Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 11 Sep '14 17:02
    Next time the tory tw@t Nick Robibnson tries to talk down to someone, they should threaten to do a Salmond on him.

    http://wingsoverscotland.com/handed-back-on-a-plate/
  2. 11 Sep '14 17:52
    Originally posted by PacMan
    Next time the tory tw@t Nick Robibnson tries to talk down to someone, they should threaten to do a Salmond on him.

    http://wingsoverscotland.com/handed-back-on-a-plate/
    Bwahahah, we have always known that the BBC are corrupt and biased but to have Alex talk smack to them in public and refute their ludicrous reporting is just legendary! Many thanks for that!
  3. 11 Sep '14 18:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Bwahahah, we have always known that the BBC are corrupt and biased but to have Alex talk smack to them in public and refute their ludicrous reporting is just legendary! Many thanks for that!
    Robbie, from memory you were a maybe when I was last on this forum. Am I correct? And if I am, is your shift indicative of a shift amongst the Scottish people?

    I really hope you win. I am attending a rally in Cardiff in solidarity with Yes Scotland on Saturday.

    Also, I hope you have seen this from today. Pure class.

    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=720408611340179
  4. 11 Sep '14 19:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by PacMan
    Robbie, from memory you were a maybe when I was last on this forum. Am I correct? And if I am, is your shift indicative of a shift amongst the Scottish people?

    I really hope you win. I am attending a rally in Cardiff in solidarity with Yes Scotland on Saturday.

    Also, I hope you have seen this from today. Pure class.

    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=720408611340179
    When are you bringing back the empire? Are you on speed, how huv you got any? Pure Glasgow!

    Actually I cannot say to be honest, where I live there are many YES signs on peoples Windows but only one NO sign and I really cannot believe that the polls are so close I thought the YES vote would be way ahead.
  5. 11 Sep '14 19:22 / 1 edit
    That's what I hear from my Scottish sources, but they are certainly partisan so perhaps not a fair reflection. They think it's at least 60/40 yes.

    I would be amazed if you can win this with all the forces rallied against you. Amazed and in awe. Good luck, we'll be sitting up all night in our house with fingers crossed watching the results flood in and hoping to see Cameron and Nick Robinson cry.

    Even though I have the first round of a chess tournament the next day






    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUpIB282M80
  6. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    11 Sep '14 19:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by PacMan
    Next time the tory tw@t Nick Robibnson tries to talk down to someone, they should threaten to do a Salmond on him.

    http://wingsoverscotland.com/handed-back-on-a-plate/
    Awesome. I hope the vote for independence goes through.
  7. 12 Sep '14 18:55
    And here is how the BBC news covered the same thing.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enrdDaf3uss

    Pravda anyone?

    I reckon Wales should go independent too, then in a couple of years we can get back together but not invite England

    Then we can have a war - we've already got them surrounded
  8. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    12 Sep '14 23:37
    Originally posted by PacMan
    And here is how the BBC news covered the same thing.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enrdDaf3uss

    Pravda anyone?

    I reckon Wales should go independent too, then in a couple of years we can get back together but not invite England

    Then we can have a war - we've already got them surrounded
    Scots have three parliaments to vote for, counting that joke in Europe. They are funded by England. They are first class citizens in a country where the English, who can only vote for two parliaments are third class citizens. The Welsh and Londoners are second class citizens as they only have two parliaments and a school assembly to vote for. If the Scots wish to give that up then that's their look out. I for one will be pleased as then I'll be a second class citizen, unless I get some employment and can move back to London and have a School Assembly to vote for.
  9. 13 Sep '14 00:58
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Scots have three parliaments to vote for, counting that joke in Europe. They are funded by England. They are first class citizens in a country where the English, who can only vote for two parliaments are third class citizens. The Welsh and Londoners are second class citizens as they only have two parliaments and a school assembly to vote for. If the ...[text shortened]... unless I get some employment and can move back to London and have a School Assembly to vote for.
    we want our own national sovereignty, do you understand? we don't want to be part of a foreign and alien establishment that has NO relevance to us historically, linguistically nor culturally. It has nothing to do with class, we are a distinct and separate nation. How hard can that be to assimilate?
  10. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    13 Sep '14 01:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we want our own national sovereignty, do you understand? we don't want to be part of a foreign and alien establishment that has NO relevance to us historically, linguistically nor culturally. It has nothing to do with class, we are a distinct and separate nation. How hard can that be to assimilate?
    It was by a free vote of your historic parliament that you joined the Union with England. If you stopped blaming us for your woes and looked to yourselves then maybe your conditions would improve. What I fear more than anything is that your province seceeds and you continue to do that. If secession means you will act in that way I'm all for it, but already your SNP politicians are claiming they will be able to use my currency when you have left. This is not independence. If you vote to leave you leave. That means either the Euro or a Scots Pound. For that reason I think you should be allowed to seceed without debt. That way you can't blame us as you've been doing ever since the end of manufacturing industry in Britain.
  11. 13 Sep '14 09:11 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    It was by a free vote of your historic parliament that you joined the Union with England. If you stopped blaming us for your woes and looked to yourselves then maybe your conditions would improve. What I fear more than anything is that your province seceeds and you continue to do that. If secession means you will act in that way I'm all for it, but al ...[text shortened]... you can't blame us as you've been doing ever since the end of manufacturing industry in Britain.
    If it was a free vote can you tell us why the move was so unpopular in Scotland, in fact there were riots in Glasgow and Edinburgh. A free vote in the 1700's, interesting concept and no one is blaming you for anything, you are slobbering copious amounts of drool, we want out national sovereignty back, understand? we don't want to be part of a ludicrous concept of Britishness fostered on us from the last bastion of aristocracy, we want a modern democratic society, free from issues which have no relevance to us and ruled by a party that has a single seat in the entire nation.

    To date I have not heard a single credible reason why we should not be independent and instead we are treated to the type of drivel and ignorance that you portray here. Please don't make me smack you down like Alex did to Nick Robinson of the BBC who was also similarly portraying his ignorance and in public as well, the shame of it.
  12. 13 Sep '14 09:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    To date I have not heard a single credible reason why we should not be independent [...]
    How about this one: it costs money.
  13. Standard member redbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    13 Sep '14 09:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If it was a free vote can you tell us why the move was so unpopular in Scotland, in fact there were riots in Glasgow and Edinburgh. A free vote in the 1700's, interesting concept and no one is blaming you for anything, you are slobbering copious amounts of drool, we want out national sovereignty back, understand? we don't want to be part of a ludic ...[text shortened]... the BBC who was also similarly portraying his ignorance and in public as well, the shame of it.
    I think Deepthought had u on the ropes Robbie
  14. 13 Sep '14 09:43
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Awesome. I hope the vote for independence goes through.
    Why do you hope for it?
  15. Standard member redbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    13 Sep '14 09:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you hope for it?
    I hope Scotland becomes independent so we don't have to supplement their income bail out their banks England will be better off without the Scots Bums