Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    27 Jul '16 10:42
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/bernie-sanders-just-realized-he-might-get-trump-elected/


    This is for the people who, as the article puts it, are "willing to elect a human grease fire because their favorite guy lost".



    "We've seen this story play out before in a wealthy, well-educated country. You already know the example I'm going to use, and you're going to groan. Hear me out, this isn't a "Trump is literally Hitler!" thing.

    From 1919 to 1932, the Social Democratic party was the largest, vote-gettingest political party in Germany. And in 1932, despite this, Adolph Hitler rose to power and purged the [crap] out of them. The Nazis are generally portrayed as rising to power on a wave of angry popular support, but as I've pointed out before, they never won more than 42 percent of the vote. Most Germans were actually in agreement that Hitler, and Nazism in general, was a bad idea. They just couldn't agree on anything else. The Communists refused to compromise with the Social Democrats, the Social Democrats refused to compromise with the regular Democrats, etc.

    Everyone voted for the very narrow parties, and candidates, who spoke to them as farm workers or factory laborers or whatever job it is you do while wearing lederhosen. The vast majority of decent people picked the candidates who most spoke to them, and the craziest 40 percent of the country went with the angry, shouting guy. Maybe this sounds like Godwinning, but I'm pretty damn sure Sanders himself has the same fear. Late yesterday, he sent out an email pleading for his supporters to stop disrupting the convention. And during that speech in front of the delegates, I caught a glimpse of the fear on his face when it became clear his attempt to get everyone "Ready for Hillary" had failed."
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65530
    27 Jul '16 10:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/bernie-sanders-just-realized-he-might-get-trump-elected/


    This is for the people who, as the article puts it, are "willing to elect a human grease fire because their favorite guy lost".



    "We've seen this story play out before in a wealthy, well-educated country. You already know the example I'm going to use, and you're ...[text shortened]... ar on his face when it became clear his attempt to get everyone "Ready for Hillary" had failed."
    Start a cracked thread and put all your cracked stuff in it, instead of spamming the board with your cracked stuff.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    27 Jul '16 10:48
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Start a cracked thread and put all your cracked stuff in it, instead of spamming the board with your cracked stuff.
    a well thought and objective statement, that addresses the substance of the issue and doesn't questions its validity by attacking the source material.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65530
    27 Jul '16 10:54
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    a well thought and objective statement, that addresses the substance of the issue and doesn't questions its validity by attacking the source material.
    It was none of those things you mentioned, you are incorrect, it was a simple request that you collect all your humor pieces in one place instead of spamming up the board.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    27 Jul '16 10:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/bernie-sanders-just-realized-he-might-get-trump-elected/


    This is for the people who, as the article puts it, are "willing to elect a human grease fire because their favorite guy lost".



    "We've seen this story play out before in a wealthy, well-educated country. You already know the example I'm going to use, and you're ...[text shortened]... ar on his face when it became clear his attempt to get everyone "Ready for Hillary" had failed."
    So if I vote Hitler will he at least secure the border and give us jobs?
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    27 Jul '16 13:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/bernie-sanders-just-realized-he-might-get-trump-elected/


    This is for the people who, as the article puts it, are "willing to elect a human grease fire because their favorite guy lost".



    "We've seen this story play out before in a wealthy, well-educated country. You already know the example I'm going to use, and you're ...[text shortened]... ar on his face when it became clear his attempt to get everyone "Ready for Hillary" had failed."
    Your disclaimer notwithstanding, "vote for Hillary, because if you vote for Jill Stein, you're actually voting for Hitler" (not literally what you said, but figuratively) is a type of moral blackmail.

    People should vote for whomever they think is best for whatever reasons they like.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    27 Jul '16 13:52
    YouTube

    Bernie Sanders to bernie or bust bros:
    "It is easy to boo, but it is harder to look your children in the eye who would be living under a Trump presidency"
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    27 Jul '16 13:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    Your disclaimer notwithstanding, "vote for Hillary, because if you vote for Jill Stein, you're actually voting for Hitler" (not literally what you said, but figuratively) is a type of moral blackmail.

    People should vote for whomever they think is best for whatever reasons they like.
    ""vote for Hillary, because if you vote for Jill Stein, you're actually voting for Hitler" (not literally what you said, but figuratively) is a type of moral blackmail."

    "don't vote for the guy who has fascist ideas" is moral blackmail now? do you understand what blackmail is? since when is pointing out a candidate's known shortcomings (and what a shortcoming this is) blackmail?
Back to Top