Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member vivify
    rain
    04 Sep '16 02:48
    Doesn't it seem like not that longer ago, we were just talking about him? He got out of jail in time to enjoy the last days of summer and go to a cookout for the holiday.

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/02/us/brock-turner-release-jail/
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    04 Sep '16 04:34
    Originally posted by vivify
    Doesn't it seem like not that longer ago, we were just talking about him? He got out of jail in time to enjoy the last days of summer and go to a cookout for the holiday.

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/02/us/brock-turner-release-jail/
    And plan his next victim.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Sep '16 04:43
    Hopefully he'll comply with his conditions of probation and be rehabilitated as a productive member of society.
  4. 04 Sep '16 06:11
    a white boy with money
    he'll be fine
  5. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    04 Sep '16 07:51
    Who is he?
  6. 04 Sep '16 09:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Hopefully he'll comply with his conditions of probation and be rehabilitated as a productive member of society.
    but if he doesn't, sucks to be her
  7. 04 Sep '16 11:37
    What kind of a name is Brock? Is it short for Broccoli?
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Sep '16 11:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    What kind of a name is Brock? Is it short for Broccoli?
    Brock is derived from a Celtic word meaning badger. In 1995, when Brock Turner was born, it was the #312th most popular baby name in the US.http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-brock-756.htm
  9. 04 Sep '16 11:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Brock is derived from a Celtic word meaning badger. In 1995, when Brock Turner was born, it was the #312th most popular baby name in the US.http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-brock-756.htm
    interesting
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    04 Sep '16 11:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Brock is derived from a Celtic word meaning badger. In 1995, when Brock Turner was born, it was the #312th most popular baby name in the US.http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-brock-756.htm
    A gaelic word, you mean?
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    04 Sep '16 11:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    but if he doesn't, sucks to be her
    If he does, it still sucks to be her.
  12. 04 Sep '16 11:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    A gaelic word, you mean?
    The less common name brock (Old English: brocc), (Scots: brock) is a Celtic loanword (cf. Gaelic broc and Welsh broch, from Proto-Celtic *brokkos) meaning "grey"

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badger
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    04 Sep '16 11:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The less common name brock (Old English: brocc), (Scots: brock) is a Celtic loanword (cf. Gaelic broc and Welsh broch, from Proto-Celtic *brokkos) meaning "grey"

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badger
    So is that P or Q gaelic?
  14. Standard member vivify
    rain
    04 Sep '16 12:12 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Who is he?
    Remember in your "Good News" thread, when you posted that California closed a loophole that reduced sentences for rapists if the victim didn't struggle? Turner is one of those rapists who benefited from that loophole.
  15. 04 Sep '16 12:13
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    So is that P or Q gaelic?
    dunno