Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 07:24
    @divegeester said
    406 constituencies vs 242. In a UK general election that’s a landslide, it’s game over for the losing party.

Do some research.

My point of course, as I obviously need to explain it, is that if the Brexit Party gets a candidate in each constituency it going to be fun and games here and I can’t wait.

Parliament could rue the day they didn’t pass May’s crappy deal.

Edit: as I said “power to the people”
    That's the first past the post malarkey I was talking about.
    Do some bloody research.

And in a general election that may be an option to judge success (which it shouldn't be), but a referendum is, per definition, 1 man 1 vote and nothing to do with constituencies.
    So your landslide conclusion is misleading. End of.
  2. Stargazing
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 07:411 edit
    @shavixmir said
    That's the first past the post malarkey I was talking about.
    Do some bloody research.

And in a general election that may be an option to judge success (which it shouldn't be), but a referendum is, per definition, 1 man 1 vote and nothing to do with constituencies.
    So your landslide conclusion is misleading. End of.
    Try reading people’s posts before shouting your big foul mouth off Shav.

I said, if the voting in the referendum was replicated by in a general election for a single party, I.e. the Brexit Party, it would be a landslide of the constituency breakdown above. That data is accurate, those are the votes by constituency for the referendum. You just don’t like it, which is amusing.
  3. Stargazing
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 07:48
    @zahlanzi said
    You wrote a lot of words unrelated to what i said. I specifically expressed my scepticism that 18 million people will vote for farage.

It has been explained, again and again, that the nigel is a racist and a liar, that the leave vote was split according to whatever vision each had and it's ludicrous to claim the leaver who believed Uk will be like Norway has anything in ...[text shortened]... a vote for the farage now, especially since more and more of his lies and racism have come to light.
    Everything I wrote was directed at you about you and about your posts. I don’t care about your scepticism, you talk complete nonsense most of the time anyway. I’m presenting you with facts.

No it has not been explained again and again, you and your buddies in this trough of left wing extremism, have failed over and over again to present any factual evidence that Farage is a racist. That’s because he isn’t. You just don’t like him.

Well let’s see shall we. You carry on calling Farage and me racists, Shav can keep telling people they are retards and to suck his anus and we can all watch what happens.

I read that the Brexit Party conference in Birmingham was attended by thousands and apparently Nigel Farage was “electric”.

Nevermind.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 08:52
    @divegeester said
    Everything I wrote was directed at you about you and about your posts. I don’t care about your scepticism, you talk complete nonsense most of the time anyway. I’m presenting you with facts.

No it has not been explained again and again, you and your buddies in this trough of left wing extremism, have failed over and over again to present any factual evidence that Fara ...[text shortened]... e in Birmingham was attended by thousands and apparently Nigel Farage was “electric”.

Nevermind.
    18 million people voting for Farage is not a fact. It's a prediction. And i presented an argument why it's a dumb prediction.

"have failed over and over again to present any factual evidence that Farage is a racist."
    Disagree. Plenty of evidence, you just dismissed it all.

"You carry on calling Farage and me racists"
    You are confused. I have no evidence you are racist and i haven't said that. You just support a racist and refuse to acknowledge clear evidence he is bigoted and racist. Let's just say that you are simply ignorant and a bit dumb.

"Shav can keep telling people they are retards and to suck his anus and we can all watch what happens. "
    We aren't talking about what a troll says. Just like with the "lies" of the remainers you feel you are making an awesome point by bringing to the front the worst troll from the other side. We don't think shav is in any way smart or funny, we have already said so.

"I read that the Brexit Party conference in Birmingham was attended by thousands and apparently Nigel Farage was “electric”. "
    Cool, you only need a few more thousands to reach 18 million. Of course he was electric. What does that has to do with being a racist and a liar? He has to have some charisma to fool people into following him, every demagogue you have heard of is electric and knows how to play to the fears of those that follow him, if he didn't you wouldn't have heard of him and he would be the drunk hobo screaming in the streets.
  5. Stargazing
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 09:051 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    18 million people voting for Farage is not a fact. It's a prediction. And i presented an argument why it's a dumb prediction.

"have failed over and over again to present any factual evidence that Farage is a racist."
    Disagree. Plenty of evidence, you just dismissed it all.

"You carry on calling Farage and me racists"
    You are confused. I have no evidence you are ...[text shortened]... if he didn't you wouldn't have heard of him and he would be the drunk hobo screaming in the streets.
    I’m not predicting anything, I’m saying if, suggesting . Big difference.

No ZERO evidence. There was pages of exchange on a while back which ended with me catching out for intellectual dishonesty.

I’m not confused at all. When words come out of your mouth and your brain hears them do they become truth somehow, or remain your opinions. If Farage is a racist prove it or shut the flip up. Jeez how many more times!

No let’s not just say that I’m a bit ignorant and dumb, lets say that you are a massive bellend. How’s that for “just saying”.

Shav is not a troll he’s a gobby arse who is also a bit of a friend. Who is “we”? Are you the spokesperson for this lot now then?

He’s a well educated (better than you obviously) member of the European Parliament. And his influence is going to increase.

That’s a prediction!
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 09:22
    @divegeester said
    Here is a reminder of reality:

Brexit referendum voting results:
    - there were 17.4 million for Leave compared to 16.1 million for Remain
    - 406 Leave constituencies versus 242
    - Leave won, unequivocally and by what would be called a “landslide” in a general election

Here is where the conflict arises:
    - 486 versus 160 MPs voted for Remain
    - In effect, this Rema ...[text shortened]... ’re upset ‘cos we lost” marches. Rallies and marches mean very little, it’s votes that count. VOTES.
    Well there’s the problem with first past the post, for an extra I.2 million votes you get 162 more parliamentary seats. Don’t call it democracy and pretend that democracy has been mortally wounded when 16 million people still demand a say in the future of our relationship with Europe and the wider world.
    Did you see the protests against Trump when he visited and who has Farage allied himself with. Good luck at the general election. All UKIP had was the xenophobic card and that’s been played to great effect during the referendum, unless the Brexit party is up against someone who is advocating freedom of movement their a busted flush.
  7. Stargazing
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 09:362 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well there’s the problem with first past the post, for an extra I.2 million votes you get 162 more parliamentary seats.
    Same system that provided UKIP with 1 seat when they got 15% of the vote. I don’t remember this forum being awash with your tears of righteous indignation then.

Thank you for wishing us luck; however as it is with “we’re upset ‘cos we lost” marches and online petitions, luck won’t come into it. Nor will all the handwringing and bitchmoaning in this forum.

It is VOTES that matter and if the referendum vote would be anywhere near repeated for a new brexit orientated revolutionary party in a general election...it would be a parliamentary landslide booting around 400 all these lazy asholes out of the commons and setting the UK on the right track.

Power to the people’s vote... 🙂
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 10:531 edit
    @divegeester said
    Same system that provided UKIP with 1 seat when they got 15% of the vote. I don’t remember this forum being awash with your tears of righteous indignation then.

Thank you for wishing us luck; however as it is with “we’re upset ‘cos we lost” marches and online petitions, luck won’t come into it. Nor will all the handwringing and bitchmoaning in this forum.

It is VOT ...[text shortened]... sholes out of the commons and setting the UK on the right track.

Your frustration is very evident and understandable; the vote was won, the people who bothered to turn up to vote voted for 'Brexit', and if only life were that simple. The way I see it, which is only one way of seeing it, the UK and her economy could go to hell in a handcart if that's what the people really want. We could foul up relations with our closest trading partners, and we may or we may not emerge from it all smelling of roses, who really knows? The thing is, and I know I'm beginning to sound like a freaking parrot, the Irish border problem. If we bang out without a deal, however unpopular and otherwise unsatisfactory that deal might be for both sides of the great divide, the border has to go up across Ireland, which not only does very bad things for the Irish people, it contravenes the Good Friday agreement and sets us in conflict with America. I mean right now America = Mr Trump, but with a bit of luck that won't always be the case. So there really has to be deal which takes Ireland into account, which will no doubt preoccupy the thoughts of Mrs May as she tramps the Welsh hills and valleys.
    If we're going to 'Brexit', which I assume we are, I think we should stay in the customs union, keep the Irish border open and continue to trade with gay abandon with the rest of the EU, and spend as long as it takes to take a deep and contemplative breath.
    Mr Farage and his one - issue party would not, I think, win a general election, and I think the Tories would suffer the most. Labour is currently well ahead in the polls, so we might get Mr Corbyn (the 'known Marxist'😉, and peoples' opinions will no doubt differ as regards to that particular scenario.
    And by the way, I still don't think you're a racist.
    Edit; Another one of those bloody smileys has turned up, and I can't remember how to stop that happening, but I didn't put it there!
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 11:07
    @divegeester said

It is VOT ...[text shortened]... sholes out of the commons and setting the UK on the right track.

Not gonna happen but dream on. The Brexit BS is there for everyone to see, it’s supported by the most right wing monocled farts in the land.
    Brexit will happen but we’ll stay in the customs union and we’ll keep our employment rights out of Mogg and Farages talons. People are a lot more aware of the consequences of extreme Brexit and nobody voted for it in the first place, they voted to end freedom of movement, job done.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 12:37
    @indonesia-phil said
    Your frustration is very evident and understandable; the vote was won, the people who bothered to turn up to vote voted for 'Brexit', and if only life were that simple. The way I see it, which is only one way of seeing it, the UK and her economy could go to hell in a handcart if that's what the people really want. We could foul up relations with our closest trading par ...[text shortened]... y smileys has turned up, and I can't remember how to stop that happening, but I didn't put it there!
    (Indonesia-Phil replied to Divegeester.)

"Another one of those bloody smileys has turned up, and I can't remember how to stop that happening"
    --Indonesia Phil

Insert a space between the ' and ) .
  11. Stargazing
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 12:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    Not gonna happen but dream on. The Brexit BS is there for everyone to see, it’s supported by the most right wing monocled farts in the land.
    Brexit will happen but we’ll stay in the customs union and we’ll keep our employment rights out of Mogg and Farages talons. People are a lot more aware of the consequences of extreme Brexit and nobody voted for it in the first place, they voted to end freedom of movement, job done.
    The remainer BS is right there for everyone to see, it’s supported by the biggest scaremongering campaign in history.

Brexit will happen, it could have already happened if it wasn’t for remainer politicians not representing their constituents.

People are being scared to death by the Remain establishment and fear is not going to hold it together for you.

The UK will be far better off out of the EU which IS what people voted for.

Job done.
  12. Stargazing
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 12:543 edits
    @indonesia-phil said
    Your frustration is very evident and understandable; the vote was won, the people who bothered to turn up to vote voted for 'Brexit', and if only life were that simple. The way I see it, which is only one way of seeing it, the UK and her economy could go to hell in a handcart if that's what the people really want. We could foul up relations with our closest trading par ...[text shortened]... y smileys has turned up, and I can't remember how to stop that happening, but I didn't put it there!
    Well I know what you want, but you gave up your vote when you decided to emigrate to Indonesia. So really all you have is rhetoric. It’s VOTES that matter and there iro 17 million of them out there waiting to vote for the Brexit Party. Getting upset with me is as pointless as joining the “we’re upset ‘cos we lost” march.

Edit as for the Irish border, if the EU won’t strike a deal then controlling movement of their goods across borders becomes at least 50% their problem and I would suggest they get their thinking caps on a s their wallets out as to how they intend to manage it. If the Irish want to break EU law and smuggle goods across in defiance of their Brussels overlords then good for them.
  13. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 13:051 edit
    @divegeester said
    The remainer BS is right there for everyone to see, it’s supported by the biggest scaremongering campaign in history.

Brexit will happen, it could have already happened if it wasn’t for remainer politicians not representing their constituents.

People are being scared to death by the Remain establishment and fear is not going to hold it together for you.

Job done.
    At last a proper expert on brexit and the EU and not one of those idiots in charge of Nissan or the Bank of England ect.
    Could you explain the Schengen Area again?
  14. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 13:12
    @divegeester said
    Well I know what you want, but you gave up your vote when you decided to emigrate to Indonesia. So really all you have is rhetoric. It’s VOTES that matter and there iro 17 million of them out there waiting to vote for the Brexit Party. Getting upset with me is as pointless as joining the “we’re upset ‘cos we lost” march.

Edit as for the Irish border, if the EU won’t st ...[text shortened]... to break EU law and smuggle goods across in defiance of their Brussels overlords then good for them.
    Come on Mr Expert - what is your solution to the problem with the Irish border?
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 13:28
    @divegeester said

Job done.
    No fear at all, we are Brits, we don’t scare that easy and we don’t let the stupid one drive the bus, will the extreme Brexiteers move to back please.
    A couple of good things that might come out of this little England’s fiasco is a united Ireland and descent class war on the mainland now the ruling class have been displayed in all their glorious stupidity.