Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 17:27
    Originally posted by bill718
    I've voted in every election since 1976, but this many be the one in which I stay home. On the GOP side, we have an arrogant, big mouth blowhard, who seems to hate just about everyone (except himself and rich people), For the Democrats we have a lying little cow that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw a bull by the tail (which is not very far!), and the ...[text shortened]... is the best America has? Working on my endgames may be better than voting this time around. 😴
    Do not underestimate Sanders. He is the best choice if you do not want someone who is already totally bought and and sold.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 18:12
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I would vote for a sack of wet manure over Hillary.
    Chances are you'll get to.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 19:011 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Chances are you'll get to.
    That was very funny. You get a cookie.
    Anyway it doesn't really make any difference, voting one way or the other in America nowadays is like deciding which toilet you want to drink out of.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 22:21
    Originally posted by bill718
    I've voted in every election since 1976, but this many be the one in which I stay home. On the GOP side, we have an arrogant, big mouth blowhard, who seems to hate just about everyone (except himself and rich people), For the Democrats we have a lying little cow that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw a bull by the tail (which is not very far!), and the ...[text shortened]... is the best America has? Working on my endgames may be better than voting this time around. 😴
    As I recall, Bill718 recently *appeared* be endorsing Hillary Clinton for US President.
    If so, then why has he changed his mind?

Out of practical necessity, I prefer to think of an election *not* so much as *voting for*
    the politician that I think best of as *voting against* the politician that I think worst of.
    So 'Go Hindenberg!' (and defeat Hitler).
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 02:32
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    As I recall, Bill718 recently *appeared* be endorsing Hillary Clinton for US President.
    If so, then why has he changed his mind?

Out of practical necessity, I prefer to think of an election *not* so much as *voting for*
    the politician that I think best of as *voting against* the politician that I think worst of.
    So 'Go Hindenberg!' (and defeat Hitler).
    Voting for the lesser of two evils is often the case in the U.S.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 22:06
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Voting for the lesser of two evils is often the case in the U.S.I
    Very true. At least on the republican side, we have a large menu of choices. If one you like is there at the end, you are a winner.

On the other side, you have a retread, who may be in jail by election time, two elderly regionally popular guys, and a reluctant VP. Well then, I'm still waiting on the real Democrat to stand up.

I believe many US elections are indeed decided by those who stay home, that is the opposition party nominates candidates that don't excite the electorate.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 02:00
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Voting for the lesser of two evils is often the case in the U.S.
    Like you (Phranny), I hope that Bernie Sanders will become the next President of the United States.

If Hillary Clinton becomes the next US President, however, then will many progressive American
    women become as disappointed with her as many progressive African-Americans (e.g. Cornel West)
    have become with US President Barack Obama?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 21:04
    If I was 30 years younger I'd leave the US and go to Canada or Denmark, I still had kinfolk back there when I was in my 30's.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 02:39
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    If I was 30 years younger I'd leave the US and go to Canada or Denmark, I still had kinfolk back there when I was in my 30's.
    FishHead111 might be disappointed to learn that Canada (according to the 2011 census)
    already has about a 23% non-white population. In contrast to the USA. however, Canada's
    black minority is only about 3% of the population.