Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Nov '16 17:38
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2016/11/19/lebanon-begins-building-security-wall-around-palestinian-refugee-camp

    Apparently, the government of Lebanon is building a "security wall" around Palestinian refugees.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Nov '16 18:02
    If Israel or the US isn't doing it then Leftist libtards don't have a problem with it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Nov '16 19:01
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If Israel or the US isn't doing it then Leftist libtards don't have a problem with it.
    Just think, if Trump builds his wall he will be the next apartheid monster.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    8800
    21 Nov '16 19:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just think, if Trump builds his wall he will be the next apartheid monster.
    Trump's wall wouldn't be apartheid. Apartheid is separation of races within one country, not building a wall on the border of two countries. The wall is simply border control.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    8800
    21 Nov '16 19:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2016/11/19/lebanon-begins-building-security-wall-around-palestinian-refugee-camp

    Apparently, the government of Lebanon is building a "security wall" around Palestinian refugees.
    This wall is apartheid. Trump's isn't.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    21 Nov '16 19:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2016/11/19/lebanon-begins-building-security-wall-around-palestinian-refugee-camp

    Apparently, the government of Lebanon is building a "security wall" around Palestinian refugees.
    Naturally, it's not that simple; it appears that hard line Islamists from nearby Syria have fomented violence in the camps:

    A likely catalyst for their closeness appears be the problems in Ain el-Hilweh refugee camp, after Islamists clashed with PLO forces last year, displacing thousands of people.  

    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/indepth/2016/9/11/how-the-plo-and-lebanese-authorities-became-unlikely-friends?utm_campaign=magnet&utm_source=article_page&utm_medium=related_articles

    According to the article you cited, Palestinian factions agreed with the Lebanon government that a security fence is necessary at the camp making your claims of "apartheid" rather ludicrous.

    Of course, Palestinians in camps in Lebanon have been vulnerable to outsiders in the past; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Nov '16 20:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Naturally, it's not that simple; it appears that hard line Islamists from nearby Syria have fomented violence in the camps:

    A likely catalyst for their closeness appears be the problems in Ain el-Hilweh refugee camp, after Islamists clashed with PLO forces last year, displacing thousands of people.  

    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/indepth/2016/9 ...[text shortened]... en vulnerable to outsiders in the past; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre
    Hypocritical libtard. The wall is needed because one small part of the population is dangerous.

    Sounds exactly why Trump argues that people from that region shouldn't be allowed into the country.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    21 Nov '16 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hypocritical libtard. The wall is needed because one small part of the population is dangerous.

    Sounds exactly why Trump argues that people from that region shouldn't be allowed into the country.
    To someone like yourself, I'm sure that is what it sounds like. But only because that is what you want it to sound like.

    I do not see the Lebanese threatening to expel these refugees or building a wall on their border with Syria which would be exactly what Trump wants to do. Nor have they adopted a blanket ban on all refugees from any country AFAIK.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Nov '16 20:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    [b]Naturally, it's not that simple; it appears that hard line Islamists from nearby Syria have fomented violence in the camps:
    Of course, this never happens in Israel.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    21 Nov '16 20:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Of course, this never happens in Israel.
    There are Palestinian refugee camps in Israel?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Nov '16 20:27
    However you wish to rationalize your hypocrisy is fine with me.
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Nov '16 18:11
    The times they are a-changing.

    http://www.crisismagazine.com/2016/in-denial-about-islam
Back to Top