Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member vivify
    rain
    15 Oct '16 00:08
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/14/fox-news-poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-7-points.html

    From the article:

    "Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump has increased to seven points, as more than half of voters say he is not qualified to be president."

    Okay, nothing shocking, right? Fox is simply reporting something that's impossible to deny. But then there's this bit:

    "Clinton receives 45 percent to Trump’s 38 percent. Libertarian Gary Johnson is at 7 percent and Green Party candidate Jill Stein gets 3 percent. Last week, Clinton was up by two points in the four-way contest (44-42 percent)."

    Did you catch that? It's now a "four-way contest". What an interesting thing to mention now that even your nominee's hardcore supporters have backed away from Grimy Hands.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Oct '16 00:18
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/14/fox-news-poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-7-points.html

    From the article:

    "Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump has increased to seven points, as more than half of voters say he is not qualified to be president."

    Okay, nothing shocking, right? Fox is simply reporting something that's impossible to deny. But ...[text shortened]... g to mention now that even your nominee's hardcore supporters have backed away from Grimy Hands.
    You're reading too much into it.

    The phrase "four-way contest" is a commonplace way to indicate that Gary Johnson and Jill Stein voters were included in the results.

    The counterpart type poll is "head to head" wherein the pollster only asks the voters about Clinton vs. Trump.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    16 Oct '16 02:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    You're reading too much into it.

    The phrase "four-way contest" is a commonplace way to indicate that Gary Johnson and Jill Stein voters were included in the results.

    The counterpart type poll is "head to head" wherein the pollster only asks the voters about Clinton vs. Trump.
    If Trump were leading in the polls and not mired in a potentially election-ending scandal, do you think those words would even be mentioned?

    But, I had a few when posting that article, so you're probably 100 percent right about me reading too much into it.

    Let's talk about something else then. Aren't the women on that show hot?
    No, wait...Tiny Hands made it poor taste to make such a comment.

    Fetching...does anyone find the ladies on that program to be rather fetching?

    No, somehow that feels even creepier.

    What's a proper and respectful way to compliment a woman's looks?
  4. 16 Oct '16 20:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify to Sh76
    If Trump were leading in the polls and not mired in a potentially election-ending scandal, do you think those words would even be mentioned?

    But, I had a few when posting that article, so you're probably 100 percent right about me reading too much into it.

    Let's talk about something else then. Aren't the women on that show hot?
    No, wait. ...[text shortened]... that feels even creepier.

    What's a proper and respectful way to compliment a woman's looks?
    Why would it be necessary in most public situations "to compliment a woman's looks"?
    Why would it be relevant? Is she trying out to become a model or a beauty queen?
    Does her appearance frighten the horses?

    "What's a proper and respectful way to compliment a woman's looks?"
    --Vivify

    If the person intending the compliment is male, it depends upon his age, position, and relationship to her.
    A woman can accept a more personal compliment from a man whom she knows and
    trusts than from a passing stranger, who whistles at her on the street.
  5. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '16 20:27
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/14/fox-news-poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-7-points.html

    From the article:

    "Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump has increased to seven points, as more than half of voters say he is not qualified to be president."

    Okay, nothing shocking, right? Fox is simply reporting something that's impossible to deny. But ...[text shortened]... g to mention now that even your nominee's hardcore supporters have backed away from Grimy Hands.
    There are going to be more than four on the ballot Election Day so getting a glimpse into what it could look like seems wise to me.
  6. 17 Oct '16 02:39
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/14/fox-news-poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-7-points.html

    From the article:

    "Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump has increased to seven points, as more than half of voters say he is not qualified to be president."

    Okay, nothing shocking, right? Fox is simply reporting something that's impossible to deny. But ...[text shortened]... g to mention now that even your nominee's hardcore supporters have backed away from Grimy Hands.
    Silly, there was never really ever a race to begin with.

    The other candidates had just as much a chance to beat Hillary as the basement dwelling Bernie Sanders supporters had a chance to beat her.

    That does not stop them though from trying to make the staged event exiting. I think that tyrants like Stalin would have been better off taking this approach. Just hold elections and have the press report how close the poll numbers are and have televised debates that are contentious. People just eat this stuff up.
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    17 Oct '16 04:06
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Why would it be necessary in most public situations "to compliment a woman's looks"?
    Why would it be relevant? Is she trying out to become a model or a beauty queen?
    Does her appearance frighten the horses?

    "What's a proper and respectful way to compliment a woman's looks?"
    --Vivify

    If the person intending the compliment is male, it depends upon ...[text shortened]... man whom she knows and
    trusts than from a passing stranger, who whistles at her on the street.
    I'm referring to the women on Fox News, who routinely show off their legs in in possibly the most revealing attire in American news broadcasting.

    My question is about how to compliment them, from afar (like on this forum), rather than to them directly.