Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 Jul '16 22:05
    http://www.theguardian.com/www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/bastille-day-attack-motive-investigation-nice-victims

"Nine Massacre Victims Mourned as French Investigators Search for Motive:
    Suspect Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bohlel had no obvious links to radical Islam, says Paris prosecutor"

The suspect has no known links to terrorist or radical Islamist groups.
    Evidently, he also was far from being a devout Muslim. Reportedly, he
    drank alcohol, ate pork, and took drugs. He did not observe Ramadan
    or go to a mosque. A relative said that he was not even known to pray.

If true, then it's more evidence that many 'Muslim terrorists' are *not* devout Muslims.
    The suspect might have used the banner of Islamism to disguise his real motives.
  2. 15 Jul '16 22:55
    Lone wolf, nothing to see here!

Crusades, crusades, crusades!!
  3. 15 Jul '16 23:02
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.theguardian.com/www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/bastille-day-attack-motive-investigation-nice-victims

Suspect Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bohlel had no obvious links to radical Islam, says Paris prosecutor"

The suspect has no known links to terrorist or radical Islamist ...[text shortened]... evout Muslims.
    The suspect might have used the banner of Islamism to disguise his real motives.
    Uh-huhhhh....but if was a white guy mowing down muslims we'd never hear the end of it from you about it being another example of Big Bad White Racism against brown people.
  4. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    15 Jul '16 23:08
    Originally posted by Duchess64

The suspect has no known links to terrorist or radical Islamist ...[text shortened]... evout Muslims.
    The 'if it's true' part needs to be first applied to the situation as reported.
    It's possible people actually died, but literally every video shown up to this point does not support such a report.
    The one in particular which has been on loop since this first broke is of a white truck slowly progressing down the promenade at ~10 MP, with literally no one anywhere near it: certainly not the rampage described.
    As the media has been complicit in at least a dozen false flag/staged events over the past twelve or so years, it is difficult to take the reports at face value.
    Unless and until it can be demonstrated in a convincing fashion that an attack actually took place, any question regarding agents and motivation are premature.
  5. 15 Jul '16 23:10
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The 'if it's true' part needs to be first applied to the situation as reported.
    It's possible people actually died, but literally every video shown up to this point does not support such a report.
    The one in particular which has been on loop since this first broke is of a white truck slowly progressing down the promenade at ~10 MP, with literally no one ...[text shortened]... that an attack actually took place, any question regarding agents and motivation are premature.
    Are you insane?
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    15 Jul '16 23:15
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Uh-huhhhh....but if was a white guy mowing down muslims we'd never hear the end of it from you about it being another example of Big Bad White Racism against brown people.
    Possibly so. It would be.
  7. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    15 Jul '16 23:17
    Are you insane?
    Quite possibly.
    Do you have a clip which supports the report?
    Every clip I've seen up to this point, now a day later literally has nothing in it which would make a person think something this horrendous is actually occurring.
  8. 16 Jul '16 00:13
    Quite possibly.
    Do you have a clip which supports the report?
    Every clip I've seen up to this point, now a day later literally has nothing in it which would make a person think something this horrendous is actually occurring.
    Not that it will stop you from performing this comedic "Flat Earth" act you've been doing for a while now, but here it is anyway: YouTube
  9. 16 Jul '16 01:15
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Not that it will stop you from performing this comedic "Flat Earth" act you've been doing for a while now, but here it is anyway: [youtube]PxQkyiDEEac[/youtube]
    Flat earth, round earth, you are all insane. It is really triangular
  10. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    16 Jul '16 01:32
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Not that it will stop you from performing this comedic "Flat Earth" act you've been doing for a while now, but here it is anyway: [youtube]PxQkyiDEEac[/youtube]
    Ah.
    So, still nothing, right?
    You seriously don't believe that clip is representative of the event reported... do you?
  11. 16 Jul '16 01:52
    Ah.
    You seriously don't believe that clip is representative of the event reported... do you?
    You claimed it was possible nobody was killed, or that maybe it was only a few, then you post a video with bodies all over, I don't know where you're coming from.
  12. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    16 Jul '16 01:59
    You claimed it was possible nobody was killed, or that maybe it was only a few, then you post a video with bodies all over, I don't know where you're coming from.
    I didn't post it!
    That video, in my insane/crazed mind actually confirms my suspicion this is just another of many staged events.
    You realize at least one of those bodies is actually a mannequin, right?
  13. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    16 Jul '16 02:05
    Ah.
    What's the matter with you? A video of dead and dying people isn't enough for you? You would withhold your belief in the truth of this event and disrespect the memory of the dead just because your bloodlust in watching them actually die isn't satisfied?? Just how sick do you have to be?
  14. 16 Jul '16 02:08
    I didn't post it!
    That video, in my insane/crazed mind actually confirms my suspicion this is just another of many staged events.
    You realize at least one of those bodies is actually a mannequin, right?
    Yeah it was King Rat that posted it my mistake,
    As far as the video confirming your claim that it was staged, I think you're trolling.
    Goodbye.
  15. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    16 Jul '16 02:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What's the matter with you? A video of dead and dying people isn't enough for you? You would withhold your belief in the truth of this event and disrespect the memory of the dead just because your bloodlust in watching them actually die isn't satisfied?? Just how sick do you have to be?
    I choose to not live life as though lived in a sit-com, thanks.
    The only "scenario" they could ever think of was a lack of, or miscommunication.
    One party takes things to the nth degree as a result of thinking another party said/thought/felt a certain way.
    Would you feel comfortable with your emoting after the fact once you found out the central concept was not the reality after all?
    Or do you consider it no great loss, since, after all, well, emotions?

I, for one, am COMPLETELY comfortable with open and unfettered displays of my grief and other emotional displays when they are in response to ACTUAL events.
    But when the emoting is attached to events which are declared but are otherwise NOT attached to reality?
    I'd feel like an effing fool.