Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 03:40
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I have no hope of persuading an ignorant bigot like yourself that invidious discrimination is wrong. Your lack of any type of moral compass has been made quite clear. But government should not be in the business of supporting such ignorant prejudices and the fact that it once did because it dominated by people who held such irrational, hate filled belie ...[text shortened]... es their prejudices on some ancient writings to accuse someone else of an "appeal to authority".
    >Ignorant
    >Bigot
    Yeah, none of that is an argument. Keep flapping your wings and clucking like a mother hen, though, and you will keep getting the +1s from your chicks.

It is also interesting to point out that segregation is something that was abolished but still exists de facto in many places.

... And that some of these featured rainbow nations are falling apart. Cities that are new to being multikulti are falling apart, like Paris and Malmo.

... and the italian vote yesterday shows that my perspectives are rising again.

I have a superior moral compass to you, Marauder, because I am sympathetic and loving to people but also remember that reality has its limitations.
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 03:58
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Very deceptive title -- exceedingly so.

This deals with the rights of a private organization to work within the ideals that they have.

So, a Catholic or Islamic adoption agency does not have to arrange an adoption for a gay couple.

You would prefer a scenario where a local adoption agency, which perhaps even largley operates as a charity, is forced to do this sort of business?
    Does the bill allow people to refuse Christians adoption?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 04:33
    You know what that business is, Suzianne. 🙂

It's in the thread title.
    So, you mean the sort of business that treats gay people like human beings?

That sort of business?
  4. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 05:13
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Does the bill allow people to refuse Christians adoption?
    Not that bill.

But stuff like that happens in Europe, of course, because if you believe in Christ that means that you deny things that the world loves:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-489285/Foster-child-taken-away-Christian-couple-refuse-teach-homosexuality.html
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 05:15
    It is also important to note, my dear friends, that at rue Libertarian who is tripping over himself to uphold the Constitution would fully support some private enterprise that denied aodption to Christians.

And this would not even have to be a cartoonish example.

It could simply be a Muslim charity that facilitates adoptions denying adoptions to all non-Muslims as it is the wishes of those mothers and fathers giving their children up that they be raised by a Muslim couple.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 05:461 edit
    It is also important to note, my dear friends, that at rue Libertarian who is tripping over himself to uphold the Constitution would fully support some private enterprise that denied aodption to Christians.

And this would not even have to be a cartoonish example.

It could simply be a Muslim charity that facilitates adoptions denying adoptions to a ...[text shortened]... es of those mothers and fathers giving their children up that they be raised by a Muslim couple.
    You're not being honest. You full well that this has nothing to do with "religious rights". It has everything to do with promoting fundamentalist Christian views.

You believe these conservative lawmakers care one iota about about Muslim wishes?

https://www.aclu.org/blog/religious-liberty/using-religion-discriminate/georgia-law-enforcement-invites-noted-anti-muslim

Georgia Law Enforcement Invites a Noted Anti-Muslim Speaker to ‘Train’ Their Officers on Islam

The course instructor, David Bores, has a documented history of making inaccurate and dangerous statements regarding Muslims and Islam, claiming that Muslims are not entitled to the same rights as other communities.

This has NOTHING to do with anything else but pushing the conservative evangelical agenda. Georgia conservatives just punished Delta for simply daring to cut ties with the NRA; allowing discrimination against gays is the for sole purpose of furthering their ideology.
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 05:55
    Not that bill.

But stuff like that happens in Europe, of course, because if you believe in Christ that means that you deny things that the world loves:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-489285/Foster-child-taken-away-Christian-couple-refuse-teach-homosexuality.html
    So basically it’s just an anti-gay bill then.
  8. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 06:01
    Originally posted by @vivify
    You're not being honest. You full well that this has nothing to do with "religious rights". It has everything to do with promoting fundamentalist Christian views.

You believe these conservative lawmakers care one iota about about Muslim wishes?

https://www.aclu.org/blog/religious-liberty/using-religion-discriminate/georgia-law-enforcement-invites-n ...[text shortened]... NRA; allowing discrimination against gays is the for sole purpose of furthering their ideology.
    (1) I think that the whole issue has a lot to do with the free exercise and practice of one's religion, and businesses doing what they want with their own property and resources. At least, it totally can be treated that way.

(2) Vivify:
    "There is anti-Islamic sentiment in Georgia" (oh dear)

>Georgia Lawmakers [this law]
    >George Law enforcement invites anti-Islamic speaker...

Yeah, OK, so some Georgia police have invited a controversial speaker on Islam and that reflects on this law being made by other people... Because there must be some kind of sinister coordination between the two...

Geez, man, that's unrelated.
  9. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 06:03
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    So basically it’s just an anti-gay bill then.
    No, it is a bill that is meant to give rights of independent organizations to come up with policies in line with their own religious beliefs while conducting business or charitable acts.

But... I like your attitude, Shav. Always stay WOKE.

Speak your power to truth, Shav, speak that power.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 06:23
    Originally posted by @vivify
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gay-adoption-georgia-georgia-law-marriage-vote-allow-discrimination-lgbt-a8229821.html

The Georgia Senate has approved a bill that would give adoption agencies the ability to decide not to work with LGBTQ couples.

The measure was approved by a 35-19 vote last week after an hours’ worth of contenti ...[text shortened]... reme Court in December, and but justices have not yet released an opinion on the matter.
    All they're doing is denying a poor orphan child a loving family.

Just let them do it the way they want. It's useless trying to win over everyone to your cause.

Seattle's much nicer than Atlanta anyway.
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 07:11
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    All they're doing is denying a poor orphan child a loving family.

Just let them do it the way they want. It's useless trying to win over everyone to your cause.

Seattle's much nicer than Atlanta anyway.
    So you also disapprove of when very religious people (as int he example of the UK) are prevented from being allowed to foster a child, yes?
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 08:10
    So you also disapprove of when very religious people (as int he example of the UK) are prevented from being allowed to foster a child, yes?
    I didn't know that was a thing in the UK.

I would rather the child had a family than none.

That much is clear having lived in South Africa where there are many orphans from the AIDS epidemic.
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 08:40
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    I didn't know that was a thing in the UK.

I would rather the child had a family than none.

That much is clear having lived in South Africa where there are many orphans from the AIDS epidemic.
    Your consistency earns you a +1.
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 09:51
    No, it is a bill that is meant to give rights of independent organizations to come up with policies in line with their own religious beliefs while conducting business or charitable acts.

But... I like your attitude, Shav. Always stay WOKE.

Speak your power to truth, Shav, speak that power.
    No it is not.
    Because then independent organizations would have the ability to block Christians from adopting according to their own "religious' beliefs, wouldn't it?

So, it's anti-gay.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 10:101 edit
    If those "very religious people" are intolerant bigots (you know the type, I'm sure, those who hate anyone not like themselves), then they're not exactly "very religious people", at least according to the tenets of Christianity. What never fails to shock me (okay, shock is too strong a word, I can't possibly be shocked by anything that happens every single day, make that "disgusted"...) are the huge numbers of Christians in the world (okay, mainly in the US) who think it is perfectly okay to ignore Christ's commandment to "love thy neighbor as thyself".

I don't claim to know how others will answer this, but my answer is, no, I do not "disapprove" when intolerant bigots are prevented from being allowed to foster a child. This should be the default behavior, to keep kids from those who are set, even "hell-bent", on harming children through inculcating in them an intolerant, bigoted attitude and teaching them that this is the will of a loving God.