Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88840
    29 Jan '17 20:23
    US is heading that way.

    Discuss.*

    *yeah I know, so 20's
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    29 Jan '17 20:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    US is heading that way.

    Discuss.*

    *yeah I know, so 20's
    You mean some people can't put on their big boy pants when they lose an election?
  3. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    29 Jan '17 20:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    US is heading that way.
    I doubt it.
    The people in the US most in favour of pulling out their guns and starting a war, are the ones that won the election. I do expect significant demonstrations, but not civil war. The reality is that wealth societies rarely engage in war because war result in major losses. You only start a war when the alternative is worse. You are not there yet.
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    29 Jan '17 20:40
    I have to point out that many other countries have had worse divisions than the US has now and worse presidents and still not had civil war. Zimbabwe has come pretty close though.
  5. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Jan '17 20:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have to point out that many other countries have had worse divisions than the US has now and worse presidents and still not had civil war. Zimbabwe has come pretty close though.
    There's not necessarily a correlation between having a terrible leader and having a civil war.
    Abraham Lincoln was a much better US President than Donald Trump and look at what happened.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Jan '17 21:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    US is heading that way.

    Discuss.*

    *yeah I know, so 20's
    Make up your mind, is it going to be a revolutionary war or a civil war, or maybe a revolutionary civil war.

    Or I know, how about charades. Best out of 3 wins! 😵
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    29 Jan '17 21:40
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    There's not necessarily a correlation between having a terrible leader and having a civil war.
    Abraham Lincoln was a much better US President than Donald Trump and look at what happened.
    Well maybe Abraham Lincoln was a terrible leader.
    But generally you are correct, civil wars are started because of major differences between groups in a country, often religion plays a major role.
    Sadly, many leaders deliberately fan the flames because it can be used to keep them in power.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
    Politically, Lincoln fought back by pitting his opponents against each other, by carefully planned political patronage,
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    29 Jan '17 21:46
    Trump will start taking out the kingpins...

    Trump To Declare George Soros ‘National Security Threat’

    http://revolutionradio.org/?p=157474
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Jan '17 22:00
    How will those on the left rise up to revolt without any guns?

    Seems like a conundrum, eh?
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    29 Jan '17 22:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    How will those on the left rise up to revolt without any guns?

    Seems like a conundrum, eh?
    Protest, cry, call you racist.
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Jan '17 22:273 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    How will those on the left rise up to revolt without any guns?

    Seems like a conundrum, eh?
    They'll take yours.

    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/gun-theft-fuels-violence-america-gun-owners-now-18319158

    http://www.rawstory.com/2014/10/open-carry-enthusiast-robbed-at-gunpoint-i-like-your-gun-give-it-to-me/

    Another good trick is to get you so paranoid you kill your own families...that's always amusing.

    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/virginia-father-accidentally-shoots-daughter
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Jan '17 22:301 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    They'll take yours.

    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/gun-theft-fuels-violence-america-gun-owners-now-18319158

    http://www.rawstory.com/2014/10/open-carry-enthusiast-robbed-at-gunpoint-i-like-your-gun-give-it-to-me/

    Another good trick is to get you so paranoid you kill your own families...that's always amusing.
    You mean they will steal our guns, then when they win the civil war, put in place a government that will take all the guns, and then another Trump comes to power? Then what will they do?

    Sounds like a plan.
  13. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Jan '17 22:323 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well maybe Abraham Lincoln was a terrible leader.
    But generally you are correct, civil wars are started because of major differences between groups in a country, often religion plays a major role.
    Sadly, many leaders deliberately fan the flames because it can be used to keep them in power.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
    Politic ...[text shortened]... by pitting his opponents against each other, by carefully planned political patronage,
    American historians tend to rank Abraham Lincoln as the greatest US President.
    This was in part because he had to rise to the greatest challenge--a civil war.
    Supporters of the CSA tend to have a lower opinion of US President LIncoln.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Jan '17 22:332 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    You mean they will steal our guns, then when they win the civil war, put in place a government that will take all the guns, and then another Trump comes to power? Then what will they do?

    Sounds like a plan.
    Cut off his access to California money.
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Jan '17 22:411 edit
    YouTube : Gangs of New York

    The mob have just broken into a gun store on 3rd Ave and are ARMING!...The police are of no avail!
Back to Top