Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 13:25
    YouTube

A trump surrogate defends Ben Carson as the pick for HUD by saying that experts made mistakes at some point so you might as well appoint someone with absolutely no experience in a field to head an enormous agency.

this is what the normal will be. trump and his surrogates will do or say something stupid, others will laugh at their stupidity.

we can only hope nothing important gets broken.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 15:191 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FNt3ns_EGA

A trump surrogate defends Ben Carson as the pick for HUD by saying that experts made mistakes at some point so you might as well appoint someone with absolutely no experience in a field to head an enormous agency.

this is what the normal will be. trump and his surrogates will do or say something stupid, others will laugh at their stupidity.

Racists

So a poor black boy from the inner city of Detroit will be able to manage HUD, eh?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 16:092 edits
    The thread title is wrong. It's going to be 8 years of Trump. There's almost nothing Grump can say or do to lose his supporters: "I could shoot someone in the middle of NYC and still not lose votes", and it's rare for an incumbent president to not be backed by his party for a second term.

There's no scandal or verbal gaff that was enough to shame Trump, because there were so many, people forgot about them as soon as the next ones came.

Posters kept saying I was dumb for believing Trump would win. Expect the same for this comment as well.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 16:49
    Originally posted by vivify
    The thread title is wrong. It's going to be 8 years of Trump. There's almost nothing Grump can say or do to lose his supporters: "I could shoot someone in the middle of NYC and still not lose votes", and it's rare for an incumbent president to not be backed by his party for a second term.

There's no scandal or verbal gaff that was enough to shame Trump ...[text shortened]... kept saying I was dumb for believing Trump would win. Expect the same for this comment as well.
    From recent history we see that a sitting President usually wins a second term.

I never thought Trump would win in the first place so I ain't call'in it official just yet.
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 18:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    From recent history we see that a sitting President usually wins a second term.

I never thought Trump would win in the first place so I ain't call'in it official just yet.
    The problem is the Constitution and all the founding fathers established was really aimed at a Christian or God fearing people.
    I am surprised the country has lasted this long.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 18:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The problem is the Constitution and all the founding fathers established was really aimed at a Christian or God fearing people.
    I think that is why Carson seems to be getting more hate than Trump.

Add to that fact that he is a black Republican who survived the viscous cycle of the welfare system and succeeded and the man is virtually intolerable.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 19:06
    I think that is why Carson seems to be getting more hate than Trump.
    Have you been hanging out at Stormfront again?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 19:371 edit
    Agreed. To start out as witch-burners and not go extinct---quite remarkable.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 19:42
    "The problem is the Constitution and all the founding fathers established was really aimed at a Christian or God fearing people."
    damn you're ignorant. they specifically said the US is NOT a christian nation.

"I am surprised the country has lasted this long"
    it's because people like you don't really matter. the exceptional americans dragged people like you towards progress
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 19:52
    Originally posted by vivify

There's no scandal or verbal gaff that was enough to shame Trump ...[text shortened]... kept saying I was dumb for believing Trump would win. Expect the same for this comment as well.
    "It's going to be 8 years of Trump."
    my assessment is closer to the truth. it doesn't dismiss out of hand 4 more years after that. you simply declared 8 years of trump like it's inevitable

"There's almost nothing Grump can say or do to lose his supporters"
    that's only because the media shows just the truly retarded. most of his supporters know damn well he is a lunatic, they simply felt that clinton was worse and wouldn't make anything to help them. Watch the Town Hall in wisconsin with Bernie Sanders and Chris Hayes and see how trump supporters look like.

put a real opponent against trump, not the republican clowns they had in the primaries, not the corrupt politician that is clinton, and trump will lose by double digits, especially since in 4 years he would have accomplished nothing and would have nobody to blame.

"Posters kept saying I was dumb for believing Trump would win"
    I want to see who says that.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 23:25
    "The problem is the Constitution and all the founding fathers established was really aimed at a Christian or God fearing people."
    damn you're ignorant. they specifically said the US is NOT a christian nation.

"I am surprised the country has lasted this long"
    it's because people like you don't really matter. the exceptional americans dragged people like you towards progress
    "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
    George Washington
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 09:31
    "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
    George Washington
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/02/living/america-christian-nation/

"If, by the question, one is asking whether the Founding Fathers relied on Protestant Christian principles in drafting the essential documents and in organizing the new governments, then the answer is a resounding "no.""

"At the same time, the United States became the first nation in history to abolish religious disqualifications from officeholding and civic engagement. The founders purposely created a nation that based its legitimacy on popular will, not on some higher power."

and most importantly and unambiguously:
    "If the founders had not made their stance on this "Christian nation" issue clear enough in the Constitution and the Federalist Papers, they certainly did in the 1797 Treaty of Tripoli.
    Begun by George Washington, signed by John Adams and ratified unanimously by a Senate still half-filled with signers of the Constitution, this treaty announced firmly and flatly to the world that "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 10:01
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/02/living/america-christian-nation/

"If, by the question, one is asking whether the Founding Fathers relied on Protestant Christian principles in drafting the essential documents and in organizing the new governments, then the answer is a resounding "no.""

"At the same time, the United States became the first nation in h ...[text shortened]... rnment of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
    But z, you joined in 05 that's 11 years not 4.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 10:51
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FNt3ns_EGA

...we can only hope nothing important gets broken.

Of course.
    Nothing as serious as governmental leadership can be trusted to the hoi polloi.
    As we have seen over the course of the last four to five decades, only approved people can properly handle such responsibility.
    Can you imagine how jacked up things will become if competent people are put in charge?
    Heaven forefend!