Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:23
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm sorry, when did he write an Executive Order for this?

Everyone ignores Trump and the courts are ready to pounce on him at any moment.
    Yes, Trump tried to pass fascist laws, but failed; therefore, he's not fascist?

Is Trump not allowed to freely express his views?

Trump expressing views = "I don't like protests during the national anthem."
    Trump being Fascistic = "Those who protest during the national anthem should be punished."

Those in big business, including the entertainment industry, all know they must side with Progressives to keep the money flowing cuz being PC means they will do business with you.

Let them all beat their girl friends and wives

A league that regularly lets convicted wife beaters and drug users is being "PC"? If your claim was true, why do these women beaters have jobs? Clearly, you're wrong.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:31
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    The steelers are an exclusively 'black' team?
    No they are not, but the players jointly decided to boycott the anthem today.

That's why they are a "team".
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:33
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The NFL should just make it policy that teams take the field after the national anthem.

But then I don't watch much football now so I really don't care.
    Whatever policy the NFL wants has to be agreed to with the players in their collective bargaining agreement. There is no rule that players have to do anything specific during the national anthem.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 00:56
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/a358fd38-5c8d-3311-b261-83ca09f3c4d4/ss_look%3A-one-steelers-player.html

The entire Steeler NFL team boycotted the national anthem to protest Trump.....except for one lone US veteran on the team.

I say America needs to boycott the NFL and make them all get real jobs. Let them all beat their girl friends and wives in poverty rather than with rich lawyers to hide behind.
    Two other teams did the same thing. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20801902/pittsburgh-steelers-remain-locker-room-national-anthem

It is misleading to say the actions were merely to "protest Trump" - though you and he might think the entire universe revolves around King Donald I, the players have made it clear that their actions were in solidarity with the players who expressed views regarding racial discrimination and other issues before Trump became President. That he decided to pander to a right wing crowd in Alabama by attacking black players for exercising their free speech rights in the US and suggesting that their employers illegally fire them for expressing their views certainly threw fuel on the fire (as did his attacks on NBA players for not wanting the "honor" of giving him a photo op) but it's really not all about him.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:01
    The NFL should just make it policy that teams take the field after the national anthem.

But then I don't watch much football now so I really don't care.
    No, the NFL should just do away with the national anthem and put up a statue if Carl Marx and call it a day.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:04
    No, the NFL should just do away with the national anthem and put up a statue if Carl Marx and call it a day.
    Or maybe fascists like Trump and yourself shouldn't advocate punishment for people who don't treat a ritual in the same manner you would like them to.

Just a thought.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:11
    Not sure how the national anthem got caught up in sports anyhow. It is just a kid's game.

Seeing the state of this country and its moral bankruptcy, this is a non issue anyhow.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:19
    Not sure how the national anthem got caught up in sports anyhow. It is just a kid's game.

Seeing the state of this country and its moral bankruptcy, this is a non issue anyhow.
    Yet, the President of the United States thought it was important enough to rabble rouse it in a rally in Alabama. I heard some people parroting the same line while I was out watching football today.

Resentment towards POC making money seems to sell in the alt-right universe if they are not sufficiently toady to satisfy the Trumps and whodeys of the world.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:34
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Whatever policy the NFL wants has to be agreed to with the players in their collective bargaining agreement. There is no rule that players have to do anything specific during the national anthem.
    You really are a piece of work.
  10. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:46
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/a358fd38-5c8d-3311-b261-83ca09f3c4d4/ss_look%3A-one-steelers-player.html

The entire Steeler NFL team boycotted the national anthem to protest Trump.....except for one lone US veteran on the team.

I say America needs to boycott the NFL and make them all get real jobs. Let them all beat their girl friends and wives in poverty rather than with rich lawyers to hide behind.
    Good for them, they are true American patriots. Unlike the treasonous Russian Dump.
  11. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:461 edit
    You really are a piece of work.
    So is you mom for raising someone like YOU!.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 01:51
    No they are not, but the players jointly decided to boycott the anthem today.

That's why they are a "team".
    My question was referring to duchess introducing the race card, something she does with monotonous tedious clichéd regularity, when race had not been mentioned.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 02:02
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    My question was referring to duchess introducing the race card, something she does with monotonous tedious clichéd regularity, when race had not been mentioned.
    The initial impetus for action (or non-action) during the anthem by certain NFL players was because of their wish to express opposition to policies that disadvantage blacks in the US. Virtually all players who have done so have been black. Donald Trump clearly knows this and is appealing to racists by his sudden interest in this matter (which has been going on for more than a year).
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 02:09
    The initial impetus for action (or non-action) during the anthem by certain NFL players was because of their wish to express opposition to policies that disadvantage blacks in the US. Virtually all players who have done so have been black. Donald Trump clearly knows this and is appealing to racists by his sudden interest in this matter (which has been going on for more than a year).
    They should be taking a knee for all those asian kids who are being unfairly kept out of the nfl and nba.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 02:09

Politics swallows everything.

As conservatives, we are to revere the national anthem as the state systematically murders millions of unborn children, but then protest it only when orange man takes over.

If Obama were President, this never would have happened. They would be pleased as punch. It's an orange thingy.