Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Nov '10 19:45
    Sad.
    According to POLITICO, the staff members of Democrats who got slaughtered are being visited by all kinds of support professionals (you know, resume advice folks, so that they can land on their feet).
    But also this...
    But one of the staffers was described as a "counselor" to help with the emotional aspect of the loss — and a section in the packet each staffer was given dealt with the stages of grief (for instance, Stage One being anger, and so on).
    Said one staffer: "It was like it was about death."

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

http://www.businessinsider.com/grief-counselors-visit-the-offices-of-emotionally-distraught-congressional-democrats-2010-11
  2. 09 Nov '10 19:51
    And?
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    09 Nov '10 19:54
    He simply hates them so...viscerally - he HATES them. Not just disagrees, but hates them and wants them to suffer. He's kicking them while they're down basically. Uther's a sick puppy.
  4. 09 Nov '10 19:56
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Sad.
    According to POLITICO, the staff members of Democrats who got slaughtered are being visited by all kinds of support professionals (you know, resume advice folks, so that they can land on their feet).
    But also this...
    But one of the staffers was described as a "counselor" to help with the emotional aspect of the loss — and a section in the pack ...[text shortened]... f-emotionally-distraught-congressional-democrats-2010-11
    With Obamacare up and running do doubt they will get the best professional help available!!
  5. 09 Nov '10 20:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He simply hates them so...viscerally - he HATES them. Not just disagrees, but hates them and wants them to suffer. He's kicking them while they're down basically. Uther's a sick puppy.
    Yep! The ol" head stomp on the curb trick portrayed in your favorite movie ATY!!!
  6. 09 Nov '10 20:20
    Sad.
    But also this...
    But one of the staffers was described as a "counselor" to help with the emotional aspect of the loss — and a section in the pack ...[text shortened]... f-emotionally-distraught-congressional-democrats-2010-11
    Why is this a matter of so much concern to you?
  7. 09 Nov '10 20:26
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Why is this a matter of so much concern to you?
    I find it hilarious!!!!!
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Nov '10 22:05
    Sad.
    But also this...
    Which numbered stage is:

Wow, folks! We really got our butts kicked!

?
  9. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    14 Nov '10 15:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    can't be, he smiles at my comments!
  10. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    14 Nov '10 15:51 / 1 edit
    Kmax for the win!

...because before this post of mine he was the last poster on every thread on the first page. Quite an achievement!
  11. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    14 Nov '10 17:13 / 1 edit
    Sad.
    But also this...
    But one of the staffers was described as a "counselor" to help with the emotional aspect of the loss — and a section in the pack f-emotionally-distraught-congressional-democrats-2010-11
    I'm sure it makes you happy to report this stuff, but emotions aside, the Republicans did not make the massive gains they wished for in these mid term elections. The G O P managed to win back the house by a fairly comfortable margin, but there plans to retake the Senate fell short. Americans still have vivid memories of the G O P's poster boy, George W Bush who managed to turn a half trillion dollar federal surplus into a massive deficit, so don't start icing the champagne just yet. This was not an endorsement of the Republican party.
  12. 14 Nov '10 18:10
    I find it hilarious!!!!!
    there are many things in this world which I find hilarious (whodey being one of them) but that doesn't mean I have to start a thread on each and every one of them purely for my own enjoyment.
  13. 14 Nov '10 19:24
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm sure it makes you happy to report this stuff, but emotions aside, the Republicans did not make the massive gains they wished for in these mid term elections. The G O P managed to win back the house by a fairly comfortable margin, but there plans to retake the Senate fell short. Americans still have vivid memories of the G O P's poster boy, George W Bush ...[text shortened]... t start icing the champagne just yet. This was not an endorsement of the Republican party.
    You forget the Gubernatorial Races. And the redistricting that will be done and how the Republicans will hold the House at least until 2020.
  14. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    14 Nov '10 22:12
    You forget the Gubernatorial Races. And the redistricting that will be done and how the Republicans will hold the House at least until 2020.
    Dream on Uther!
  15. 14 Nov '10 22:37
    Bureaucrats deciding election results, just what the Founding Fathers wanted.