Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 02:021 edit
    For all Americans who voted for Trump or think he is doing a good job, can you really be happy when the most powerful elected official in the world acts like a tin pot dictator pointing and clearly having a melt down because a journalist has the nerve to ask a question instead of showering lavish fawning praise over what Trump considers to be newsworthy for the day.

Are you guys tired of winning under this third world regime yet?

Edit, I'm referring to Trump's spat with Jim Acosta of CNN, and the Whitehouse revoking Jim's credentials.
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 06:45
    @kmax87 said
    For all Americans who voted for Trump or think he is doing a good job, can you really be happy when the most powerful elected official in the world acts like a tin pot dictator pointing and clearly having a melt down because a journalist has the nerve to ask a question instead of showering lavish fawning praise over what Trump considers to be newsworthy for the day.

Are yo ...[text shortened]... I'm referring to Trump's spat with Jim Acosta of CNN, and the Whitehouse revoking Jim's credentials.
    And accusing the reporter of tit grabbing (or something).

I mean, what the hell??
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 07:21
    @kmax87 said

Are yo ...[text shortened]... I'm referring to Trump's spat with Jim Acosta of CNN, and the Whitehouse revoking Jim's credentials.
    Judging by the scene, if Pres. Trump is deemed to have had a meltdown, then Acosta would be in this same boat. But, frankly, I think that neither had a meltdown.

Pres. Trump was curt with Acosta, and Acosta was bringing up a topic that had been beaten to death by the media, and I do believe it is clear that he was using the opportunity to grandstand a bit. Acosta has something of a history of this. For instance, there were memorable exchanges during the Korea summit:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/31732/watch-cnns-jim-acosta-interrupts-historic-signing-ryan-saavedra

This guy follows him around and has done rather inappropriate and abrasive things.

He lost his press credentials because he literally was then disrupting the meeting and not listening to the words of the President of the United States when he was being told to follow what amounted to proper press conference protocol.

Is this some awesome exchange in which I think both parties look like shining stars? No, of course not, but to say that Pres. Trump is a bully or way out of line, I think, ignores the context.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 09:05
    @philokalia said
    but to say that Pres. Trump is a bully or way out of line, I think, ignores the context.
    The context is that Trump is the President of the USA.one
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:48
    @kmax87 said

He wasn't asking a question he was lecturing, the rest can be watched as to what
    he did its recorded.
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:10
    I watched it all, twice.

I saw Jim Acosta acting like a provocateur and then complaining about it when he got smacked down hard.

What else is to take away from this?
  7. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:23
    @kmax87 said

most powerful elected official in the world acts like a tin pot dictator-

JMHO - He would require improvement to reach the level of a "tin pot dictator" Frankly I don't think he's even capable of that!
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:40
    @philokalia said
    Judging by the scene, if Pres. Trump is deemed to have had a meltdown, then Acosta would be in this same boat. But, frankly, I think that neither had a meltdown.

Pres. Trump was curt with Acosta, and Acosta was bringing up a topic that had been beaten to death by the media, and I do believe it is clear that he was using the opportunity to grandstand a bit. Acosta has s ...[text shortened]... course not, but to say that Pres. Trump is a bully or way out of line, I think, ignores the context.
    Name any recent Commander in Chief that would have stabbed the air like a petulant schoolboy because the big bad journalist was asking questions that were to awkward to answer.

It beggars belief that any such a powerful world leader would behave in such a childish way. Where is the sense of him being the Leader of the Free World, when the best he can do at a press conference is behave as if he's at a base rally.

Are you embarrassed enough yet?
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:45
    @kellyjay said
    He wasn't asking a question he was lecturing, the rest can be watched as to what
    he did its recorded.
    Exactly. I watched it, what do you watch?

Trump being abrasive and rude? Oh I suppose his politically incorrect shtick works well with his loyal nationalists, but really, this is the calibre of who represents you around the world and you don't even feel the slightest bit of cringe?
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 13:18
    @kmax87 said
    Name any recent Commander in Chief that would have stabbed the air like a petulant schoolboy because the big bad journalist was asking questions that were to awkward to answer.

It beggars belief that any such a powerful world leader would behave in such a childish way. Where is the sense of him being the Leader of the Free World, when the best he can do at a press conference is behave as if he's at a base rally.

Are you embarrassed enough yet?
    How were they awkward to answer? It was the same failed message about the caravan -- a caravan that has actually rallied the Republican base.

None of this was awkward or hard to answer.

And when Acosta wanted to escalate the situation, it escalated.

I honestly do not see why you would be surprised or shocked or think anyone is a bully from this.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 13:56
    and just like that...the left thinks it is ok to assault a woman.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 14:54
    @mott-the-hoople said
    and just like that...the left thinks it is ok to assault a woman.
    After what occurred at the Kavanaugh hearings, you either have a lot of huevos for going there, or you're just an idiot. I'm gonna go with the latter; it just seems more likely.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 16:51
    @philokalia said
    I watched it all, twice.

I saw Jim Acosta acting like a provocateur and then complaining about it when he got smacked down hard.

What else is to take away from this?
    The White House sharing a doctored InfoWars clip about the incident might be noteworthy.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 17:411 edit
    @philokalia said

Pres. Trump was curt with Acosta, and Acosta was bringing up a topic that had been beaten to death by the media, and I do believe it is clear that he was using the opportunity to grandstand a bit. Acosta has s ...[text shortened]... course not, but to say that Pres. Trump is a bully or way out of line, I think, ignores the context.
    Now that you've framed Acosta nicely, then one can deduce that Trump's behaviour in responding to this unruly reporter was lacking in civility.

He did lower himself to Acosta's level after all.
    Not very presidential, is it ?
    And what was with Trump listing the Republican candidates that lost their elections.
    Because they didn't embrace the phenomenal Donald !!
    To quote (not entirely word for word)...
    "They didn't embrace me. They lost. Too bad !!"
    What a buffoon !!

This press briefing was a train wreck !!
    Not because of one reporter (there were others in the room that Trump vented at).
    But because of Trump himself !!
    He is a disgrace to the decorum that is expected at a press briefing in the White House.

This has long ago stopped being about policy or which direction your great country should take.
    Some issues are actually worth debating openly.
    But the debate itself has long been washed away by the circus atmosphere that has been created by this cartoon character.
    That some members of the media can become persistent and even unruly is a measure of the playing field that has been created by this idiot !

He is completely out of his comfort zone in any setting requiring any reasonable level of decorum and classy behavior.
    Time for him to set out on another set of campaign style rallies where he will feel right at home.

LOCK HER UP !! LOCK HER UP !! 😉
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 19:36
    @kmax87 said

That and saying to that black lady reporter, That's racist. It seems there is more to that story than meets the eye, it was planned in advance, Trump planned for a confrontation as a distraction to the loss of the house and draw attention away from the caravan but CNN didn't bite and make a huge story out of it like Trump wanted, he wanted all eyes to be focused on that story so he could distract away from the real news, that Trump SUCKS.