Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 16:37
    @no1marauder said
    IF a woman alone with two men said that they tried to rape her would you ever regard the allegation as "proven"? Is such an allegation always just a "smear"?

Do you, like Trump, assert that Kavanaugh was "proven innocent"?
    he was innocent BEFORE...nothing was shown to prove him guilty...So yes, he was proven innocent in this setup.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 16:38
    @duchess64 said
    (KazetNagorra replied by Sh76.)

If he were to apply to Harvard now, Brett Kavanaugh, by being born white, would
    most likely be assured of a higher score on Harvard's personality test (a factor in
    determining its admissions) than more academically qualified Asian Americans.

While racists may no longer be able to claim convincingly (it's long been false)
    that white a ...[text shortened]... anguages and
    perhaps even some European languages tends to get dismissed as linguistically narrow.
    look!...we get it, you hate being black, you hate being female...
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 16:50
    @no1marauder said
    IF a woman alone with two men said that they tried to rape her would you ever regard the allegation as "proven"? Is such an allegation always just a "smear"?

Do you, like Trump, assert that Kavanaugh was "proven innocent"?
    I don't think Kavanaugh was proven innocent (and I have no idea whether or not he was innocent). It's hard for me to feel the hearing was anything but a smear campaign because it is impossible to prove an unreported crime from 40 years ago without corroborating evidence and it's impossible to prove innocence. I accept that Congress is a joke and the whole confirmation process is a sham but I'm annoyed by people after the process was held explaining why we should be sympathetic to claims that were never proven.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 17:18
    @quackquack said
    I don't think Kavanaugh was proven innocent (and I have no idea whether or not he was innocent). It's hard for me to feel the hearing was anything but a smear campaign because it is impossible to prove an unreported crime from 40 years ago without corroborating evidence and it's impossible to prove innocence. I accept that Congress is a joke and the whole confirmation p ...[text shortened]... after the process was held explaining why we should be sympathetic to claims that were never proven.
    is anyone innocent?
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 17:40
    @mott-the-hoople said
    is anyone innocent?
    Yes retard.
    There are a lot of innocent people.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 18:23
    @shavixmir said
    Yes retard.
    There are a lot of innocent people.
    so what happened to take away Kavanagh's innocence?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 19:43
    @mott-the-hoople said
    so what happened to take away Kavanagh's innocence?
    Didn't you hear ANY of the testimony of his victims?
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 20:27
    @suzianne said
    (Suzianne replied to Mott-the-Hoopie.)

To be accurate, only Christine Blasey Ford gave testimony under oath.
    Other women reportedly were ready to testify, but the Republican Senators disallowed them.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 20:38
    @suzianne said
    No I didn't. I did watch the hearing in its entirety though.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 20:39
    @duchess64 said
    (Suzianne replied to Mott-the-Hoopie.)

To be accurate, only Christine Blasey Ford gave testimony under oath.
    Other women reportedly were ready to testify, but the Republican Senators disallowed them.
    You are either ignorant, or just plain lying.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 22:48
    @mott-the-hoople said
    he was innocent BEFORE...nothing was shown to prove him guilty...So yes, he was proven innocent in this setup.
    It's been explained to right wingers numerous times on this board that there is no "presumption of innocence" in a civil matter such as this.

Far from "nothing" testimony even your dimwit President and several Republicans called "credible" was presented as evidence of the allegations. Since the Trump administration refuses to publicize the FBI report and witness statements, we have no basis except the word of partisans on both sides as to what it contained.

Those documents should be released immediately and the cover up ended.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 22:491 edit
    @quackquack said
    I don't think Kavanaugh was proven innocent (and I have no idea whether or not he was innocent). It's hard for me to feel the hearing was anything but a smear campaign because it is impossible to prove an unreported crime from 40 years ago without corroborating evidence and it's impossible to prove innocence. I accept that Congress is a joke and the whole confirmation p ...[text shortened]... after the process was held explaining why we should be sympathetic to claims that were never proven.
    You've dodged my question as expected.

EDIT: To be fair, you answered the Kavanaugh question but not the "woman alone with two men" question.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 04:20
    @mott-the-hoople said
    No I didn't. I did watch the hearing in its entirety though.
    So there we are, it went in one ear and out the other, just like any criticism of your Führer.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 13:59
    @no1marauder said
    It's been explained to right wingers numerous times on this board that there is no "presumption of innocence" in a civil matter such as this.

Far from "nothing" testimony even your dimwit President and several Republicans called "credible" was presented as evidence of the allegations. Since the Trump administration refuses to publicize the FBI report and witness statem ...[text shortened]... as to what it contained.

Those documents should be released immediately and the cover up ended.
    No, due processed is alive and well. I do see why you leftist want to do away with it though, along with being able to censure those with differing views. Our constitution stands in your way.

Credible?, that is politicians playing the game, nothing more.

Why would the FBI release the findings of an investigation when it is not standard procedure? Wray has stated this investigation was conducted like all previous investigations.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 14:02
    @suzianne said
    So there we are, it went in one ear and out the other, just like any criticism of your Führer.
    Oh I watched it, only saw her victim.