Debates Forum

1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 06:24
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And this is why I'm not a Republican.

I happen to think that an apple is an apple and a banana is a banana.
    If you only Knew. Ay??
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 14:05
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Yeah, but your views are ignorant, racist and stupid.

That’s the difference.
    And I think yours are...that is the difference.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 14:091 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Adoption? They should be bloody sterilized in this day and age.

Naaaa, kidding!

The whole thing is: equality.
    And people who don’t believe in equality of sexual orientation, sex, gender, race, etc. are basically unfit to live, never mind adopt children.

Naaaa, kidding.

I’m sure people who are biased against sexual orientation; and feel that w ...[text shortened]... ittle girl to be anything other than a slave to right-wing nutjobs.

And that’s why.
    Exactly.
    "Two gay men raising a kid can do so in a loving way, which will build the kid’s confidence and lay down the fundaments for a happy and creative life."

"fundamentals" of what exactly? How to never have a child of your own? How to be around sexual perverts? How to never experience the bond between mother and child? how to not be sure of your gender? Just what "fundamentals" do you refer?
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 14:20
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "Two gay men raising a kid can do so in a loving way, which will build the kid’s confidence and lay down the fundaments for a happy and creative life."
    [b]
    "fundamentals" of what exactly? How to never have a child of your own? How to be around sexual perverts? How to never experience the bond between mother and child? how to not be sure of your gender? Just what "fundamentals" do you refer?
    [/b]
    Putting aside for the moment your name calling and ignorance, please tell us.

Exactly what are your fundamentals ?
    We might as well get to the point here.

You have displayed a consistent pattern of trashing other people's viewpoints, liberal or otherwise, without telling us what your viewpoints are.

Put them on the table.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 14:25
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Putting aside for the moment your name calling and ignorance, please tell us.

Exactly what are your fundamentals ?
    We might as well get to the point here.

You have displayed a consistent pattern of trashing other people's viewpoints, liberal or otherwise, without telling us what your viewpoints are.

Put them on the table.
    LOL...are you so stupid you don't know what my lifestyle is?
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 15:15
    LOL...are you so stupid you don't know what my lifestyle is?
    Calling other people stupid in a debate forum doesn't cut it.
    We know what you're about.

What I want is for you to come out and say it.
    Give us your vision for America.
    And your vision for humanity while you're at it.

C'mon. Tell us !!
    Or are you afraid to ?
    This is a debate forum after all.
    Please show more of yourself than constantly going on about what is wrong with the other side.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 17:39
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Calling other people stupid in a debate forum doesn't cut it.
    We know what you're about.

What I want is for you to come out and say it.
    Give us your vision for America.
    And your vision for humanity while you're at it.

C'mon. Tell us !!
    Or are you afraid to ?
    This is a debate forum after all.
    Please show more of yourself than constantly going on about what is wrong with the other side.
    stupid is as stupid does...keep going
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 18:44
    Are you in over your head?
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 18:59
    Yup.
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 23:17
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I answered this question already when you listed a bunch of other religious candidates (like people from Westboro Baptist Church).

Please keep track of your own questions. It makes it seem like you don't really care about answers, and you're just spitting them out just to be contentious.
    So the answer is no.

So something like 15-20% of Americans would be unqualified to adopt children because they fall on a different ideological line than you.

That number could, of course, be higher.

You don't seem to enthsuiastically embrace this point, lol. It's a silly point.

I'm glad that I got you to agree to something silly. There's no point in really arguing about it -- you believe in somethign patently ridiculous, and you have cast a massive judgment on lots of people. So, I laugh.
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 23:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Hey, I have a bizarro idea for you, supposed "Christian".

Why don't we obey Jesus and simply love our neighbors as we love ourselves? You know, stop with the judging, and stop trying to restrict their human rights? Treat them with the same respect that you treat everyone else with and let them marry who they love. Is that really too much to ask?

Or are you just a hypocrite who only goes to church for the bake sales?
    I am not judging. I am trying to guide them by passionately advocatign what is right in the world, and telling people to avoid the pitfalls of bad behavior.

So tell me, what is a "human right" that is being allegedly restricted? Has it been rote oppression since there were no gay marriages for 1500 years prior to the 2000s?

You are so vague and gesticulating at just some hypermodern concept of rights.

.... I go to Church to praise God and honor the Saints. Do you go to Church? Because I recommend it. I am not a great or glorious person in the least; I am a terrible and ragged sinner But i enjoy my time there.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    So the answer is no.

So something like 15-20% of Americans would be unqualified to adopt children because they fall on a different ideological line than you.

That number could, of course, be higher.

You don't seem to enthsuiastically embrace this point, lol. It's a silly point.

I'm glad that I got you to agree to something silly. There's no ...[text shortened]... ethign patently ridiculous, and you have cast a massive judgment on lots of people. So, I laugh.
    Your question:

"So you would give a child to a Christian who would teach that homosexuality is wrong and that women should listen to their husband's and women shouldn't wear jeans, right?"

Not choosing people who'd teach discrimination and out-dated gender roles to a child as adoption choices is "patently ridiculous" to you?

You're right, there's no point in continuing with you.
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 01:15
    You don't agree with the way other people view the roles of men and women, and you do not agree with the way others view sexuality.

So you think they shouldn't be able to raise children.

Yet, their point of view was the most predominant point of view in billions of households the world over for the last thousands of years, and it remains even a predominant viewpoint in much of the world. Moreover, many of us were all raised by people who thought like that, and even if we do not agree precisely with their viewpoints, the notion that this prevented them from being proper parents is an EXTREME position.

Surely, you can recognize that your position is extreme, and thus it is very silly.

Silly is not going too far here -- I think yo uare smart and you can sit down and reason out just why this position is offensive, extreme, unproductive, unrealistic, and, thus, a silly thing for a smart person to think.