analytical standing in your approach to history and to the state of the world?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Jun 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Maybe I am.

i just thought that you had to give bible lessons to get higher up or a better rating or whatever to be a better JW.
I thought that was one of your main tenets.
No not us. I know the Mormons do something along those lines. I also think that the women have no chance of ever going to heaven or where ever they think they go unless they are married to a Mormon man. It's their only way to be saved if I'm not mistaken. Not a teaching in the Bible at all and it seems like a catch 22 for there women.

But no we have no such reward or point system for anything.
We are all servants to God and are to follow his son Jesus's commands.
So maybe that you know this and have that cleared up, we may not be as bad as you thought.
I would think badly too if someone was only in such a work to only get points to save their butts.....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 12

No not us. I know the Mormons do something along those lines. I also think that the women have no chance of ever going to heaven or where ever they think they go unless they are married to a Mormon man. It's their only way to be saved if I'm not mistaken. Not a teaching in the Bible at all and it seems like a catch 22 for there women.

But no we have ...[text shortened]... hink badly too if someone was only in such a work to only get points to save their butts.....
I never really thought you were that bad.
It's always some bad eggs that let down the rest of the organization which is why I dont affiliate with any religious groups. But have plenty of aquaintences that do and we get along just fine.

The difference between you and I, i suppose, is that i think there is more than one way to skin a cat 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well me 'not letting go' is a direct response your dodging. You have the simply ignored the question over and over again and instead misrepresented my views. What was the tripe about the lady on the bus in the YouTube clip and the reference it my mother? or about how much stuff there is on the internet about naughty school kids with mobile phones compared to in ...[text shortened]... ual or analytical standing in your approach to history and to the state of the world?
And what possible reason do you think I don't read anything else besides what the WTS publishes?????????
Your'e implying that I'm stupid and I know you are calling me a liar but you know absolutly nothing about me and what I do and don't do or know or read, Do you?
I personally think you are very presumptious and arrogant for ASSuming you know anything about me.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I never really thought you were that bad.
It's always some bad eggs that let down the rest of the organization which is why I dont affiliate with any religious groups. But have plenty of aquaintences that do and we get along just fine.

The difference between you and I, i suppose, is that i think there is more than one way to skin a cat 🙂
Thanks. And yes there is always a bad egg or two in every aspect of life.

F

Moves
30 Jun 12

And what possible reason do you think I don't read anything else besides what the WTS publishes?????????
Because you show no evidence of having exposed yourself to perspectives that challenge your preconceived notions, because you stray little beyond your tabloid and YouTube clip mentality, because you have dodged my direct questions numerous times, misrepresented my views, and tried to deflect by playing the 'victim card'. You are what you post, galveston75. I am responding to what you post.

F

Moves
30 Jun 12

Your'e implying that I'm stupid and I know you are calling me a liar but you know absolutly nothing about me and what I do and don't do or know or read, Do you?
Did you look into that book I suggested?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
Because you show no evidence of having exposed yourself to perspectives that challenge your preconceived notions, because you stray little beyond your tabloid and YouTube clip mentality, because you have dodged my direct questions numerous times, misrepresented my views, and tried to deflect by playing the 'victim card'. You are what you post, galveston75. I am responding to what you post.
Well that's just tuff then isn't it? I think I've responded to you enough and you know as well as I do that no matter how I respond it will never be enough for you or the right answer.
Take care......

Moves
30 Jun 12
2 edits

I can provide you with all the WTS publications you can read in a year. Buy I know you and the others here don't read it and in fact do nothing but complain and say "put it into your own words". Right? So when I do to please you guys then I get this.
So as usual I'm waisting my time............
I don't insist that you put it in your own words, at least I think I haven't done that to you. What I mean about your "apparent" dodging etc. is that it looks like dodging, but is really (IMO) not so deceptive, it is that you have run out of guidance. It's only a suggestion that you seek more. If you haven't done so, I suggest you print and take some of these exchanges you have had with adversaries here, especially the exchanges that go nowhere, to a JW meeting, and see if there are any ideas on how to proceed toward a successful outcome. That's what you want, right? In a way, the situation calls for it, doesn't it? What is there to lose?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by JS357
I don't insist that you put it in your own words, at least I think I haven't done that to you. What I mean about your "apparent" dodging etc. is that it looks like dodging, but is really (IMO) not so deceptive, it is that you have run out of guidance. It's only a suggestion that you seek more. If you haven't done so, I suggest you print and take some of these ...[text shortened]... ou want, right? In a way, the situation calls for it, doesn't it? What is there to lose?
What do you mean a succesful outcome? That everyone here sees this the way I do and agrees? I'm not expecting that at all and never have.
My goal was to share this info and perhaps, just perhaps have someone see this and maybe confess they did not know things were this bad, say with the oceans as all the links I posted prove.
And then maybe just maybe someone would think wow! it is worse then I thought and may decide to pursue acting upon this and want to know more about what God is offering as a solution rather then mans. And you never know, many read these post in silence and just might be interested in learning what he has planned for us.
It's clearly obvious that most here are not interested in God's ways and that's fine. I never thought it would be different.
So I'm in need of no advise other then to not waist my time here....

rc

Moves
30 Jun 12
5 edits

What do you mean a succesful outcome? That everyone here sees this the way I do and agrees? I'm not expecting that at all and never have.
My goal was to share this info and perhaps, just perhaps have someone see this and maybe confess they did not know things were this bad, say with the oceans as all the links I posted prove.
And then maybe just may would be different.
So I'm in need of no advise other then to not waist my time here....
When one considers your original premise it has as usual descended into what can be described as nothing more than the typical character assassination that seems to pervade the forum under the guise of spirituality. Ask yourself what you have learned and you will see that its nothing more than empty and hollow words from people whose single goal it is to make you stumble so that they can examine how you react when you fall. This is the total summation of their spiritual comprehension and their contribution to our understanding. They have nothing of any relevance, of any value , of anything of any worth to consider and really are better being kicked into touch. The few individuals who do provided something other than contentious bickering are really wheat among weeds and to be valued for their insight and encouragement.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
When one considers your original premise it has as usual descended into what can be described as nothing more than the typical character assassination that seems to pervade the forum under the guise of spirituality. Ask yourself what you have learned and you will see that its nothing more than empty and hollow words from people whose single goal i ...[text shortened]... ous bickering are really wheat among weeds and to be valued for their insight and encouragement.
Right on the head with that one Robbie. 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Jun 12
2 edits

What is BETTER today than 100 years ago? 50 years ago?
A lot of doomsayers love to believe we live in the 'end times' and they do this by highlighting every problem society has and acting as if we are on the verge of civilizations collapse, thus the end times. Well as we are starting a new year, I would like to ask all of you (regardless of religion or lack thereof) to tell me what is better today then in 1959? 1909?

I will give a few of my favorites:
1. Racial relations. Yes racism exists (on all sides) but NO ONE can claim the situation is not tremendously better than it was 50 or 100 years ago.

2. Literacy. Adults being unable to read was COMMON 100 years ago, and not that rare 50 years ago. But, despite the hand wringers who bash our public schools, I have yet to meet an adult in america who could not read and I am 40 years old.

3. Medicine: Our lifespans are longer, and our quality of health is better. It is not uncommon these days to go to a gym and see someone who is 50, 60, or even older not only in good health, but working out! (btw there is a guy at my gym who is pushing 60 and looks like a competitive body builder).

4. Information: you have at your fingertips any knowledge you might wish. The internet allows you to connect with the smithsonian institute, NASA, the human genome project, etc. All while sitting in your bathrobe at home.

So what do you think is better about our current world than that of 50 years ago? or 100 years ago?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090102052635AA03RwL

some good points " not my intellectual property "

Trying to get back to the OP LOL

Manny