Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    05 Jan '16 22:31
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Please don't ignore that at the moment Trump proposed it, it was a temporary measure, at most. The media, Instantly altered it to be a long term, almost permanent proposal.

    As that media depiction continued, support generally diminished to the polls that you now cite. I truly hope that most sincere and rational Americans, after Muslim terrorist acts ...[text shortened]... ion. Neither Trump, nor anyone else, has said Muslim immigration should be permanently stopped.
    The polls specifically refer to "suspending" Muslim immigration. Actually Trump went further then that (he even wanted to bar Muslim tourists), so the poll questions understated the nature of his proposal. Blaming the rejection of extremist right wing ideas on "the media" is standard right wing BS.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    05 Jan '16 23:061 edit
    Nornbenign - Please, don't insult anyone's intelligence.

    So...which is the greater crime. An extra marital affair, or sending 4,000+ Americans to needless deaths? (I know this might be difficult for you, so take your time!)

    I won't insult your intelligence, since you don't have any!
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    05 Jan '16 23:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    norm: There was no deregulation prior to the 2008 crash.

    You really do exist in your own plane of reality. In fairness, most of the deregulation that triggered the crash occurred before GW became President though he and most conservative Republicans were strong proponents of such deregulation.
    no1marauder - Please don't confuse Norm with the facts, he likes it in his own plane of reality.
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Jan '16 06:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you bothered to read the link, you'd have found only 25% support it in that poll which is consistent with the Monmouth survey I later cited.
    If 57% oppose then the other 43% do not oppose. If you abstain then you are essentially saying its OK with you even if you don't actively want it to be done.
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Jan '16 06:17
    Originally posted by bill718
    twhitehead - You underestimate just how many ignorant fools there are in the USA. This is the that country elected a man who sat on his rump reading stories to children while airplanes were being flown into the world trade towers, then had the gall to spread lies about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as a threat to American security...a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks, and posed no threat to American security, and why?
    Yes, I was surprised how many ignorant fools believe those lies. But I must point out that what Bush was doing when 9/11 happened does not reflect badly on his character (quite the opposite in fact) and many americans were perfectly well aware that the lies about Iraq were lies but wanted the war anyway (for several reasons including oil). There may be many ignorant fools in the US, but there are even more selfish people. I can see that some of them would have supported Trump because he is likely to have very selfish economic policies, but I think they will see that he would make an absolute mess of things.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13066
    06 Jan '16 06:224 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, I was surprised how many ignorant fools believe those lies. But I must point out that what Bush was doing when 9/11 happened does not reflect badly on his character (quite the opposite in fact) and many americans were perfectly well aware that the lies about Iraq were lies but wanted the war anyway (for several reasons including oil). There may be ma ...[text shortened]... fish economic policies, but I think they will see that he would make an absolute mess of things.
    The main mistakes Bush made was not taking control of the oil and for not dividing Iraq into three countries. Obama made so many mistakes it would take a book to list them all. Someone has already listed 100 mistakes Obama made in his first 100 days of office. 😏

    As Donald Trump would say, "Obama is a complete disaster." 😀

    YouTube
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    06 Jan '16 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If 57% oppose then the other 43% do not oppose. If you abstain then you are essentially saying its OK with you even if you don't actively want it to be done.
    That's ridiculous; you can't impute support for an idea when people simply say they are undecided based on the information they have. In fact, it would be more logical to say that because only 25% support it then 75% don't support changing the status quo.
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Jan '16 12:55
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's ridiculous; you can't impute support for an idea when people simply say they are undecided based on the information they have.
    And in my second post (that you are replying to) I did not claim that they support it. I said they do not oppose it. And what it the 'based on the information they have' bit? Are you saying that a large percentage simply didn't understand the question? Or is there more information to have in relation to this?

    In fact, it would be more logical to say that because only 25% support it then 75% don't support changing the status quo.
    Both would be true. ie that 43% do not oppose and 75% do not support. My issue with the 43% who do not oppose. If you lived in South Africa during apartheid and simply said you had no opinion on the matter then I find that despicable. Saying 'but I didn't support it' is no excuse.
  9. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Jan '16 12:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As Donald Trump would say, "Obama is a complete disaster." 😀
    Well that's good news for Obama. Trump is like whodey in that almost anything he says is practically guaranteed to be false.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    80175
    06 Jan '16 13:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well that's good news for Obama. Trump is like whodey in that almost anything he says is practically guaranteed to be false.
    Given that Obama is in his second term I'd imagine he's indifferent to what Trump says unless it causes an international incident.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13066
    07 Jan '16 02:57
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Given that Obama is in his second term I'd imagine he's indifferent to what Trump says unless it causes an international incident.
    Obama believes the hipe that he is the messiah and king. 😏

    YouTube
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    07 Jan '16 10:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Obama believes the hipe that he is the messiah and king. 😏

    [youtube]TKlVtHJzvwQ[/youtube]
    As opposed to Trump, who KNOWS he is the messiah and king.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13066
    08 Jan '16 05:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As opposed to Trump, who KNOWS he is the messiah and king.
    Where is the video?
Back to Top